Adding a day to free dining reservation

sbd78

DIS Veteran
Hello, we have 7 nights at CBR booked with free dining this July. We'd love to add an 8th night, but whenever I try to modify the reservation myself it reverts to regular (no free dining) pricing. In that case, we will just stay the 7 nights. Does anyone know if it's worth it to call in and see if a CM can add a night, or do they have access to the same exact availability I do trying to modify myself? TIA.

Hello, we have 7 nights at CBR booked with free dining this July. We'd love to add an 8th night, but whenever I try to modify the reservation myself it reverts to regular (no free dining) pricing. In that case, we will just stay the 7 nights. Does anyone know if it's worth it to call in and see if a CM can add a night, or do they have access to the same exact availability I do trying to modify myself? TIA.

Sometimes they can get a supervisor to make changes.

I did this to our reservation for this summer. When I called, they had to put me on hold and contact guest services directly. Otherwise, as I understand, it requires an entirely new reservation

Something I thought about with our 8 night Free Dining reservation was trying to switch it instead to a 7 night and using a room only discount for the last night. You can still choose as many days as you want for your tickets (so you can choose 8 still if that's what you're going for). You'll get one fewer day of meals than you would with the Free Dining, but you might save quite a bit more than paying rack rate. Also, depending on when you're leaving (say, if you're flying out in the morning), this could actually work out better. You can use your dining credits on the day you "check out," so you would still have the ability to use your credits your entire last full day. Then if you're leaving early the next day, you really don't need to use the dining plan anyway. We added 2 nights onto a stay (was a room only, not dining related) 2 trips ago because we had credit card points we could use. I called for our room preferences and had a castmember type it in over the phone, and he also added a note that we had 2 separate reservations so they would see that when they were booking our room. He also told us to say something when we checked in. We were kept in the same room for the whole stay. I think if they can avoid switching you when you have 2 back-to-back reservations, they will try to keep you in the same room because it's less work for them.

Something I thought about with our 8 night Free Dining reservation was trying to switch it instead to a 7 night and using a room only discount for the last night. You can still choose as many days as you want for your tickets (so you can choose 8 still if that's what you're going for). You'll get one fewer day of meals than you would with the Free Dining, but you might save quite a bit more than paying rack rate. Also, depending on when you're leaving (say, if you're flying out in the morning), this could actually work out better. You can use your dining credits on the day you "check out," so you would still have the ability to use your credits your entire last full day. Then if you're leaving early the next day, you really don't need to use the dining plan anyway. We added 2 nights onto a stay (was a room only, not dining related) 2 trips ago because we had credit card points we could use. I called for our room preferences and had a castmember type it in over the phone, and he also added a note that we had 2 separate reservations so they would see that when they were booking our room. He also told us to say something when we checked in. We were kept in the same room for the whole stay. I think if they can avoid switching you when you have 2 back-to-back reservations, they will try to keep you in the same room because it's less work for them.
Thanks for the reply, I have considered doing a room only reservation but only preferred rooms are available that date with the room discount at CBR. I have a standard room booked for our free dining reservation. I don't want to change rooms or pay extra for preferred on that last night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!