Added one person- FP?

conandrob240

DIS Veteran
trip,in about 2 weeks. Just added someone. I had read on here that many times, the FP person at the ride will allow the extra person in. Experience with this? I know I can also stop at GS and ask them to map,them to ours but trying to understand all options. Last time this happened, we spent 45 minutes at guest services and they'd only do that one day.

I'd be very surprised if on anything but low crowd days the FP CM at popular rides (like 7DMT, Pan, FOP, Navi, TSMM, FEA (even TT, Soarin)) would let an extra person through FP. If you can't get it by refreshing (just search for the 1 person: often you can get an overlapping time - but if you search for all 4 (or so) people it won't find exact time for all 4) I'd definitely do GS before going all the way to the ride (if the extra person isn't ok with sitting out).

trip,in about 2 weeks. Just added someone. I had read on here that many times, the FP person at the ride will allow the extra person in. Experience with this? I know I can also stop at GS and ask them to map,them to ours but trying to understand all options. Last time this happened, we spent 45 minutes at guest services and they'd only do that one day.
You would have also read that they have not let anyone without a FP in. We would all agree your odds are drastically improved on Dumbo as opposed to FOP. I have never tried but have seen people being told 'everyone needs a FP'.

I would spend some quality time trying to modify those FP to add a person, and / or searching for single FP for times that will work with what you already have. I think the likelihood of you getting that extra person into most, or all of your FP+ rides without their own FP+ is pretty slim.

No, you may have read that but it's highly unlikely to happen. I'm sure you know by now you can't believe everything you read on the Internet.

You can however go in to all your FP and attempt to add 1 person and see what happens. Sometimes there is 1 more that can fit in your spots. You never know. Otherwise, I'd sit down and rearrange your plans if you want to do everything together or plan to someone to sit out if you don't. Of course, it never hurts to ask for 1 to come in with you but do NOT count or plan on it. Count on them saying no.

Never seen, read about or have experienced a guest without a FP+ who was able to use the FP+ line. In fact last year right before the GMR closed there was a glitch with my dd's MB and even though she did have a FP+ her band wasn't showing it. She was not waived through with us - we had to have the issue corrected and return to ride. I would not use this as a strategy!

I would try and add her/him to as many of your FP+selections as you can. Then for the ones you can not add them to - just keep trying for a party of one; any time that day; and then try and move the time to overlap yours. Worst case scenario I would talk to guest relations but not before I have tried everything i could to get those FP+ myself.

We did have that happen on Navi. My husband and I had fp for FOP and my mil and the kids had FP for Navi but when we got to the FP line they didn’t want to go in with grandma and the cm let us join them. (We didn’t ask to btw, we were all going to leave and the cm said no we could all go through.) I would never expect it though.

I would never expect it but it happened to us on FOP last week. My nieces friend joined us unexpectedly that day. They just asked as we entered and they let her. I was shocked. She was definitely prepared not to ride though.

I've added people on many times. Just make them their own FP where your time overlaps.

The ONLY times we've had that happen is when we had FPs for meeting a character (usually a princess) and they'd let us plus my mom in when I tried to give my mom my FP so she could see the kids meet the princesses. I've never seen/heard of it for a ride.

Don't count on anyone getting in a FP line that doesn't have a FP. Your best bet is to try to copy your fps to that person or find an overlapping time for them.

But don't count on them getting in without a FP and dont count on guest service just adding the fps to the extra person

I've had to modify FP+ before when I went with my husband, my best friend and her boyfriend. Her boyfriend then added his brother. (This was right when Pandora had just opened so I was scrambling to make sure we could all get on FOP). It was doable but we had to rearrange our FP + times which actually caused us to rearrange our original plans for the day but it was doable. I would consider something like this, modifying your existing FP to include the extra person or making separate FPs for the extra person and overlapping the times. I would try this rather than hoping a CM would let your additional person on each time.

We were at Epcot and showed up to Frozen for our FP time and there was a family in front of us holding up the line because all but one had an FP for the ride the CM was not budging and the family became super argumentative. This went on for 10 minutes and the FP line was so backed up behind us until the CM finally let us pass. I never saw that family in line behind us so I'm guessing the CM held strong. As others have said, try to find an FP for them during an overlapping time but do not count on the CM letting the extra person through. And if they say, be polite and understand they're doing their job don't hold up the line for the rest of us. You should be able to find a single FP during the times you have scheduled- check daily!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter