Added Trips! Now May, August, October & December!!! What?

So yes there could be a price hike on both APs and tickets. What you can do now is buy AP vouchers. You pay the current price and the vouchers stay in your account. They don’t become active until you actually visit for the first time using them. I don’t know the current expiration date but I think it’s like 2030.
Thanks Lesley! You are always a wealth of information! I am trying to read through the New Ticket System thread to see if there is talk about annual pass cost hike as well. I would really like to wait at least a month before buying 4 Annual Passes! I did look, it does say 2030 on it for expiration.

For your Feb trip you can call in and remove the tickets from the package. So they would become ticketless packages and you could keep the dining plan. And hey, maybe you then can add MK or Epcot for a few hours when you were planning no park days? Allow you more freedom with other days and also allow you to hop after you do afternoon breaks
So, if I have the 4 vouchers sitting in my account, will that allow me to still make fast passes?

Oh and you’d need to go to a Guest Services or ticket booth to get the physical AP card that you use for discounts. (Which again, you may want to check AP or TiW discounts with meals to see if that’s better than dining plan?)
I have to do some more "disney math" but I think it might make sense to just drop the dinning plan if we get annual passes and just get the TIW card. I have to think that will be better for us overall.

On another note, I got a code in the mail, I think I might be able to better at least part of our hotel reservations with that! I have to call but work has been busy and I can't do it at home with the girls listening.

So, if I have the 4 vouchers sitting in my account, will that allow me to still make fast passes?
Yes, that will let you make FPs. Just make sure you have the AP vouchers attached to your account before you cancel the tickets.

I am trying to read through the New Ticket System thread to see if there is talk about annual pass cost hike as well. I would really like to wait at least a month before buying 4 Annual Passes!
I don’t think we have an idea of cost increases and when, but it is definitely to be expected! They also tend to do AP increases in October or Feb.

On another note, I got a code in the mail, I think I might be able to better at least part of our hotel reservations with that! I have to call but work has been busy and I can't do it at home with the girls listening.
Ooh, exciting! I’ve never gotten one! Good luck!

But the good news?!?! I think I swayed Andy to do Annual Passes for all 4 of us starting on our Feb trip!!! We talked about doing the adults only trip again next year and invite 2 of our friends to come without there kids also. And I convinced Andy that our summer trip would be mostly swimming at the pool and going to the parks at night. And he really liked that idea.
Glad to hear your trip was good and even more excited for you on the Annual Pass front!!!! Not sure when you are thinking but we are probably going back in mid/late August right before our passes expire. Hopefully our paths would cross again.

Glad to hear your trip was good and even more excited for you on the Annual Pass front!!!! Not sure when you are thinking but we are probably going back in mid/late August right before our passes expire. Hopefully our paths would cross again.
That is probably about when we will go again. The girls have summer swim team all of July, so that is probably out. I like August too. It gives us something to look forward to, most of the summer. Plus Andy's sister and brother in-law always go in mid to late August. And I said it might be nice to overlap with them a couple days. We will see! I really want to book something now just as a place holder but we really don't know which week yet. So, I am trying to resist the urge.

Hello Everyone!!!

My brain has been going crazy lately! Between the prospect of multiple Disney Trips and the holidays that are approaching. Add in the Girls After School Schedule! My head hurts! Gwen is doing Gymnastics twice a week plus swim lessons once a week and Morgan is doing Junior Swim Team 3 times a week and I just signed her up for basketball! Oye! I hope I get them where they need to be!

My plan for the annual passes:
  • February 2019 Trip
  • August Summer Staycation Trip
  • October Adults Only Trip
  • February 2020 Trip

Some options to throw in there as well:
  • November/December Trip to see Christmas stuff.
  • Maybe a trip to do a DAH event
  • Or a trip to take advantage of an Annual Pass Event for Star Wars Land. (This one is a HUGE maybe as TSL happened After it opened but one can dream, right?)
  • I would love to throw a short trip in between Feb. & August

I plan to get my annual pass next month I think, and then Andy's the month after. Or maybe 2 in November and 2 in December? Andy wasn't loving the fact that I needed to buy them before we went.

Once I get that first annual pass, I think I am going to cancel Bon Voyage Breakfast. I def want to stay at Beach Club or Yacht Club for our August Staycation. And I just want to eat our way around the Boardwalk basically,
  • Bon Voyage Breakfast
  • Cape May Cafe Breakfast
  • Cape May Cafe Crab Dinner
  • Yachtsman Steak House
  • Beaches and Cream
(You get the idea....)

The August trip we might be able to overlap with Andy's sister and husband. Andy's sister is a music teacher, so they tend to go end of August. So, we were hoping we could overlap with them a bit.

October we are hoping 2 of our good friends will ditch there kids and come with us to food & wine next year. I told Andy, we could ask them, and if they come they come, if not, we can go ourselves and have fun!

And then of course, Feb. 2020 will probably will be all about Star Wars Land! Tollerating the crowds. Hopefully we will squeeze a trip or 2 extra in her, so by this time, we can just see what we see and go with the flow. You know?

Good Morning Everyone!

I feel like I have kind of abandoned the planning on this trip. But I am getting back on track! Yesterday, I finally sat down and looked at my hotel options. Disney sent one of those "special" coupon codes in the mail to me. Well, it is basically the Enchanted Special, but I did seem to have better luck punching the code in that just looking with the offer chosen. Not sure if they are basically the same discount but different inventory set aside?

Anyway! I was able to save us a little bit of money!

I was able to upgrade our 2 nights at the Polynesian. We were in a standard room and I was able to "upgrade" us to a DVC Studio room! It was only a savings of $55.63 but none the less a savings...

I was tempted to actually upgrade us to a Standard Club Level room. I want to say it was $50 more a night with the discount from the standard room rate we currently have. And I have to admit, as I type this I am tempted to still do it!

And then I switched our last 3 nights from French Quarter to Riverside in a Garden Room with the 5th sleeper.

I wanted to try Riverside at some point to compare it against French Quarter. So, this is perfect. Gwen loved sleeping on the pull down bed thing at Caribean Beach, so I am sure she will do that her. This saved us $107.55.

So a total savings of $163.21. Not too shabby.

Now, the whole purpose of this excersize was to try and see if I could move us from Pop Century to a moderate without costing more. It looked like I could get us at Caribbean Beach for less! And I figured we could give it a try now that the main dinning areas are back open again. And we do love that pool.

Problem is that part of the trip is booked as a package. So, I had to call to change it. Andy said he wasn't ready to 100% commit to annual pass plan, so I said that I didn't want to loose our tickets as they were the lower price. Well, I called and they said it would be more to switch to Caribbean beach. I tried to explain that I could see the rates online and she said that she can't because it's a package... ok....

It took the lady a long time to find my reservation, so I am not confident that she knew what we was talking about. But I do know that packages do work differently than room only reservations, so I didn't push it. i just said ok and ended the call. (nicely of course)

BUT I couldn't just let the $200 savings slip away, so I booked the room only rate last night. (shhh don't tell Andy) I figure the worst that happens is I cancel it before the change date. I am 90% sure we will go with annual passes. So, in which case, I will just cancel the package which I do think I need Andy to commit to next month.

Andy just mentioned doing the adults only trip again and I was talking up the idea of going in August and overlapping a couple days with his sister. I will get him there.

Good Morning Everyone!

I feel like I have kind of abandoned the planning on this trip. But I am getting back on track! Yesterday, I finally sat down and looked at my hotel options. Disney sent one of those "special" coupon codes in the mail to me. Well, it is basically the Enchanted Special, but I did seem to have better luck punching the code in that just looking with the offer chosen. Not sure if they are basically the same discount but different inventory set aside?

Anyway! I was able to save us a little bit of money!

I was able to upgrade our 2 nights at the Polynesian. We were in a standard room and I was able to "upgrade" us to a DVC Studio room! It was only a savings of $55.63 but none the less a savings...

I was tempted to actually upgrade us to a Standard Club Level room. I want to say it was $50 more a night with the discount from the standard room rate we currently have. And I have to admit, as I type this I am tempted to still do it!

And then I switched our last 3 nights from French Quarter to Riverside in a Garden Room with the 5th sleeper.

I wanted to try Riverside at some point to compare it against French Quarter. So, this is perfect. Gwen loved sleeping on the pull down bed thing at Caribean Beach, so I am sure she will do that her. This saved us $107.55.

So a total savings of $163.21. Not too shabby.

Now, the whole purpose of this excersize was to try and see if I could move us from Pop Century to a moderate without costing more. It looked like I could get us at Caribbean Beach for less! And I figured we could give it a try now that the main dinning areas are back open again. And we do love that pool.

Problem is that part of the trip is booked as a package. So, I had to call to change it. Andy said he wasn't ready to 100% commit to annual pass plan, so I said that I didn't want to loose our tickets as they were the lower price. Well, I called and they said it would be more to switch to Caribbean beach. I tried to explain that I could see the rates online and she said that she can't because it's a package... ok....

It took the lady a long time to find my reservation, so I am not confident that she knew what we was talking about. But I do know that packages do work differently than room only reservations, so I didn't push it. i just said ok and ended the call. (nicely of course)

BUT I couldn't just let the $200 savings slip away, so I booked the room only rate last night. (shhh don't tell Andy) I figure the worst that happens is I cancel it before the change date. I am 90% sure we will go with annual passes. So, in which case, I will just cancel the package which I do think I need Andy to commit to next month.

Andy just mentioned doing the adults only trip again and I was talking up the idea of going in August and overlapping a couple days with his sister. I will get him there.
Sounds good all around! I always am a proponent of trying new resorts and actually am somewhat interested in CBR. Probably not for any current upcoming stays but maybe a future one, after Skyliners are fully up and running! I figure just use Uber’s to get around the buses-the $15ish is worth my sanity

I am a terrible influence so I say... DO IT!!! You guys will definitely get $50 of value per day in the club lounge with having 4 of you. The breakfast was really good and hors douvres pretty good for what we were expecting. Beer in fridge after 12 for you and DH. The lounge view is gorgeous and at that price... no brainer! Please add me to your reservation I will fetch the beers :rotfl2:

Crappy pic of breakfast plate:
808F3A77-0136-4F1E-BCF5-414133487A06.jpeg

Good news on the $$$ and hotel changing front. Our plans for February are shifting now too though I haven't been able to figure them out fully yet. We're supposed to stay at Shades of Green for a really good rate, but on Friday we found out my best friend is bringing another friend with her. No way I'm putting 4 adults and Casey in a room for 4 nights but Shades is sold out and the only mod available with our military discount is CSR. It's still almost $500 more than we are currently paying and Jason has no desire to stay there. No idea what we are going to do so if one of those magical codes landed in my inbox I'd be a happy girl right about now :-)

I am a terrible influence so I say... DO IT!!! You guys will definitely get $50 of value per day in the club lounge with having 4 of you. The breakfast was really good and hors douvres pretty good for what we were expecting. Beer in fridge after 12 for you and DH. The lounge view is gorgeous and at that price... no brainer! Please add me to your reservation I will fetch the beers :rotfl2:
Yeah actually I’m going to echo @pepperandchips and say go for club level. Those nights you are planning resort time so you will be able to take full advantage of the lounge!
After reading yours and Lesley's comments, I checked this morning and the rate went up already. I will check again and see. I was thinking it would be a fun surprise for EVERYONE, not let any of the family know about it, if I did upgrade us.

No way I'm putting 4 adults and Casey in a room for 4 nights but Shades is sold out and the only mod available with our military discount is CSR. It's still almost $500 more than we are currently paying and Jason has no desire to stay there. No idea what we are going to do so if one of those magical codes landed in my inbox I'd be a happy girl right about now :-)
Oh no! I do get codes every once in awhile. I made a dummy account when my mom was coming with us for a day and I had no idea what I wanted to do, so i used that to make some extra dinning reservations. (that's this thing us crazy planners do!) But I only get them emailed to that email address, which is strange. Maybe because I don't use it ever.

I will say, spoiler alert to my adults only trip report... I would stay at Coronado again unless it was super cheap. It was fine, but I didn't love seeing convention center people walking around. It kind of took me out of the Disney bubble a bit, if that makes sense. It's not the end of the world but meh.

When do they release annual pass discounts? Are they ever any good?

I will say, spoiler alert to my adults only trip report... I would stay at Coronado again unless it was super cheap. It was fine, but I didn't love seeing convention center people walking around. It kind of took me out of the Disney bubble a bit, if that makes sense. It's not the end of the world but meh.

When do they release annual pass discounts? Are they ever any good?
Thanks good to know on CBR. Jason was concerned about the construction and I'm sure conventioneers on top of construction would not m make him happy.

I don't know when AP discounts come out. Probably in December but who knows. They are good, but not as good as the military and sadly those seem to be drying up.

Thanks good to know on CBR. Jason was concerned about the construction and I'm sure conventioneers on top of construction would not m make him happy.
Most of the construction was in the lobby area and the front. Which mostly effected that roll up to the hotel wow factor more than anything. We didn't hear any noise from our location. But we did see all of the construction workers coming in and out for the day. which isn't horrible but again, kind of takes you out of that bubble.

And then when we were there, the main pool was completely closed which was a bummer. I would hope it would be open by Feb.

You guys have stayed at a couple hotels with construction lately haven't you? You need a good non-construction visit! Good Luck figuring it out!

Hi Everyone!!!

So, I have started to really think about this trip again. (Did I already say that? ) But I was looking at our schedule and somehow I TOTALLY missed the fact that The Festival of Arts will still be going on for the beginning of our trip. For some reason I thought it was over the day before we came... I guess I was too distracted by the fact that we were missing Flower and Garden that I didn't notice! :confused3

Anyway! I am thinking of leave most of my plans as is and just have us head to EPCOT on Friday, the day we arrive instead of going to Disney Springs. As long we were are getting annual passes, the "extra" day doesn't matter! That way, we will have 2 EPCOT days, so maybe we can actually ride Frozen. The girls always want to do Test Track. And I can hopefully get another one of these:
Japan_Sushi
And for the record, if they have this again, there will be no sharing this time!

I was also toying with if need be, hit Hollywood Studios twice i wanted to get Slinky Dog Fast Passes for 2 times. Again, cause we will have park hopping with our annual passes.

Speaking of Annual Passes, I had Andy text his sister to just see if she would be interested in having a few overlap days. A few things came out of this:
A) Andy thought I was crazy planning that so far in advance, but turns out his sister already did a bounce back rate from there last trip.
B) Which means they already have a set time. Which is LATE August. Which isn't a deal breaker but it is later than we originally wanted to go in August.
C) His sister is a teacher, which is why they go in August. And she was saying how Morgan will be in 6th Grade next year and it will be harder and harder to take her out of school.

THIS gave me some serious anxiety!!!!! As our annual passes will bleed into 6th Grade. And I REALLY don't like going for less than a week. The trip just feels rushed. But I do think 6th grade is going to be a big adjustment for Morgan. But Morgan has always been an honor roll student, I always give the teachers ample notice on us going away and always make sure the girls do whatever homework the teachers give them.

I do think we can plan next years Feb trip over Presidents Weekend. It will be busier but she would miss less days that way. Someone please tell I am not crazy!?!?!

Andy is traveling alot with the new job, so I am trying to be low key on the whole annual pass thing, but I want to know for sure soon! I am trying to be patient. Sigh....

Ok, I need to finalize my daily plans a bit more, I still have 60 days till fast pass day BUT fast pass day is Christmas Eve and I know once Thanksgiving hits, I will have lots of other things to worry about, so I feel like I should try and nail it down by Thanksgiving. And people.... November is next week! How did that happen!?!?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter