Added Trips! Now May, August, October & December!!! What?

I feel like its good to have both options for your DAH day! Because if its too cold you'll be upset to not have the FPs to use. If it is nice (and since you have APs and arent technically wasting a day by missing DAK) I would just have the girls swim and enjoy the Poly since its a treat to be staying there and you can do DAK on every trip. Once they're done head to DAK if its still early and do you three FPs and then head back to Riverside. I would actually put your check in time as like 8AM. A cast member told me to do this one time no matter what time I was showing up! I would also keep the later reservation. 5 just seems way too early and will lead to rushing!

And for your MK day I would maybe suggest switching around Space Mtn and BTMR. Space and 7DMT are much closer and would prevent a lot of back and forth across the park for you!

I also know exactly what you are talking about with people making you feel guilty about Disney trips. Its a crazy phenomenon where people act like you are addicted to something awfully terrible. I always just keep a smile on my face and remember that those people arent in my happy place! haha

Last edited:
Happy Monday Everyone!

I am off today, and enjoying 4 days off in a row with nothing to do!!! It has been glorious!!!

I just shifted our Skipper Canteen dinner reservation from 6:15 to 5:00. Our Skipper Canteen reservation is the day we are going to be doing the DAH Event. This day is really giving me a run for my money... I am just not sure what to do. So I need some advise!!!!

The Facts:
So, this day we need to check out of the Poly and check into Riverside.
As of now, I have Fast Passes for Animal Kingdom early afternoon:
  • Everest @ 12:20 - 1:30
  • Flight of Passage @ 1:30 - 2:30
  • And apparently Dinosaur @ 2:30 - 3:30!!!! - I def did not have this as a fast pass! Ugh.
I am going to do the early check-in for Riverside and put an earlier than 3 check in time. I know it's not guarenteed, but it can't hurt.
And we now have a dinner reservation at Skipper Canteen @ 5:00 PM

My Questions to you:
With staying DVC side, can we request a late check out? Can I do that before we check in, or only while we are there?
Part of me just wants to chill at the Poly and swim. Hence the question about a later check out.
But then I made the Animal Kingdom Fast Passes to get another ride on Flight of Passage and give us something to do between hotel rooms.

If we did Animal Kingdom, we could leave the Poly at 11-ish, (which would be when we would need to be out of the room) and head over to Animal Kingdom. Figure we get there by noon. That would give us time to eat counter service lunch, maybe ride a ride before FOP. Ride FOP and then head out no later than 3:00? I would probably like to leave closer to 2:00? Check into Riverside, relax from 3-5? Then head over, See, I already talked myself out of my 5:00

If we just hang at the Poly, even if we don't get a late check out, I can just keep a small bag with us with change of clothes. Just chill at the pool, grab lunch here, change and head from the Poly to Riverside when we get our notification that our room is ready. Chill some more and head out by 4:00 to get to Magic Kingdom.

That actually sounds better. But I guess it is good to have both as options, just in case it is too cold to swim that day.

What does everyone think?
I don’t know about Villas late check-out. They do tend to need those cleaned and turned around for the next guests. But even though you are staying in a DVC wing, you booked via Disney, so all their normal rules apply (housekeeping, etc), so maybe you’ll have better luck!

I would do 6:10 if you are doing AK. I feel with a 5, you will end up rushing to get in and out of Riverside, which isn’t fun before DAH! A 6:10 gives a bit more wiggle room. And everything at WDW usually ends up taking longer than expected!

I would also cancel the other 2 AK FPs if you think you won’t use them. Then once you scan in at FoP you can book 2 late afternoon/evening FPs for MK.

Hi Ariella! Just now joining in, super late to the party...Can't wait to hear how this trip turns out...:love:
I Jenny! Thanks for following along! Now that the holidays are over, I am getting excitied!

And for your MK day I would maybe suggest switching around Space Mtn and BTMR. Space and 7DMT are much closer and would prevent a lot of back and forth across the park for you!
I will see what I can do. Kari is going to be there the same time and was saying the things are already getting tight for Fast passes! Blek.

I would actually put your check in time as like 8AM. A cast member told me to do this one time no matter what time I was showing up! I would also keep the later reservation.
I will def do that! Good tip!

I would also cancel the other 2 AK FPs if you think you won’t use them. Then once you scan in at FoP you can book 2 late afternoon/evening FPs for MK.
You are so smart... I might still see what the deal is with my Primevil Whirl Fast Pass. They changed it on me, for sure. I don't know why, unless they are looking to have it down for refurb. Man, if that is the case Gwen is going to be pretty disapointed! Kali, PW, AND tomorrowland Speedway! Oye.

A 6:10 gives a bit more wiggle room. And everything at WDW usually ends up taking longer than expected!
That is def true! For sure!

Now, I am wondering if I should just forgo the Skipper Canteen reservation on that day all together. I could try to get a reservation for maybe lunch on our first day instead. That would free us up to really be able to go with the flow that day?

Great plans for this trip! For your DAH day I would do what Lesley suggested and just do one FP for FoP at AK then you can schedule two FP's early that night at MK. I think I would probably do that!

Also, glad to see you are doing the After Fireworks Dessert Party. We did it this past summer and LOVED it!!!!! So convenient and it worked out great for us.

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for all of your feedback on my DAH day. I decided to cancel the Skipper Canteen reservation on that day all together. I figure that way, we can do what we feel like doing on that day.

Instead, I made a Skipper Canteen reservation for our last day. I had a Plaza Restaurant lunch reservation this day, so I cancelled that and made a 1:30 lunch for SC instead. I have breakfast reservations at The Plaza that day at 8:00 AM. That will be our last day, which have turned into park open to park close days for us! I figure the Plaza breakfast will feul us up for the day. And then the later lunch will be a good time to sit down a rest our feet a bit.

I also, finally cancelled our Bon Voyage Breakfast. It was hard to do, but I know it will def be for the best.

I also customized all of our magic bands. Since we have 3 hotel reservations, we will be getting 3 magic bands a piece!

For our first stay @ Caribean Beach I did the following:
Andy: Red . - Andy 2019
Me: Purple . - Ariella19
Morgan: Blue . - Morgan19
Gwen: Pink . - Gwen 2019

Then when we switch over to the Poly I did the following:
Andy: Orange . - Ohana Dad
Me: Red - MahaloMom
Morgan: Yellow - Aloha Mo
Gwen: Purple - Hula Gwen
I am going to order some decals on Etsy (hopefully tonight) to put on these to make them more hawaiin looking. And I will leave these out on our moving day along with a note about switching hotels and maybe a lei or something.

And then our Last set is:
Andy: Gray . - Dad
Me: Green . - Mom
Morgan: Orange . - Big Sis
Gwen: Yellow . - Lil Sis

With ALL of these bands we will have one of every color!

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for all of your feedback on my DAH day. I decided to cancel the Skipper Canteen reservation on that day all together. I figure that way, we can do what we feel like doing on that day.

Instead, I made a Skipper Canteen reservation for our last day. I had a Plaza Restaurant lunch reservation this day, so I cancelled that and made a 1:30 lunch for SC instead. I have breakfast reservations at The Plaza that day at 8:00 AM. That will be our last day, which have turned into park open to park close days for us! I figure the Plaza breakfast will feul us up for the day. And then the later lunch will be a good time to sit down a rest our feet a bit.

I also, finally cancelled our Bon Voyage Breakfast. It was hard to do, but I know it will def be for the best.

I also customized all of our magic bands. Since we have 3 hotel reservations, we will be getting 3 magic bands a piece!

For our first stay @ Caribean Beach I did the following:
Andy: Red . - Andy 2019
Me: Purple . - Ariella19
Morgan: Blue . - Morgan19
Gwen: Pink . - Gwen 2019

Then when we switch over to the Poly I did the following:
Andy: Orange . - Ohana Dad
Me: Red - MahaloMom
Morgan: Yellow - Aloha Mo
Gwen: Purple - Hula Gwen
I am going to order some decals on Etsy (hopefully tonight) to put on these to make them more hawaiin looking. And I will leave these out on our moving day along with a note about switching hotels and maybe a lei or something.

And then our Last set is:
Andy: Gray . - Dad
Me: Green . - Mom
Morgan: Orange . - Big Sis
Gwen: Yellow . - Lil Sis

With ALL of these bands we will have one of every color!
And don't forget - after your trip, you'll also get the AP bands!

I had a Plaza Restaurant lunch reservation this day, so I cancelled that and made a 1:30 lunch for SC instead. I have breakfast reservations at The Plaza that day at 8:00 AM.

Hold on right there. The Plaza serves breakfast??? When did this happen? Has this always been the case? I feel like such a Disney failure right now. We love The Plaza for dinner it's so easy and the food is simpler than most sit downs which suits us really well. Putting this in the notes for a future trip. And I just found this item on the menu...now I'm hungry!

Lobster-Fried Green Tomato Eggs Benedict - Two-poached Eggs with Lobster on top of a Crispy-fried Green Tomato with Hollandaise Sauce and served with Breakfast Potatoes $18.00

I feel like one of the fun benefits to split stays is getting all of the different magic bands!

The decals are so fun! I actually copied the sparkly mickey head you got for the girls for my December trip and got so many compliments on it!

Cute idea customizing each set of magic bands differently!!
Thanks! I have to go order the decals now.

Hold on right there. The Plaza serves breakfast??? When did this happen? Has this always been the case? I feel like such a Disney failure right now. We love The Plaza for dinner it's so easy and the food is simpler than most sit downs which suits us really well. Putting this in the notes for a future trip. And I just found this item on the menu...now I'm hungry!

Lobster-Fried Green Tomato Eggs Benedict - Two-poached Eggs with Lobster on top of a Crispy-fried Green Tomato with Hollandaise Sauce and served with Breakfast Potatoes $18.00
That is exactly what I want to get!!!

The decals are so fun! I actually copied the sparkly mickey head you got for the girls for my December trip and got so many compliments on it!
I think I am going to order a couple new sparkly mickey heads as well. I mean I am already ordering stuff, right? I like the more subtle decorations.

The weekend before Christmas we had 2 family/friend parties to go to. And I spent ALOT of time trying "defend" our trips to Disney. It def felt like family just didn't get "it". And were even a little "mean" about it. After the 2nd party, I just came home and read some of everyones posts to drown them out! Ha!
I despise when people try to make me feel bad about going to Disney...especially when they've never experienced it themselves!

Maybe temper the excitement a bit. It's a new offering that was limited time only and I don't think there are ADRs past May(??). Not sure if they'll release more or if it's going away.

despise when people try to make me feel bad about going to Disney...especially when they've never experienced it themselves!
I know right! I mean there are plenty of families that go to the same beach and beach house every summer. People don't say to them, why don't you travel the world?

Maybe temper the excitement a bit. It's a new offering that was limited time only and I don't think there are ADRs past May(??). Not sure if they'll release more or if it's going away.
I would assume it depends on how full the place is for breakfast. Whether they continue with it.

Hi Everyone!!!!

So, I was busy this week with soe of the smaller planning things! I ordered my decals for our magic bands on etsy. I ordered pick a pearl cage necklaces for the girls to use in EPCOT. And a BUNCH of shirts for us. Andy almost fell over with the choices. I usually buy a few here and a few there, but since we 48 days away, I just wanted to get them ordered!

Speaking of which, how are we 48 days away?!?! I feel like it was just yesterday that I was still over 100 days away!

One minute I will be like 48 days is still far off, and then I think about it and it really isn't! (Hence the major buying spree)

Once I get everything, I will post the shirts and all of the Tinkerbell items.

I also put in a Touring Plans room request for a room at Caribbean Beach. We have a Perferred Room there, so we will def be in Martinique or Barbados. Which are the two "villages" closest to the main building. And I guess Martinique is slightly closer than Barbados. But Martinique is closer to the tower construction. So, I found a room on Touring Plans with the 5th sleeper in it (as Gwen loved that last time) in the Barbados section and requested that.

I don't think I am going to request anything at the Poly. We are staying in a DVC Studio and really anywhere on the property is fine with me. Plus we will be chilling more when there, so I am not worried about being near the monorail and stuff.

I do want to check out the rooms at Riverside next.

I know right! I mean there are plenty of families that go to the same beach and beach house every summer. People don't say to them, why don't you travel the world?

This is so true. Honestly, I've been to places in the world (Paris, London, Rome, Barcelona, Punta Cana, Hawaii) and Disney still always feels like home to me. The memories, the feelings, nothing beats Disney! I mean when you go all over the world you are still just a tourist in those places too so unless someone has like lived in another country they are really no different than we are in Disney! Plus, with the girls being so young, Disney is a MUCH better vacation for them than sitting on a beach for a week where they'd probably get bored or walking around churches and historical sites. Save that for when they are older and can really understand what they are looking at! (or just keep doing Disney! haha)

48 days is so soon! Probably a good idea just to get it all now so you don't have to worry about things not showing up on time!

So for Riverside if you don't mind a bit of a walk to the main area I would pick something in the manors. The pool is still close but the main lobby is just a bit farther. The nice thing (or maybe not nice thing) about riverside is that there are I think 4 bus depots so the bus stop will still be close no matter where you pick! The bayou to me isn't as fun and majestic looking as the manor area! But I think they do have the fifth sleeper so if thats important I think thats where you'll need to be!

Last edited:
So for Riverside if you don't mind a bit of a walk to the main area I would pick something in the manors. The pool is still close but the main lobby is just a bit farther. The nice thing (or maybe not nice thing) about riverside is that there are I think 4 bus depots so the bus stop will still be close no matter where you pick! The bayou to me isn't as fun and majestic looking as the manor area! But I think they do have the fifth sleeper so if thats important I think thats where you'll need to be!
We actually have a perferred room booked. So, I guess we won't be in that area. I do like the way those buildings look, but I think for the last portion of our trip, being closer will def be appriciated. I also took a look, I am not going to bother requesting a room as all of the perferred rooms seem all fairly close.

Hi Everyone!!!

I have some semi-news...

So, Andy's office has switched to unlimited vacation. So, he wants to get all of his time submitted now, Just to make sure he isn't denied later. So, this morning we were talking about our trips.

We picked a week for our August trip: great, we talked about the girls spring break week: great, our Adults only trip: check and our December trip: Awsome. The way it works out, I have 5 days to use for our adults only trip and whatever else we want to do.

So, if we use 2 days for our adult only trip, I have 3 left to burn. ANDY... ANDY says.... When is Morgan's birthday? I say it's on a Friday (May 3rd to be exact). Andy says... what if we go for a short trip for her birthday.. That could BE her gift.

Wait........ What???!?!?!

I say, well, yeah, that would be amazing...

Of course I have to go to work, and well work... I look up a few flights. We could get fairly cheap flights, perfect!

I look at hotels, and try to find something super cheap... And then I have to start working... blek...

And then I remembered that Gwen has her standardized testing then. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

So, I had Andy totally ready to pull the trigger on the trip but stupid school!

Now the test that Gwen would be taking then is the PARCC testing. It is actually not a reflection on her, it is used for the schools to gauge how the teachers are doing. Most of my teacher friends HATE it. It is not required and you can opt your child out of it. But I do find it a good tool to prepare your child for the standardized testing that WILL mean things to them. Like the SAT's and stuff.

So, we have 3 options:
A) The testing is 5 days, we could go as planned and have Gwen miss 1 or 2 of the testing days.
B) Give Morgan a gift to open on her birthday saying that we are going to Disney next weekend.
C) Just give up on the idea... :(

I so don't know what to do... If it was a test that would reflect on her placement next year, we would absolutely NOT go. But it feels more gray area...

Andy is on his way home now, I am sure we will talk about it after the girls go to bed. But any oppinions / suggestions are always welcome!!!!!

Now the test that Gwen would be taking then is the PARCC testing.

PARCC is presumably on it's way out in NJ. The governor says he's trying to phase it out, an appellate ruling just overturned it as a measure for high school graduation, the writing is on the wall. If your only concern is that, take her the heck out of school!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!