• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Accurate walking times from HoJo or CCI?

Tinkaroo

DIS Veteran
I seem to consistently read that you can walk to the front gate of DL/DCA in about 7-10 minutes from the HoJo. Is this correct, and how far of a walk is it from the Candy Cane Inn?

I realize both have shuttle options, but we would likely prefer to walk. TIA!

I'd say it's about the same - as long as there are no exhasuted kids being towed along! It may be a little shorter - but It's been a while- so 7 minutes or so is a safe estimate.

I would agree that the walk to/from HOJO is 10 minutes or a little less depending on how fast you walk. We thought it was an easy walk, and we did it with our then four year old DS (on foot) and our then 1 year old DS (in a stroller.) :cool1:

The Candy Cane is a little further, but is still an easy, short 15 minute walk. And if you don't feel like walking one day, just take their PRIVATE shuttle. :Pinkbounc

We stayed at the HOJO last August pre-cruise. We loved it and thought the walk was an easy one - about 7 - 10 minutes is correct. We were fortunate to meet Willy, the manager, and he treated us and our entire group fabulously!

I posted this in my trip report, but we stayed at the Ramada Maingate. From the front of that hotel to security it took us 8.5 minutes. (I ran my stopwatch) The longest we waited was at the crosswalk right in front of Hojo.

I lived in NY, so I do tend to walk pretty fast, but my short wife kept up and we were pushing DD in a stroller.

Hope that helps.

Walk from CCI was about 10 minutes. We had no kids in tow...

Our room was in the very back of the hotel too.

We chose to walk to DL and take the shuttle from DL to the hotel.

I really liked the CCI. I even liked it better than the Sheraton!

We were just at the Candy Cane....it took the quicker walkers in our group about 7 min and the slower ones about 10. We had nobody under the age of 16 with us. It is not a bad walk at all but there is a very good, free shuttle if you are just too tired! :cloud9:

from the Hojo, 2 adults, an 8yo, and grandparents.

We crossed at the traffic light on the corner by Hojo and walked up the sidewalk on the DL side of Harbor.

We anticipated using the shuttle daily during our trip, but found the walk to be so pleasant that we walked every day.

I didn't know you could walk from the Candy Cane Inn. That's why I stayed at HoJos-I wanted to walk, not take the shuttle. Good exercise to justify all that eating. My only concern is-how safe do you think Candy Cane Inn is to walk to for a woman alone? I found that walking to HoJos, I was surrounded by other people also walking, if someone looked quickly, they might not even realize that I was alone. Is there much "company" walking to CCI?

Simba's Mom said:
I didn't know you could walk from the Candy Cane Inn. That's why I stayed at HoJos-I wanted to walk, not take the shuttle. Good exercise to justify all that eating. My only concern is-how safe do you think Candy Cane Inn is to walk to for a woman alone? I found that walking to HoJos, I was surrounded by other people also walking, if someone looked quickly, they might not even realize that I was alone. Is there much "company" walking to CCI?
I would feel safe. It's an easy walk--basically along the side edge of CA Adventure and then across Katella. You'll have company, since the Portofino, Jolly Roger, Hilton, West Coast Anaheim, and Desert Palm Inn are all in that direction. I actually think it's a nicer walk myself.

Here's a map to help. Although it's not on there, the Candy Cane is on the corner of Harbor and Katella, right next to the Jolly Roger.
www.accomodationsneardisney.com

Thanks. I'd love to see it, but somehow that link won't work.

Hi,

You don't even have to cross Katella, CCI is on the Disney side of both Harbour and Katella. :flower: We found that there were always people walking along the street towards the Candy Cane and the street is very well lit as it fronts CA park. I walked back to the CCI by myself quite late one evening and was not nervous at all....I acutally ended up talking to another woman who was also walking on her own. :earsgirl: Their website is www.candycaneinn.net if you want to take a peek.

We always stay in building 1, and it takes us 5-7 minutes to walk to Disneyland from the Hojo. We are young, and pretty quick though...no children. :)

I agree, Willie is fabulous! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter