Activating an AP voucher

drafthorsecrazy

DIS Veteran
For our 2007 trip we will be purchasing annual passes and hoping :goodvibes to get a decent AP discount for our campsite. When we arrive we will only have the vouchers in hand. All the guides clearly say that one must have an activated pass in hand to check in and get the discount. Anyone gotten lucky and were able to check in with only the voucher? If the actual ticket is an absolute must have.......how do you go about getting it before checking your RV into a campsite? I know they can be obtained at DTD as well as the parks. We are traveling with a 40 ft fiver and a semi tractor for a tow vehicle....so obviously we need someplace that would be easy to get in and out of??????? :thumbsup2

I've never had a problem checking in with un-activated passes. We've done it for years even though the rules state differently. I'd recommend taking your chances like we do ...... seems to hard to move that rig around and I think they'll understand.

We've never been asked for our AP when checking in. However, if it happens that you are, I've heard that they will check you in at rack rate and then you can come back with the activated pass and get the rate changed. I wouldn't sweat getting the AP activated early.

Have fun!

I remember reading that one of the visitor centers on the way down sells passes, i'll try and look to find which one for you.
Shayne

All you will need to check in is your voucher. They might ask you to stop back in later with your activated pass, but that is just a maybe. That might not even be required.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter