• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ACs on during day?

TCD ~ I work for an HVAC company and I discussed these posts with my service manager. He said that Dan B. should be (if he isn't already) an HVAC service technician because everything he said is exactly correct.
Perhaps he really IS a guru??? :thumbsup2

TCD ~ I work for an HVAC company and I discussed these posts with my service manager. He said that Dan B. should be (if he isn't already) an HVAC service technician because everything he said is exactly correct.
Perhaps he really IS a guru??? :thumbsup2

No Karla i am not a HVAC tech. I just know everything, just ask my dw she will tell you i know everything. LOL

Ok here goes, running it all day won't make it ice over. Just like at your house, running the a/c all day won't make it ice over. Usually a problem like low refrigerant, dirty evaporator coil, dirty filter. A bad thermostat could cause the problem also. Also running the thermo wide open and the fan on low could cause you a problem, but not likely. As long as your a/c is in good working order you should have no problem running it 24/7

while not an a/c guy, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express one night.

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2::thumbsup2

The older units without a freeze stat will freeze up if run on low with the thermostat set to low. The problem I see most causing freeze up is a leaking air box sending the cold air back into the return or an improperly installed freeze stat from the factory.
They throw these things together so fast that they fail to install things properly sometimes.

Oh no doubt ours will be on. We have a thermostat -we'll set it and it will go off if it gets to the right temp and come back on when needed. I will keep the fan on high since Shan brought up that subject- but that's one of the things I'm looking forward to staying in our camper- no housekeeping to come in and turn it off and have to return to a hot resort room! nope..... not this time! :)

We definitely leave ours on. Fan on low, temp at about 76 (lower if the pups are along). That keeps the chocolate bars for my S'mores from melting and makes it easy to quickly get the camper down to a comfortable temperature when we return. Coming back to a hot, humid, stuffy camper at the end of a day at the parks is not on my agenda.

That keeps the chocolate bars for my S'mores from melting ...

Chocolate bars for S'mores belong in the refer or even freezer. Frozen Hershey bars work great. The hot marshmallow will soften the bar, but it isn't the running mess that you get with a warmer bar.

We have a popup and don't leave the A/C on - when come back we crank up the air and a room fan and it cools down in about 20-30 minutes.

Now I'm wondering - How often should you get the A/C serviced?:confused3

We have a popup and don't leave the A/C on - when come back we crank up the air and a room fan and it cools down in about 20-30 minutes.

Now I'm wondering - How often should you get the A/C serviced?:confused3

I am with you we have a 12 year old pop up new to us 2 years ago. We have never had is serviced. I sure would hate for it to die on a trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter