Activities

EmilyS92003

Mouseketeer
We are looking at our first trip to Aulani this summer! We are planning on July so I know a lot could change from now to then but I’m curious what is happening now. I checked the daily iwa and honestly what I’m seeing is nothing is happening. So I’m curious for anyone who has been there what is happening. I know the luau is starting up next week but I’m curious about other things
- when I looked yesterday on the app I saw character greetings every couple hours but now when I look they’re gone. Are they actually gone or is that just a glitch?
- I had read somewhere that they do movie nights occasionally and that seems like something that could be distanced properly. Is that happening or no?
- what about making Mickey ears or ukulele lessons? I had seen they had to go Mickey ears but I mean the in person ones.
- I had read somewhere that they did activities like sandcastle making. Again this seems like something that could be easily distanced.
- I heard they used to do a fire pit storytelling thing? Is that still around?
Basically what is there to do in the resort that’s not just hanging at the pools or on the beach (not that that’s a bad thing)
I really appreciate any advice or info anyone can share as I’m feeling extremely overwhelmed!

Character meet and greets were being held on stage on Halawai Lawn (where movie nights and luau were usually held). They might have changed location.

No movie nights yet. Also no Shake-A-Shaka Pool Party yet.

Making Mickey Ears is a to-go kit you pay for and pick up at Pau Hana room.

No ukulele lessons.

No firepit storytelling currently although I believe someone who visited said Uncle is around the pool area but not 100% sure.

Basically the activities are Make Your Own Mickey Ears and Menehune Adventure Trail (scavenger hunt done on iPad you pick up at Pau Hana room). The Painting with Light and Explore the Stars have been on the daily Iwa as an activity based on weather permitting.

To check out what is currently available and unavailable, go to the Aulani website and where it says Important Information about Aulani Resort, in the paragraph click on the orange highlighted View Important Details and it will take you to the Know Before You Go Page. You can scroll down towards the bottom where activities, recreation and open that up to see what is and isn't available. I recommended downloading the Aulani App and you can quickly see Know Before You Go (which will be updated accordingly as things open).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter