Existing Contract

Received an email from DVD saying my gratuitous transfer is complete! The process only two a few weeks and the cost was minimal. Thank you to everyone that helped me through the process!
Glad it worked out for you. Am still waiting to submit my since we have trip planned in Oct. How much was the filing fee ?

It was $51.30 (or something close). We have a reservation in September and it did not create any problems with the transfer.

It was $51.30 (or something close). We have a reservation in September and it did not create any problems with the transfer.
Thanks, I will call DVC to make sure my 2 reservations wont be cancelled. Thanks for the info :thumbsup2

Thanks, I will call DVC to make sure my 2 reservations wont be cancelled. Thanks for the info :thumbsup2
If it's a gratuitous family transfer it won't be but it's a good idea to alert them.

It may have helped to that the upcoming reservation is for my own use and in my name.

For anyone involved in the process right now, it only took about 10 days after we were notified that the transfer was complete to receive new Member ID cards for our adult children. They were the hard plastic cards and showed they have been members since our original purchase date of the contract.

Hi everyone

I finally joined the DIS Boards after reading them forever. Unfortunately my first post is mining for information, sorry....

My parents joined DVC in 2003 when I was a young lad. I recently began researching adding my name and my brother's name to the deed and came across this thread. Thank you for all of the information posted so far.

I sent the request to DVC to have our names added. Finally got the response back in the mail today, containing the waiver and change request form. I'm in the process of completing a Florida Quit Claim template I found, however there is one thing i'm not sure of.

On the original DVC deed, my parent's address is listed as "for the purposes of this deed c/o Disney Vacation Development, Inc., 200 Celebration Place, Celebration Florida, 34747."

Do I use this address for the new deed for both the grantor and grantee, or do our actual home addresses get filled in anywhere on the new deed?

Thanks

I would use the DVD address. Otherwise, anyone who pulls the Quit Claim form will have your home addresses. Did you check the county's site to see if your parents' deed is publicly available to review for free?

I would use the DVD address. Otherwise, anyone who pulls the Quit Claim form will have your home addresses. Did you check the county's site to see if your parents' deed is publicly available to review for free?

TomL

Yes, it is available on the county website and I was able to print it out simply by searching using our last name.

Wow this is great information!
For this situation a Quit Claim deed is all you need. If you want to learn more about the various types, there are many sites on the web which explain them, some in more detail than others.

Dean, for a normal Quit Claim you just list the property description. When changing the title on DVC property do you need to add all the rest of the verbiage about the condominium use, etc? I'm just transferring from my name into my Trust. TIA!

Wow this is great information!

Dean, for a normal Quit Claim you just list the property description. When changing the title on DVC property do you need to add all the rest of the verbiage about the condominium use, etc? I'm just transferring from my name into my Trust. TIA!
I'd suggest you look at the other deeds on the OC website to compare but the description of the property and owners should be fine. OC has a page that lists deed requirements or at least they used to. All you're really trying to do is to get DVC to change the listing, the deed is just the method they've decided to use. It's not really a deed in the true sense of ownership. Many timeshares use a trust for this situation and no deed changes are actually involved.

I'd suggest you look at the other deeds on the OC website to compare but the description of the property and owners should be fine. OC has a page that lists deed requirements or at least they used to. All you're really trying to do is to get DVC to change the listing, the deed is just the method they've decided to use. It's not really a deed in the true sense of ownership. Many timeshares use a trust for this situation and no deed changes are actually involved.
Thanks!

Received an email from DVD saying my gratuitous transfer is complete! The process only two a few weeks and the cost was minimal. Thank you to everyone that helped me through the process!
After much procrastination, I finally mailed in deed to Orange County. They received it on Oct 6th. How long before updated deed shows on their records website?? TIA

After much procrastination, I finally mailed in deed to Orange County. They received it on Oct 6th. How long before updated deed shows on their records website?? TIA
Only took about a week for mine to show up. But I noticed there was a typo in the name of my Trust. I emailed them on a Sunday afternoon, and it was fixed by Monday morning. The folks there are so helpful!

Thanks for the tip! I did a search and actually found a deed that was prepared by the same Title Company DVC recommends. I just used theirs as a template, and after that it took me about 10 minutes to do 3 deeds. Then I called the OC Comptroller and they walked me through the rest. All it cost me was the $37.70 in fees per deed and postage...saved myself around $1500! My California deed was a bit harder, just because I couldn't find a number to call that would allow me to actually talk to a real person. So my first attempt was returned, because I sent a check for $21, and it was supposed to be $24. Sent it back last week, and expect to be able to send all 4 new deeds in to DVC this week.

Process is finally complete. I would like to thank all of you for the input and advice on how to add my spouse to contract. It only cost me $46.20!!:cool1::cool1::thumbsup2

Because this guide is so great, I wanted to add a change I found in the process. For step 1 to call and get a transfer request sent to you, the DVC guides seemed to have no idea what I wanted and kept telling me I HAD to use a company. This was 5 different people we spoke too. Well, Step 1 is a lot easier now because the form can be found on the DVC member website at: https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go...s/change-name/

Hope this helps others in this process.

Because this guide is so great, I wanted to add a change I found in the process. For step 1 to call and get a transfer request sent to you, the DVC guides seemed to have no idea what I wanted and kept telling me I HAD to use a company. This was 5 different people we spoke too. Well, Step 1 is a lot easier now because the form can be found on the DVC member website at: https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go...s/change-name/

Hope this helps others in this process.

Thanks, elfbo... I've edited the original document to include that bit. As times have changed (that was written back in 2012) there may be other updates to it, so I would love to hear how your process changed from what I did in '12.
Also, I'm curious if the revised contract is listed as a resale and will be treated as such instead of receiving the "perks" of a direct buy... seeing as how DVC is cracking down a bit with the new 75 point direct buy minimum. Please let me know what you find.

Fwiw I’m pretty sure that form was in the site well over a year ago when I tried to do this. (The timing was so that I could have a member card by Princess in February 2017, since I’m the only one using the points anymore, so this was back a bit)

And the reps really do not understand that it can be done without a company involved.

Alas I could never figure out the other steps at all and my all-of-a-sudden-now-soon-to-be-ex didn’t trust me or the dis, so we didn’t go forward with it.

Fwiw I’m pretty sure that form was in the site well over a year ago when I tried to do this. (The timing was so that I could have a member card by Princess in February 2017, since I’m the only one using the points anymore, so this was back a bit)

And the reps really do not understand that it can be done without a company involved.

Alas I could never figure out the other steps at all and my all-of-a-sudden-now-soon-to-be-ex didn’t trust me or the dis, so we didn’t go forward with it.

You are probably right about that form being on the web-site. I don't get here much, but this thread got brought up recently on a FB page so I wanted to check things out. I'm so sorry that things didn't work out for you and the process, bumbershoot. I've helped a few others with the process (via PM & email) and it is very tedious and long, so if you decide to pick up the process again please don't hesitate to reach out.

Wishing you all the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!