Add a guest to hotel room for a few days

sherbert22

Earning My Ears
I’m a hoping that a friend will be able to join my family and I on a trip to Disney for a few days this summer.

We have a two week reservation at AKL and my friend is hoping to join us for 3/4 days. She should be able to join our room, based on room occupancy.

I’ve seen on other posts that this can be done if you ask once you’ve checked in, but all these posts are from a while ago. I was also hoping someone would be able to let me know how much this costs?

Any advice would be great!

You can still add that person at check-in for the nights she will be joining you. If you already have two adults (18+) in your room, you will be subject to an extra person charge for each night she is there.

You can still add that person at check-in for the nights she will be joining you. If you already have two adults (18+) in your room, you will be subject to an extra person charge for each night she is there.

Thank You 😊

Our room is for 4 adults but we will only have three in it till she arrives. You don’t happen to know how much they charge per night for an additional person?

Thank You 😊

Our room is for 4 adults but we will only have three in it till she arrives. You don’t happen to know how much they charge per night for an additional person?
I believe its $35 per night at AKL, but its been over a year since I've done it, so hopefully someone else can confirm. If the third person in your room is also over age 18, he or she would also be subject to this charge for each night they are there.

I believe its $35 per night at AKL, but its been over a year since I've done it, so hopefully someone else can confirm. If the third person in your room is also over age 18, he or she would also be subject to this charge for each night they are there.

Thanks

Yes, we’ve done this and it wasn’t an issue. We called and spoke to someone in reservations, though, so it could get added on correctly. Everything was perfect when we got there! As stated above, the DDP can cause issues with this (everyone in a room is supposed to be on the same DDP), so make sure you sort that out as well.

We are on the Disney dining plan.

You having the dining plan is not an issue as long as the extra guest is ok with paying for her food out of pocket. The only way she can get the dining plan is if she's added to the reservation at least 3 days prior to arrival, which doesn't make a lot of sense since she will only be there 3-4 nights out of 2 weeks. If she's added to the package ahead of time, you will pay the extra adult fee for the whole 2 weeks, as well as the dining plan the whole time. By adding her at check in and her paying for her meals and park tickets, you will only pay the extra adult fee for the nights she's there.

If you have a Package Reservation, as you stated with having a Dining Plan, your friend will need to pay for each night for the Dining Plan, not just for when they are visiting. The Guest can not be added to a Package Reservation and not pay. Of course, you can speak to the Reservations/FD regarding this, but this is just off of personal experience. They can be added as a Day Guest, but that will cause issues with EMH potentially.

Hello,
I actually just called reservations yesterday about a similar situation for my family. My son and I will be at CBR in July and now my husband is able to come for part of the trip. The cast member said that this is okay because we do not have a DDP. If we did, he would have to be added to the entire stay for the package. Since we do not have a DDP, as long as we are checked in first, we can tell them at check-in that my husband will need to be added as a room guest. He will receive a gray magic band upon his check-in and he will be allowed to use DME. He will have to buy his own park tickets though. Hope this helps.

If you have a Package Reservation, as you stated with having a Dining Plan, your friend will need to pay for each night for the Dining Plan, not just for when they are visiting. The Guest can not be added to a Package Reservation and not pay.

This is incorrect. If a guest won't be there the entire time, that guest can be added at check in for just the nights he/she will be there. As I posted above, if the guest is added ahead of time, then that guest will be required to pay for the DDP for the entire stay; otherwise, he/she can be added to the room upon check in and pay OOP for meals.

My son and I will be at CBR in July and now my husband is able to come for part of the trip. The cast member said that this is okay because we do not have a DDP. If we did, he would have to be added to the entire stay for the package.

You were given incorrect information which, unfortunately, happens a lot with phone CMs. You would be able to add your husband even if you had the DDP. You would add him at check in for the nights he'd be there and he would just have to pay for his meals OOP, but you would still be able to add him without having to pay for the DDP for him.

Official word from Disney via email:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World®Resort!

Your Guest would be able to be added on when you arrive on property, however, they would not be included on the ticket or dining plan entitlements. They will be good to just enjoy the amenities of the Resort, and your company.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter