• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Activities for a 12yo

Kajudy

Earning My Ears
Hi,

We just booked a 7night cruise on the Magic (Eastern) for Dec. 13-17. We have 2 Cat. 6 cabins for 2 adults and 4 kids ages 3, 5, 8, and 12. (Hoping the upgrade fairy will visit us!!). It will be our first ever cruise.

My 12yo is concerned that she will be bored and the activities will be "too babyish" for her. I honestly don't think that, but even after reading the list of activities on the website, she isn't too excited about the trip.

Any voices of experience out there???

Thanks!!

Karen

Karen,
I also have a DD12 and we are going on the magic 7/26. If your daughter would like it my DD can email her a trip report, maybe it will build some excitement. We are very lucky because on our 7/26 thread there are alot of 12y/o girls. They have been emailing each other and even sent pics of themselves. My DD is now excited to meet them.

They are at a tough ages...not old enough for alot (according to us) and too young for alot (so they think).

We just got back from the WOnder yesterday. My daughter is 12 and had a great time! However, she REFUSED to go to the club to do the activities with the 10-12 year olds. She wanted to go with the teens but they don't allow that. She did everything we did. Swam, snorkeled, rode the banana boats, danced at the deck parties, watched fireworks, had tropical drinks (non-alcoholic of course), went to the movies, watched the musicals, shopped and much more. It is a tough age but my daughter still loved it and didn't want to leave.

Kelly

hi - your daughter will have a great time - mine was 12 last octobder when we went & the only time she went into the club was when they were making the commercial/video - other than that she didn't stay there because the activites that we were doing she wanted to do - actually let your daughter look over some of the activities - my daughter wanted to do more but there were so many other things to do as a family she couldn't do more in the club - there's family games & if it's still there - right next to the promenade lounge was the internet cafe and she spent time there when we stopped to listen to the duo that was playing in the lounge - have a good trip

We sent our dd12 to the club the first night. She met another girl there and they hung out together alot during the sea days & at Castaway Cay. They went to the movies, and did some of the club activities. I'm really glad my dd met a friend, because it made it much more fun for her.

I wen't on DCL last January, when i was twelve, and i was concerned about the SAME EXACT THING. I went to check it out, and I had a blast! We're going on another one in November, and now my bro. will be twelve, and, OF COURSE, now he's worried about the same thing ! She should check it out. Chances are, there will be many other 12 yo there, and she'll have fun

--Andrew--

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter