Added Trips! Now May, August, October & December!!! What?

Glad you'll have time to visit your grandparents and even more excited for your SWGE preview. Can't wait to read about it.
I'm so glad you were able to get a preview! What a fun surprise for the girls!!
I am super excitied about the SWGE Previews!

It will be good to see my grandparents. I booked us BOMA Breakfast again. Back to my original plan! Ha.

Question:

So, I just booked our rental car for the day from the Car Care Center for Saturday to go to my grandparents.

I did book us BOMA breakfast for 9:00 that morning, but Andy was kind of thinking we would just head down as soon as we can. I am not sure which I want to do? I also keep thinking about what else we could do while we have the car for the one day.

Any good off property restaurants we should try? Even a fun fast food place is fine, it doesn't have to be a sit down.
Anything that would be worth stopping at on the way back?

I would love to do BOMA, but I do want to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge one day and BOMA isn't going anywhere. We won't have a car most trips, so wondering what we could do to maximize the car rental.

Suggestions welcome!!!

Hello Everyone!!!

10 Days till our trip!!!!

I am so excitied but trying to be patient.

I have started to gather things that we need here and there as I remember them. But can't do real packing till this weekend and even then, I might need to do a load of wash for the final packing-ness.

Random thoughts...
  • Did anyone here the rumor about It's a Small World possibly getting characters in it!!!! I am abnormally excitied about this. We LOVE it in Disneyland! And would love to see it in Disney World.
  • I had to call and re-add our flight info for our reservations for Magical Express. SUPER annoying as I know I put them on when I made the reservations. I mostly mention it as a suggestion to just always call and add it on once have flights.
  • Dessert Parties... So, my children like to spring these things on me last minute, I swear! Gwen was just talking about how she wanted to see Fantasmic again. And that she really liked the dessert box that we got when we saw it. I took a look to see about availability for the 2 nights that we could possibly go. And there are still open. So, I think I am going to just wait and see if we are up for it one night or night.
  • We went up to Andy's parents on Saturday for a last minute dinner. We got to see Andy's sister and family. We talked about Halloween costumes, they are doing snacks... which is cute, but I know the girls wanted to be something all together. oh well.
  • We also "compared" fast passes to see what over lap we had. VERY LITTLE!!!! Oh well. They seem fine with it, so I am as well. We are kind of taking different approaches to the the trip. We are getting in early and then get out. While they are going to go in late.
  • And last but not least.... I am having serious T-Shirt ordering size issues!!!!! I decided to order new Star Wars Shirts for our Galaxy's Edge preview day. But I have order 2 different shirts for Gwen and both are too big. So, I placed another order yesterday, and that SHOULD be the right size. As long as it gets here in time.

That is about all I have at the moment. I hope everyone's week is going ok. Mine is going slooooooow!!!!

I'm so behind on the PTR boards because I'm not doing a PTR at the moment! So just wanted to chime in since I will be seeing you guys real soon!

Did anyone here the rumor about It's a Small World possibly getting characters in it!!!! I am abnormally excitied about this. We LOVE it in Disneyland! And would love to see it in Disney World.
That would be so cool!!
I had to call and re-add our flight info for our reservations for Magical Express. SUPER annoying as I know I put them on when I made the reservations. I mostly mention it as a suggestion to just always call and add it on once have flights.
Ugh I entered all my flight info when booking ME but then got the tags and it said "flight info unknown". #DisneyIT
Dessert Parties... So, my children like to spring these things on me last minute, I swear! Gwen was just talking about how she wanted to see Fantasmic again. And that she really liked the dessert box that we got when we saw it. I took a look to see about availability for the 2 nights that we could possibly go. And there are still open. So, I think I am going to just wait and see if we are up for it one night or night.
I actually really liked this when we did it 2 years ago. We don't have time for it on upcoming trips but hopefully next year!
And last but not least.... I am having serious T-Shirt ordering size issues!!!!! I decided to order new Star Wars Shirts for our Galaxy's Edge preview day. But I have order 2 different shirts for Gwen and both are too big. So, I placed another order yesterday, and that SHOULD be the right size. As long as it gets here in time.
Good luck! I know sizing can be so off with some of the Etsy stuff. It depends on what brand of tshirt they use to print the stuff on!

I'm so behind on the PTR boards because I'm not doing a PTR at the moment! So just wanted to chime in since I will be seeing you guys real soon!
I am behind on a lot of folks reports, don't feel bad.

I will def text you on that Monday. What is your general plan that day? My head to swirling a bit with everyone that is now going to be around! What time slot did you get for Galaxy's Edge? The afternoon?

Your trip is coming up so soon!!

Its probably best that your family isnt doing everything with you! Different families (even when related) always have different touring styles so its best to just see each other when you can rather than trying to force everyone to hang out! Plus, its so nice when you can text someone and find out where they are! I used to hate meeting up with my Aunt and cousins when I was little since you had to pick a meeting place and a time! haha

Florida traffic can be bad so its probably best to just get out on the road. If theres any delay for breakfast you'll probably feel that added stress!

And I did NOT hear about IASW but that is so exciting!!! I would love that. I can't wait to ride DL's just because of that. I never understood why WDW didn't have Disney characters in its ride lol makes no sense!

Florida traffic can be bad so its probably best to just get out on the road. If theres any delay for breakfast you'll probably feel that added stress!
I am leaning towards that now... I am thinking that it might be good to just go and get it over with. Which sounds bad. but you know make sure we get down, see them, and get back. It would be nice to be back and not too late.

I was just thinking if it would be worth going to City Walk for dinner instead or even Disney Springs, even just to pick something up to eat in the room? Maybe?

I am behind on a lot of folks reports, don't feel bad.

I will def text you on that Monday. What is your general plan that day? My head to swirling a bit with everyone that is now going to be around! What time slot did you get for Galaxy's Edge? The afternoon?

Ours is on the 18th morning (Sunday), but we were planning on going to DHS Monday anyways, because that was the only park where I could get decent fastpasses on short notice, managed to get TSM and RnRC. We will be there most of the morning and afternoon so when you come out of GE we can meet up with you guys!

Did anyone here the rumor about It's a Small World possibly getting characters in it!!!! I am abnormally excitied about this. We LOVE it in Disneyland! And would love to see it in Disney World.
I hadn't heard this but it would be amazing!!!! Love, love, love the Disneyland version

Dessert Parties... So, my children like to spring these things on me last minute, I swear! Gwen was just talking about how she wanted to see Fantasmic again. And that she really liked the dessert box that we got when we saw it. I took a look to see about availability for the 2 nights that we could possibly go. And there are still open. So, I think I am going to just wait and see if we are up for it one night or night.
Thankfully so far Casey's only request is for Whispering Canyon and we should be able to work in a lunch there

We also "compared" fast passes to see what over lap we had. VERY LITTLE!!!! Oh well. They seem fine with it, so I am as well. We are kind of taking different approaches to the the trip. We are getting in early and then get out. While they are going to go in late.
Very odd they didn't want to coordinate more with you all. I met you on the internet and we coordinated plans :P I'm sure there is lots for you to fill me in on

That is about all I have at the moment. I hope everyone's week is going ok. Mine is going slooooooow!!!!
Oh mine too but thankfully only one more day. I don't have too much I have to get done before I leave but I have meetings straight from 7:30 to 4. 😱

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Happy Saturday! Next week this time we will be in Florida! Of course, we will on our way to pick up a rental car and drive away from Disney Property, BUT we will be on vacation! Woo Hoo!

Today we are having some pool time with friends and tomorrow has been set aside for packing!

Not too much to update on... There are a million disser headed to Disney next weekend for the Annual Pass Previews! And hopefully I will be running into at least some of them.

Def having dinner with @kastoney & family with @ariane37 & DH. I think @Melinda might be joining us for dinner as well. I should be running into @MeghanEmily hopefully at Animal Kingdom the one day. And we should run into @chunkymonkey & DH at Hollywood Studios after we see Galaxy's Edge. @disneyAndi14 & @Tracy161 I should be running into at the Halloween Party. @amalone1013, @Cloe Colton & @Araminta18 are still up in the air, and I need to PM them to see if we can squeeze it in!

I mean really!!! How did this many people end up in Disney at the same time as me? Craziness!

Hello!!!!

So, I am second guessing our Spice Road Table reservation. I really want to try it but every time I look at the menu I think a) there is nothing the girls are going to eat and b) alot of the stuff has olives, which Andy and I both aren't big fans of....

Sooooo, now I am thinking maybe Le Cellier? We have never been there, and I know Morgan will appriciate a good steak (well hopefully a good steak) And I really liked the Filet piece I ate at Food & Wine. I know it gets mixed reviews....

What do you guys think?!?!?

Hello!!!!

So, I am second guessing our Spice Road Table reservation. I really want to try it but every time I look at the menu I think a) there is nothing the girls are going to eat and b) alot of the stuff has olives, which Andy and I both aren't big fans of....

Sooooo, now I am thinking maybe Le Cellier? We have never been there, and I know Morgan will appriciate a good steak (well hopefully a good steak) And I really liked the Filet piece I ate at Food & Wine. I know it gets mixed reviews....

What do you guys think?!?!?

Hmmm...tough call. We've had some very good experiences at Le Cellier, and some kinda-decent-but-not-worth-the-price experiences. I would be tempted to try something unique like Spice Road Table, but also would probably be questioning it because of the reasons you listed.

Hello Everyone!!!

It is ALMOST time for us to go!!! This week has been going by so so so slowly! I am 99% packed up at this point.

Speaking of packing, does everyone pack shampoo and conditioner just incase the hotel doesn't? I do and I never use it! It seems like a waste, but I feel like if I don't, it will be the one time that the room doesn't have it or something!

My last shirts arrived, been washed and packed away!

So, I think I am good, but now I just have to wait another 2 days of work!

So, my last thing I wanted to do was make a Trip Must-do List ala @Jenny Sanders

So here is my list!!!!

• Try the Temple of Bacon
  • See as much as humanly possible in Galaxy's Edge
  • Have as many dis meets as possible
  • Actually eat at Beaches & Cream
  • Keep Sanaa Reservation (can we say Bread Service!!!!!)
  • Finally try Nomad's Lounge
  • Get a Hot Pink Corkscicle from Wine Bar George, The Basket
  • Morgan wants to find a key chain & cell phone case. Maybe get Gwen a backpack ala Casey did today.
  • See at least one night time show
  • Find Christmas Ornament that represents our trip
  • Get a new Coffee Mug.
  • Have FUN!!!!!

Speaking of packing, does everyone pack shampoo and conditioner just incase the hotel doesn't? I do and I never use it! It seems like a waste, but I feel like if I don't, it will be the one time that the room doesn't have it or something!
I keep bottles in my Owners Locker! I need color safe products and the Disney ones strip the color too quickly! But even before I had an OL, I always bring my own shampoo/conditioner on trips!

Your list is great! I hope you accomplish lots of stuff on it! Especially Sanaa and Nomad Lounge and Dismeets! I also sometimes back shampoo and conditioner, but it's more because my hair can feel kinda gross sometimes if I use products that are different from what I use at home. But the Disney shampoo and conditioner aren't too bad, so I probably just shouldn't bother. Worst case scenario, you could always call for some if you didn't have any, or tteal some off a housekeeping cart or something! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!