Adding a guest and linking AP to wristband?

simplymama

DIS Veteran
I purchased Platinum Passes for our family and we are staying a the GF. I just read that when you buy the pass and pick it up you don't get a band there but they ship it to your home.

Will we be able to link our new AP once picked up at the gate to the wristband we get from the resort?

Also if our older college daughter is able to join us last minute for the trip, as long as we add her to the reservation upon arrival, will she be able to get a wristband and have an AP added to it as well?

I purchased Platinum Passes for our family and we are staying a the GF. I just read that when you buy the pass and pick it up you don't get a band there but they ship it to your home.

Will we be able to link our new AP once picked up at the gate to the wristband we get from the resort?

Also if our older college daughter is able to join us last minute for the trip, as long as we add her to the reservation upon arrival, will she be able to get a wristband and have an AP added to it as well?

MagicBands serve as a “link” to whatever is on your My Disney Experience (MDE) account. There is nothing on any specific MagicBand, it only accesses information. So yes, once you activate your AP at any ticket window when there, the MagicBands you received for your resort reservation will work to enter the park.

Once your AP is activated, you’ll see MagicBands online waiting to be customized - you can do that later when you’re back home - if you want another set of bands.

Remember to bring your IDs when you go to activate your APs.

Hope that all makes sense. Congrats on the APs - we’re on year 3 or 4 I think and have really enjoyed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter