Activities for early arrival?

ultimatefans

DIS Veteran
Dreaming ahead to my stay at the Fort next summer. We purchased our flights, the cheapest was the *really* early flight, so we land at MCO at 7:45am. We're staying in the cabins, and I assume will have to wait before we have access. We have two teenagers and will be meeting another family traveling from a different city with a different arrival time. Any recommendations for morning activities at the Fort with sleep-deprived teenagers??? Debating adding an extra day of park tickets, but would prefer to relax at the Fort. Just not sure what to do without access to cabin/luggage. Thanks for any tips!

Dreaming ahead to my stay at the Fort next summer. We purchased our flights, the cheapest was the *really* early flight, so we land at MCO at 7:45am. We're staying in the cabins, and I assume will have to wait before we have access. We have two teenagers and will be meeting another family traveling from a different city with a different arrival time. Any recommendations for morning activities at the Fort with sleep-deprived teenagers??? Debating adding an extra day of park tickets, but would prefer to relax at the Fort. Just not sure what to do without access to cabin/luggage. Thanks for any tips!
Pack your swimsuits in your carry on bags so you can relax by the pool.
You can go to disney springs or the lodge or over to one of the monorail resorts for lunch.

ultimatefans,

It's my opinion (which is worth what you paid for it) that if you arrive early and aren't too picky about your loop or location (or even if you are) there is a good chance that you can get into a cabin when you arrive even if it is early.

You didn't mention if you were renting a car or using Disney Express but if you arrive after 605am, Disney will let you check into a unit of the level you reserved if you want it and one is available (as in nobody used it the previous night or if someone did, it has already been cleaned-prepped). This is true in the hotels on property as well. Those of us staying on campsites with trailers/rv's/tents sometimes moan and groan because there are often NO available sites available until someone leaves that morning and the Fort has the opportunity to clean and prep the site.

But the cabins are not booked quite as heavily as campsites (except maybe around holiday periods) so during a summer time stay you might be able to get into a cabin early and get some beauty sleep to make up for the early flight time. Again, if your not too picky as to location.

If you arrive early and they don't offer you a cabin, ask if any vacant cabin is available that wasn't used the previous night (nicely of course to the CM). I would be incredulous if the cabins were slap full on summer nights outside of Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day weekends.

I'll bet tiggerdad's bag of squirrel nuts that you could get a cabin early, get a nap, and be poolside after lunch. :cool2: Then you can text the other arriving family as to where to find you. :beach:

Bama Ed

Last edited:
ultimatefans,

It's my opinion (which is worth what you paid for it) that if you arrive early and aren't too picky about your loop or location (or even if you are) there is a good chance that you can get into a cabin when you arrive even if it is early.

You didn't mention if you were renting a car or using Disney Express but if you arrive after 605am, Disney will let you check into a unit of the level you reserved if you want it and one is available (as in nobody used it the previous night or if someone did, it has already been cleaned-prepped). This is true in the hotels on property as well. Those of us staying on campsites with trailers/rv's/tents sometimes moan and groan because there are often NO available sites available until someone leaves that morning and the Fort has the opportunity to clean and prep the site.

But the cabins are not booked quite as heavily as campsites (except maybe around holiday periods) so during a summer time stay you might be able to get into a cabin early and get some beauty sleep to make for the early flight time. Again, if your not too picky as to location.

If you arrive early and they don't offer you a cabin, ask if any vacant cabin is available that wasn't used the previous night (nicely of course to the CM). I would be incredulous if the cabins were slap full on summer nights outside of Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day weekends.

I'll bet tiggerdad's bag of squirrel nuts that you could get a cabin early, get a nap, and be poolside after lunch. :cool2: Then you can text the other arriving family as to where to find you. :beach:

Bama Ed

Well that would be perfect. :) We actually are arriving the weekend after 4th of July, so I wouldn't be surprised if we have to wait. We've only stayed at the Fort once before and our only non-park day was on July 4th, so we didn't do much relaxing. Looking forward to more down-time this trip. Just planning way ahead in preparation for our ADR day, trying to generally figure out where we will be when. It would be fantastic if we could get in the cabin early!! We shall see. We'll be arriving via Magical Express, so no car. Thanks so much for the response, I always appreciate your posts!

Ultimatefans You have received some great recommendations from both G719 and Bama Ed Having you swimming attire accessible in particular If you and the late arrivals in your party all want to be close to each other then maybe waiting for a cabin is something you will prefer to do. During the 80's and 90's I would be at the outpost at like 7am and only once did I have to wait for a cabin ( We went in Oct/Nov time frame back then)
You could have a great opportunity to explore the fort. Go have a late Breakfast at Trails End , check out the Barn, watch the pony rides your choices are as wide as the horizon you are willing to see

Ultimatefans You have received some great recommendations from both G719 and Bama Ed Having you swimming attire accessible in particular If you and the late arrivals in your party all want to be close to each other then maybe waiting for a cabin is something you will prefer to do. During the 80's and 90's I would be at the outpost at like 7am and only once did I have to wait for a cabin ( We went in Oct/Nov time frame back then)
You could have a great opportunity to explore the fort. Go have a late Breakfast at Trails End , check out the Barn, watch the pony rides your choices are as wide as the horizon you are willing to see
That all sounds great thank you! It's great hearing there is a good chance we can get right into our cabin, that would help a lot. We'll see. My one hesitation with swimming without cabin access is that we will not have towels as I don't want to pack them, but it might be so hot that towels wouldn't be necessary anyway.:sunny: Checking out the barn and visiting Trails End sound great, neither of which we've done before. I'm generally aware of what's available, but on our last Fort visit (in a pop-up) we were focused on the parks and didn't explore much so I was curious to hear what the experts would do in our situation. We'll just plan to relax at the Fort that morning, that's what I was leaning towards but wanted to get opinions on what that might look like. Thanks for the tips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter