Adding 2 days to a ticket when you already made fastpasses

disprincess2213

DIS Veteran
My friend is joining us for an upcoming Disney trip and she purchased a 5 day hopper. Everything is linked, fastpasses made for 5 days- we are in business! Now she is staying an extra 3 nights and wants to add on 2 days of hoppers to her ticket. When we arrive at Epcot (our first park- which we do NOT have fastpasses for), SHe is supposed to "use" her magic band first to enter the park, THEN go to guest services to add on the two days correct??

ALso, since this will be the first park used on her magic band/ticket (with no fastpasses for this day, we started the next day at MK), since she is using the ticket on a day with no fastpasses- will the system "delete" any of the other 5 days of fastpasses since it is only a 5 day ticket and this park is not on my MDE?

Why would it delete any of the FP? Once she adds the days to her ticket, presumably before she attempts to make any more FP, she will have 7 days worth of tickets and can make FP for the additional 2 days.

She can go to guest services either before or after she enters the park - it doesn't really make a difference. Adding days won't affect any existing FP. She will then have 7 days of tickets and 5 days of FP. The only time the system will threaten to delete FP is if you don't have enough ticket media linked in MDE to cover the days of FP you want to make. You won't have this problem. As soon as you add the 2 days, she can then attempt to make FP for her extra 2 days in the parks.

If she purchased her ticket through Disney, she can call and add on those two days now and finish booking her FPs.

She can add on the 2 days prior to entering the park. Whether she does it now, when she reaches WDW, or after she enters her first park, all her FPs remain intact.

She purchased her ticked though undercover tourist. I don't know why but I remember something about using the ticket first before upgrading?? I just hoped that her fastpasses that were booked didn't get deleted because we were entering epcot (no fastpasses) which would satisfy one park of the 5 not booked with a fastpass. It sounds like from what everyone is saying, there will be no issue and that when she does upgrade the first night to a 7 day that we don't have to worry about any of the fastpasses previously made and that we can immediately try to get a fastpass for that night (if available).

She purchased her ticked though undercover tourist. I don't know why but I remember something about using the ticket first before upgrading?? I just hoped that her fastpasses that were booked didn't get deleted because we were entering epcot (no fastpasses) which would satisfy one park of the 5 not booked with a fastpass. It sounds like from what everyone is saying, there will be no issue and that when she does upgrade the first night to a 7 day that we don't have to worry about any of the fastpasses previously made and that we can immediately try to get a fastpass for that night (if available).
If you booked through UCT, you must go to guest services to upgrade. Sometimes using the ticket first helps bridge the full value of the ticket towards the upgrade rather than a cheaper price. Once you add the days you’ll be able to make fastpasses immediately for those 2 extra days.

She purchased her ticked though undercover tourist. I don't know why but I remember something about using the ticket first before upgrading??

If you booked through UCT, you must go to guest services to upgrade. Sometimes using the ticket first helps bridge the full value of the ticket towards the upgrade rather than a cheaper price.

Adding "days" to a ticket can be done at Guest Relations or any ticket booth (or at a WDW resort concierge desk.)
Regardless of what may have been said in the past, "using" a discounted ticket before upgrading does not affect its value in the upgrade process.

You can also upgrade the tickets at Guest Services in Disney Springs.

We actually had almost the exact scenario last year. We had originally purchased 4 day tickets from UCT for a spring trip that we ultimately postponed to the fall. For the fall trip, we planned to spend 8 days in the parks. We made four days of FP's before arriving at WDW. On our arrival day (not a park day), we added the four additional days to our tickets at the Guest Services in Disney Springs, and then began to add additional FP's later that night. We had no problems with the FP's we had previously booked.

If she purchased her ticket through Disney, she can call and add on those two days now and finish booking her FPs.

She can add on the 2 days prior to entering the park. Whether she does it now, when she reaches WDW, or after she enters her first park, all her FPs remain intact.

Per the CM I just spoke to on the phone, you can only call and add days to a ticket if that ticket was purchased as part of a package. A stand alone ticket purchase cannot be upgraded by phone.

Per the CM I just spoke to on the phone, you can only call and add days to a ticket if that ticket was purchased as part of a package. A stand alone ticket purchase cannot be upgraded by phone.
Others have reported tickets purchased via the website and app have been upgraded by a phone call to Ticketing.

Perhaps the recent magical enhancements have affected upgrades.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter