Added Trips! Now May, August, October & December!!! What?

Ugh.. Guys... I was talking things through with the fam at dinner today. And my mind knows that we should go and visit my grandparents but I really don't want to... It's going to be a 2 hour drive down and a 2 hour drive back for probably a 2 hour visit... It is just going to be a lot of driving... Maybe I will talk to my mom about it. They will be up in September for 2 weeks for my sisters wedding. So, maybe I can just plan on some extra time with them while they are up here....

That is a lot of driving for a short visit. DBF's family is about an hour out of Orlando and lay on the guilt trip when we travel to WDW and don't visit but it's not as simple as it sounds sometimes!

Your plans sound great! I'm sure it's tough committing to such a long drive back/forth to visit your grandparents. It would be nice if you can skip it since you will be seeing them the following month.

It's a tough call about taking the drive-time to visit. If they are in good health, I would probably feel OK waiting and commiting extra time to seeing them in September.

A water park day sounds like a lot of fun! We've never visited either one, but I always think the theme of Blizzard Beach looks the so much fun.

hat is a lot of driving for a short visit. DBF's family is about an hour out of Orlando and lay on the guilt trip when we travel to WDW and don't visit but it's not as simple as it sounds sometimes!
It really isn't... It is alot of driving. And it won't be relaxing for Andy, as he will more than likely do all of the driving.

It's a tough call about taking the drive-time to visit. If they are in good health, I would probably feel OK waiting and commiting extra time to seeing them in September.

A water park day sounds like a lot of fun! We've never visited either one, but I always think the theme of Blizzard Beach looks the so much fun.
Ugh. My grandfather's health is all over the place. My sisters and mom went down 3 years ago to see him because we thought he wasn't going to make it much longer. And rebounded twice since then...

I am kind of leaning towards scrapping the drive. But I don't know... I guess I have more time to decided.

I think your plans sound great for August! I agree that maybe if you can visit with your grandparents while they are up might be the better option. I'm sure their trip is more about family versus yours which is mostly for Disney! And that is a long drive....

I think the water park idea sounds great! I don't think I would do it on your party day though because being in the sun and running around in the heat will definitely tire the girls out and staying for the whole party will be way more fun! I personally like Typhoon Lagoon better just because Blizzard Beach always felt more of a young kids park but your girls are still pretty young so they might enjoy it! I just know at a certain point I felt like I aged out of some of the attractions.

I like the idea of the DAK fps the morning of the party though. Better to book them than not have them at all! As much as its night to have the FPs before the party starts I honestly feel like SO many people are trying to use FPs at that time that they get pretty backed up. At least thats the experience I've had the last few parties!

Overall your plans sound great!!

Ok, so I am trying to figure out some plans for our October Adults only trip and our December trip. And I just need to complain...

Disney doesn't have park hours yet for December and most of the times for October are even August are pretty generic! I am fine with it except, picking dinning basically locks us to certain parks on certain days and especially for December, with a party of 8 we need to book dinning ASAP! Grrr....

Anyway...

I hope to kick off both of those trips with basic info next!

October Adults Only Trip

So, this trip is still up in the air. We don't have flights booked yet, and I am not 100% sure, my mom can handle watching the girls while we are gone. But I do really really want to go again this year by ourselves for a couple reason...

• It would be great to get into Galaxy's Edge without the girls the first time, so we can take our time, and if we want to wait in line for something, we don't have to listen to them complain!
  • It really was a nice get away for the both of us. We basically never go away anymore. So, this would be a nice annual trip!

Sadly, it will just be us again. We tried to get 2 of our couple friends to come along, but one set is getting married in September and the other is going to Disney in December (see my next post about our December trip) and that would be too much Disney, too close together... As if...

That all being said... Here is what I have at the moment:

Fly out sometime Thursday, October 3rd and fly home Sunday, October 6th. (Basically the same time frame we had last time.)
We are staying at Caribbean Beach. I figured that the gondolas will be open by then, so we can hop on those to get to Hollywood Studios and EPCOT. And I figure that will be the focus of this trip, those 2 locations.
------Andy did mention yesterday staying at Boardwalk for this trip. Which I would be against, except it is much $$$$ than what we currently have!-----

I made some dinner reservations on the fly the day that dinning opened up for this. So, they might change...

Friday: Jiko @ 7:25 PM
Saturday: Sebastian's @ 5:45 PM
Sunday: California Grill Brunch @ 12:20

California Grill Brunch is the one that I REALLY want to do. The other 2 we can change as needed. I just hope I can get a flight late enough that we can enjoy Brunch and not be rushed. It was the earliest I could get.

Goals of this trip:
See Galaxy's Edge! - I think we will def try and take advantage of the Extra Extra Magic Hours for this from 6:00 - 9:00 AM. Hopefully we can get coffee before we hop on a Gondola and head over. I also hop it won't be too bad that early in the morning. How many people are going to get up and be there AT 6:00 AM?!? No really, how busy do we think that will be?
Enjoy Food & Wine - Taste some booths and just enjoy EPCOT. The girls don't mind EPCOT but it is def the park they want to do the least in these days.

I think that is it. The other big factor would be if Disney announces some sort of Annual Pass event for Galaxy's Edge. I have to assume at this point, that, it would be AFTER the area opens and maybe they will do it once BOTH rides are open...

I have to agree how annoying it is that Disney doesn't have a lot of the times out! Its just frustrating at this point! And then when they do release them they change them anyway lol not sure what the point is! Definitely annoying when they are the ones who put this plan so far ahead system in place but then don't actually make it possible to plan accordingly!

I hope your October trip does happen! I feel like that would be a good way to wait in the long lines without complaining. Although I say that knowing full well MY DH will complain if I make him wait more than an hour haha I am wondering how those morning hours are going to be too! At least you'll have a good month to see how they go and can figure out what time you need to be up and out to make them work. I only have like ten days before our trip to figure out how we are going to tackle SWGE if at all :confused3 I'm hoping that 6AM doesn't mean 4 or 5am lol I'm personally hoping that if DH and I do take advantage of the EEMH that we can roll in around 7AM and have a 1-2 hour wait lol I don't expect that we will ever be at the front of the pack for those early hours so I think we're going to be waiting either way!

Nice score on the CG brunch! Hopefully that will work for your flight home, maybe setting a reservation finder for other earlier times just in case? Its definitely worth going!

I have to agree how annoying it is that Disney doesn't have a lot of the times out! Its just frustrating at this point! And then when they do release them they change them anyway lol not sure what the point is! Definitely annoying when they are the ones who put this plan so far ahead system in place but then don't actually make it possible to plan accordingly!
Thank God for Touring Plans! I used that all afternoon while trying to finally wrap my head around the December Trip more! I know they are guessing a little but at least it gives me something to go with. I would totally be ok Disney moving the ADR back a bit, maybe 4 month ahead? I feel like that would be better for everyone.

Nice score on the CG brunch! Hopefully that will work for your flight home, maybe setting a reservation finder for other earlier times just in case? Its definitely worth going!
Good Idea! I just did!

I'm hoping that 6AM doesn't mean 4 or 5am lol I'
We actually wouldn't have too much trouble getting up at 5 and getting there at 6. Getting there at 6 NOT getting in line at 5AM!!! It is good that there is some time for me to see if it will be worth it or not. Also, maybe slowed down just a little bit. Even just a little will help, I think... Right?

October Adults Only Trip

So, this trip is still up in the air. We don't have flights booked yet, and I am not 100% sure, my mom can handle watching the girls while we are gone. But I do really really want to go again this year by ourselves for a couple reason...

• It would be great to get into Galaxy's Edge without the girls the first time, so we can take our time, and if we want to wait in line for something, we don't have to listen to them complain!
  • It really was a nice get away for the both of us. We basically never go away anymore. So, this would be a nice annual trip!

Sadly, it will just be us again. We tried to get 2 of our couple friends to come along, but one set is getting married in September and the other is going to Disney in December (see my next post about our December trip) and that would be too much Disney, too close together... As if...

That all being said... Here is what I have at the moment:

Fly out sometime Thursday, October 3rd and fly home Sunday, October 6th. (Basically the same time frame we had last time.)
We are staying at Caribbean Beach. I figured that the gondolas will be open by then, so we can hop on those to get to Hollywood Studios and EPCOT. And I figure that will be the focus of this trip, those 2 locations.
------Andy did mention yesterday staying at Boardwalk for this trip. Which I would be against, except it is much $$$$ than what we currently have!-----

I made some dinner reservations on the fly the day that dinning opened up for this. So, they might change...

Friday: Jiko @ 7:25 PM
Saturday: Sebastian's @ 5:45 PM
Sunday: California Grill Brunch @ 12:20

California Grill Brunch is the one that I REALLY want to do. The other 2 we can change as needed. I just hope I can get a flight late enough that we can enjoy Brunch and not be rushed. It was the earliest I could get.

Goals of this trip:
See Galaxy's Edge! - I think we will def try and take advantage of the Extra Extra Magic Hours for this from 6:00 - 9:00 AM. Hopefully we can get coffee before we hop on a Gondola and head over. I also hop it won't be too bad that early in the morning. How many people are going to get up and be there AT 6:00 AM?!? No really, how busy do we think that will be?
Enjoy Food & Wine - Taste some booths and just enjoy EPCOT. The girls don't mind EPCOT but it is def the park they want to do the least in these days.

I think that is it. The other big factor would be if Disney announces some sort of Annual Pass event for Galaxy's Edge. I have to assume at this point, that, it would be AFTER the area opens and maybe they will do it once BOTH rides are open...
Hello, sorry new poster to this thread but I read you were going in August- me too! But what caught my eye was your plan to do California Grill Brunch- do it!!!! It is amazing and easily one of the best meals I've ever had on property.

Obviously, I missed a bunch of updates!

I was inspired by @disneyAndi14's trip report and booked us a BOMA breakfast reservation @ 9:15.

I have wanted to try breakfast but going all the way over there first thing in the morning always seems like a pain. But I figured, we can pick up the rental car in the morning, park at Animal Kingdom Lodge, have a nice big breakfast and then make the drive south to see my grandparents.
Boma breakfast is sooo yummy! My mom said it was one of her favorite meals of the trip!

And hopefully we will be spending a good portion of the day with @kastoney and her family. If they can extend there trip by a day, I think we are going to try and do Hoop Dee Doo Review together!
Hmm... Yeah, Tier 3 isn't great. like you said we can text about it. Maybe Whispering Canyon? Only cause the girls would have fun with the antics? Or maybe we go to Disney Springs? Morimoto's? Also, if you can't extend a day, maybe we can plan on being back in time on Saturday to meet you guys for dinner somewhere?
Oooh Hoop Dee Doo! It was so much fun with our group and the girls would love it! Have you guys done it before? On our day they still paid attention to the balcony and went up there to talk to people. It wasn't as much action as being in Tier 1 on the lower area, but it's not a huge venue, so it still feels fun! I would totally do a Tier 3 HDDR over the other options! You can also try checking for smaller groups and have the same person book them. We had 2 tables of 6, but they were literally a couple inches from each other so it felt like one huge table - they note who makes the reservations, so made sure to place them close to each other!

Tuesday is the Halloween Party Night. I have Magic Kingdom for today but I am thinking maybe booking fast passes closer to the party time, and just spend the morning at the resort. Just go swim and rest. I don't have any dinning reservations, so we can play the day by ear.

Hmm, maybe we go to Animal Kingdom for a quick stop. I know the girls will want to ride Kali River Rapids. We could grab Kali and FOP fastpasses for first thing in the morning. Head back and rest and swim?
Maybe book the FPs, but have those duplicated for other days, so if you can tell the heat is causing the girls to be too exhausted, you can cancel the AK ones and just relax at the resort that morning? It may be necessary with the late party!

I proably asked this already but is one better than the other? How long should I plan on us being there? Could we do it on the party day? That might be pushing it.

For water parks, I feel like Blizzard beach has better slides, but Typhoon Lagoon has a better theming, lazy river, and wave pool. That wave pool was super fun with HUGE waves! I loved going in the lazy river and hearing all the various tropical music (I dozed on my 1.5 laps). The family raft ride would fit all of you guys and it was fun. I haven't been to BB yet, but it also looks fun. They have the kids areas with water-obstacle courses, which the girls may like. I think you wouldn't be disappointed with either of them!

December Christmas Trip:

Ok, so, let's see if I can get this part of the trip report going!!!

I have been wanting to go to Disney at Christmas time for awhile now! I have read a bunch of you folks who have been there during this time of year and it just seems a little extra special. So, when we decided to get the annual passes, I told Andy that it just makes sense to go this year.

PLUS, the girls school always does Parent / Teacher Conferences the first full week in December. And I was looking at the calendar, and realized that it was going to butt up with Thanksgiving being so late this year. So, we can leave Thanksgiving afternoon and come back Wednesday sometime and the girls will miss 2 half days. A win in my book! (Especially since Morgan will be entering 6th Grade this fall! The dreaded Middle School!!!

My girlfriend and I have been talking about going to Disney at the same time for awhile now. And right before they announced the official opening of Galaxy's Edge, I strongly encouraged them to book for about the same time as us. Her husband and him both went to Syracuse University together and have now had 2 former college friends pass away. And we keep talking about how life is short and you just need to stop waiting to do things.

So, what did they do? They waited till the weekend to book, Galaxy's edge was announced and they had to arrive on Saturday instead of Friday and had to book a perferred room. But they were able to book. (plus they are staying longer so it's ok for them)

OK, maybe I should backtrack a little...

Let me get the Who, What, Where, & When for this trip!

Who:
The "Regulars" in my trip reports

And then Our friends the L's

I mean how perfect are they? My girlfriend is ALL ABOUT THE Photos!!! Balloons were purchased specifically for that photo! This photo was taken when they went in 2016. There oldest DS-L was born exactly 2 weeks after Gwen. So, all 4 kids are close and we call them pho-cousins. There youngest DS-M, is spunky! And short, I am hoping he is tall enough for at least most of the rides.

What:
A Christmas Full Trip to Disney World! My goal is to try and do most if not all of the Holiday stuff!

Where:
We are all staying at Caribbean Beach. I would have loved to have stayed at Wilderness Lodge for this trip, but it was just too pricey, especially with all of the trips we are taking this year. And I figured at least Caribbean Beach, we would be able to take the gondolas to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. I was considering French Quarter as well, but the gondolas swayed me.

We are in a standard room and the L's are in a preferred room. So, we won't be near each other, but maybe I can get us close-ish. But I am not too worried about it. We will be fine meeting up places.

When:
I am still waiting to buy our plane tickets. I am hoping to fly Southwest and they haven't released there flights passed Nov 2nd yet. So, I am patiently not patiently waiting for that to happen. BUT more than likely we will be flying out Thursday, Thanksgiving afternoon/evening. I want to leave Wednesday after the girls finish school. (they will have a half day) But Andy thinks that his family will disown him if we do that. I say, they will get over it.

The L's are flying in Saturday afternoon and leave I think the following Friday, or Saturday. We will have to probably fly back Wednesday, so the girls can go to school on Thursday and Friday.

So, I have until June 1st to figure out our meals. Especially any that we want to all eat together. And I have been trying to get the L's to let me know what they want to do! It has not been easy. They are not planners, or at least not this far out.

Fingers crossed that it will work out!!
Thanks!

Hello, sorry new poster to this thread but I read you were going in August- me too! But what caught my eye was your plan to do California Grill Brunch- do it!!!! It is amazing and easily one of the best meals I've ever had on property.

Welcome!!! And I do hope that it works out. It is def something I want to do without the girls

For water parks, I feel like Blizzard beach has better slides, but Typhoon Lagoon has a better theming, lazy river, and wave pool. That wave pool was super fun with HUGE waves! I loved going in the lazy river and hearing all the various tropical music (I dozed on my 1.5 laps). The family raft ride would fit all of you guys and it was fun. I haven't been to BB yet, but it also looks fun. They have the kids areas with water-obstacle courses, which the girls may like. I think you wouldn't be disappointed with either of them!
Hmm. I have to check out what is at which. We do like Lazy Rivers. And really that was the only disapointing thing at Yacht Club. The lazy river was a little too lazy.

Maybe book the FPs, but have those duplicated for other days, so if you can tell the heat is causing the girls to be too exhausted, you can cancel the AK ones and just relax at the resort that morning? It may be necessary with the late party!
Resting will def be the best idea I think.

Oooh Hoop Dee Doo! It was so much fun with our group and the girls would love it! Have you guys done it before?
We will see. Kari just did a Tier 3 reservation. Morgan would be fine up there. We have done it once. A few years back. It was one of those things that I booked and Andy didn't really know what to expect and he loved it.

Boma breakfast is sooo yummy! My mom said it was one of her favorite meals of the trip!
i really want to do this at some point. But if we decided to NOT go to my grandparents, I feel like I might have to cancel it.

While I of course would love to see you visit your grandparents....there is always more time with us :-)
I am leaning towards not going. Andy really doesn't want to go and I feel obligated to go but also am not really feeling it.

Any intrest in going to a water park? Or maybe dinner that night in Disney Springs?

I have been wanting to go to Disney at Christmas time for awhile now! I have read a bunch of you folks who have been there during this time of year and it just seems a little extra special.
You are going to LOVE it!!!!! It's my absolute favorite time to go :lovestruc

I want to leave Wednesday after the girls finish school. (they will have a half day) But Andy thinks that his family will disown him if we do that. I say, they will get over it.
I fully agree with you!! When we do WDW for Christmas, it's usually over the actual holiday. Rob's family weren't thrilled about it the first time we did it....I did not care. :) It made us happy, and by now they've gotten over it and just accepted that every couple years (THIS YEAR!!!) we aren't there on the actual date of Christmas.

Happy Hump Day Everyone! Work has been slow, which has lead to lots of time for me to ponder my trips! Which is good and bad.

August Trip:
I am now leaning towards not visiting my grandparents. 4 hours of driving just doesn't sound like a fun vacation day to me. And I am trying to balance the park days with pool time and that one day, is really throwing me off. So, now I need to see where best to fit in a water park day.

I looked last night, and I think Blizzard Beach would be best for us to go to. It's pretty close to Coronado and I think we will like the theming more there.

October Trip:
No real updates there.

December Trip:
Oye! I have such a headache on this one!!! If we go the time frame Andy wants to go, we don't have enough time! Only really 3 full days. if we go when I want to go, we could get 5 full days and that would really help spread things out.

Of course, I was talking to him this morning... And he asked me where I wanted to stay. :sad2: I swear, he doesn't listen to me when I talk about our trips!

Here is my list of things that I want to do:

• Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
  • Resort Hop to see decorations
  • Possibly Galaxy's Edge (it would be the first for the girls)
  • See as many Santa's in EPCOT
  • Jingle Bell Jingle Bam Fireworks and Dessert Party
The thoughts going through my head right now about all of these items:
  • I am thinking we will need 2 trips to EPCOT to see most of the Santas? Does that sound about right?
  • I was also thinking that resort hopping would be good before the L's show up. I don't think they will be on there to-do list. And good for a day when the parks will be fairly busy still.
  • Do we think that Disney will do Jingle Bell Jingle Bam? It's not listed on the website AT ALL. Or would they not do it this year with crowds?
  • Throwing Galaxy's Edge into the mix, is part of what is throwing me off. We have no idea how you will get into the land. They girls might have to wait till February to see it.

Also, my girlfriend said that she wants to do the Artist's Point Evil Queen Dinner!!! Woo Hoo!!! I would also love to do Ohana with them, as they are family.

I fully agree with you!! When we do WDW for Christmas, it's usually over the actual holiday. Rob's family weren't thrilled about it the first time we did it....I did not care. :) It made us happy, and by now they've gotten over it and just accepted that every couple years (THIS YEAR!!!) we aren't there on the actual date of Christmas.
I just keep hoping that the cost will be low that it just makes sense. But I won't know until Southwest release there flights!!!! And it was to be May 21st (next Tuesday) But I think they might have pushed it back till June 8th! Ugh!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!