Adding a day

lynzi2004

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have current experience with adding a night before the existing stay? There was a time when only adding one night wasn't always possible with like minimum night stay booking or something, I can't remember the details. I currently have a reservation Jan 6-12, and would love to add the Friday night before. I haven't been able to snag one and have been checking for quite a while. Just wanted to check and see if anyone thought it was a possibility or if it would so no availability regardless since it was just one night. Thanks!

There is now apparently a 'thing' about adding days/changing days for a Ft stay, but people's experiences seem to vary. Some say they've been told they can't period, some have been told they can't during 'certain times' (ie holidays).

My advice would be to first very carefully try to modify your reservation online. If that doesn't work, call and try to do it. But either way do it as far in advance as you possibly can. Adding days close to your check in date has always been dicey. But now it appears that it may be dicey all year round.

As far as availability goes, I think all bets are off. The Fort is VERY popular these days.

1. They instituted a minimum stay at sites.
2. Some people only wanted a weekend.
3. To get around this, folks would book extra days, then drop them.
4. This gives them just a weekend instead of 3-4 days.
5. It deprived other campers the ability to use those days.

6. It is only far to disallow folks to abuse the system.
7. For the date you wish to add, there is a low chance.
8. You are trying to get a day during marathon periods.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter