Accomodation for repeat measuring of child?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it is time to make the hight requirements higher.

Because unfortaionly people try to make their kids taller by butting. things in there show.

and also kids with curly hair, or other things that will touch the bare before the kids head will the CM must make sure it is the kids head that touches the bare and this might mean the CM touches the child.

and we live in a society where we will sue someone or make threats to someone for trying to make sure our kids are safe on a ride.

OP if any CM want to messer your child I would let them know that your child does not like to be touched by strangers ( and do this before they messer your child. if the CM is unsure then I would show them ( I do not know your child but if they have curly hair you might have to touch your child's head and show them). Also, teach your child to stand up straight and touch there head on the bar

In hundreds of visits to DL with 3 kids over 13 years I can’t recall a single time a CM actually put a hand on my kids to measure them. I would have definitely said something, that is completely unnecessary. If the child can’t stand up straight and reach the bar on their own then they aren’t tall enough.

I will say though, I also err on the side of caution and don’t try to stretch my kids into rides they are questionable for, and I cringe when I see people doing it. If she’s not measuring the full 44” or wherever it is barefoot at home with a measuring tape, then we aren’t even going to get in line with her. Those height limits are for their safety and the safety of other guests around them. It’s not worth it.

For example, that poor kid who was decapitated on a water slide as he was under the weight requirement... These rules are in place for the best interest of our children.

I know this has already been said but you need to be your child’s voice. If it were me, I would say to the CM as we approached, “Can you measure her without touching her? She will freak out.” Simple. My son is very sensitive to light so when someone takes his picture (more so in the past when people used flashes more) I would say, “No flash please, he’s sensitive to light”. Simple.

I get it. My son has had some sort of a dairy allergy since he was born, special formula and all. I blame myself for it because I have sort of a dairy allergy (I can handle small amounts of cheese or boiled milk in recipes). But I didn't know what my son was dealing with until he was slightly over a year old and he had a bad reaction that resulted in him (basically actually in like a terrible-2's toddler and lashing out full blown, hitting, screaming, full toddler melt down) and slightly later he just about passed out on me which is what made me realize something was wrong. Later I figured out what caused it. Because he was always so sweet and cuddly but we didn't fully realize that his allergy was worse than mine in that it actually caused him physical pain.

I will also saythat DS has always been more sensitive around strangers. Granted, he is young, so the only ride he had to be measured for is Barnstormer, but I told the guard as he stood under the stick that he didn't like to be touched, and the guard had no problem with it. Towards the end of the night, he wasn't standing straight and hitting the top of the stick. It became a problem (sort of) there but by that point, DS was done so even through the CM offered to try to help him stand taller, I declined, and it all worked out.

I know this has already been said but you need to be your child’s voice. If it were me, I would say to the CM as we approached, “Can you measure her without touching her? She will freak out.” Simple. My son is very sensitive to light so when someone takes his picture (more so in the past when people used flashes more) I would say, “No flash please, he’s sensitive to light”. Simple.
only problem can come if child is close in that and I have seen done CM will try to put piece of paper between bar and child's head so they can touch the child so just say too close to tell without touching. this was usually at second measure when I have seen and stopped a child from riding more than once after standing in line not sure how a child would handle getting to ride and not be able to ride after all that time waiting because you said please do not touch my child as s/he does not like strangers touching. it is different than flash pictures as it is a safety thing if it is that close. plus if you make an exception for one child and the parent behind you sees and complains when you do not do to one child and theirs gets it

You can carry on of those fabric roll tape measures and you measure him in front of the cast member.

CM's have to use THEIR measuring device, not something that you pulled out of your bag and could have potentially marked incorrectly ;) Safety first!

A tape measure is not something you mark on your own. It a tape measure, it comes already marked.

Going to close this.
To summarize:
WDW doesn’t have any accommodations to avoid measuring and guests need to use the measuring sticks at the attractions.

The height requirements are available on line, on park maps and on signs and measuring sticks at attractions. Guests can use the measuring sticks to practice.

If the child is well over the height requirement for that attraction, they probably won’t be measured at all for that one. If the child is close, they will probably be measured at the entrance and again before boarding.

There are only a few attractions with a height requirement over 40 inches.

It is not likely that the child will be touched by a CM, but it can happen and is more likely if the child is close to the height. You can (and should) tell the CM if your child doesn’t like to be touched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!