Accessible rooms w/ roll in showers at Pop Century

MLC2002

Mouseketeer
I'm looking at accessible rooms with roll in showers at Pop Century. I'm told that the refurbished accessible rooms with roll-in showers will all offer 1 Q & 1Q pull down/table bed. I'm comparing the costs of standard view vs preferred view (I'm not interested in pool view). Can anyone tell me which buildings have rooms with roll in showers in the standard category and which buildings have rooms with roll in showers in the preferred category? I've spoken to WDW reservations and to Guest Services at Pop, but haven't gotten a clear answer. I don't want to pay the extra money for preferred if not necessary for someone in a power wheelchair. Thank you!!

There are king rooms with roll-in shower as well as the 2 queens. Depends on your party-size. There is a B-I-G thread on the Resorts Forum that was tracking the refurbishments; it has a map in post #2 that shows which buildings/wings are preferred vs standard. I believe “preferred view” actually pertains more to location than view; the rooms will be closer to Everything Pop! than the “standard” rooms. “Preferred pool view” rooms are also close but will have a pool view (I believe all front on the Hippy Dippy Pool).

Enjoy your vacation!

I'm looking at accessible rooms with roll in showers at Pop Century. I'm told that the refurbished accessible rooms with roll-in showers will all offer 1 Q & 1Q pull down/table bed. I'm comparing the costs of standard view vs preferred view (I'm not interested in pool view). Can anyone tell me which buildings have rooms with roll in showers in the standard category and which buildings have rooms with roll in showers in the preferred category? I've spoken to WDW reservations and to Guest Services at Pop, but haven't gotten a clear answer. I don't want to pay the extra money for preferred if not necessary for someone in a power wheelchair. Thank you!!

Here is the thread, post #2: https://www.disboards.com/threads/pop-century-room-renovations.3573071/

I believe that map also indicates which buildings have HA rooms. I think some more were added during the renovations, but I don’t know if they are in the same or different buildings than what is already noted.

I can't tell you which rooms are roll-in shower with two queen beds with one being a Murphy/table bed. I stayed in Pop Century Room #0203 and here is a link to some photos and info that I took:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...ll-in-shower-room-review-with-photos.3692568/

The older map may be outdated. https://www.disboards.com/threads/pop-century-room-renovations.3573071/ At least for my room. The 03 room on the map shows a king room roll-in shower. That is not true for room 0203 of building #10. I don't know how many more rooms may be different.

My room 0203 also had a flush entrance instead of the recessed door entrance like all of the other standard rooms. The staff said this allowed more space in the room.

I use Touring Plans website and I even had to correct their information for room 0203.

So, there may be some changes in different rooms.

Last edited:
Can't help with the specifics but special needs reservations should be able to give those answers.

Comparing a preferred room to a standard involves being closer to the food court and the front desk and bus transportation. Having a power chair that may not be worth the up charge. Closer does mean you save a little time, too with the above.

Can anyone tell me which buildings have rooms with roll in showers in the standard category and which buildings have rooms with roll in showers in the preferred category?

I’m not sure anyone (other than WDW) has that answer, and unfortunately the phone CMs aren’t likely to know either. I believe rooms changed somewhat with the recent renovations, plus more accessible rooms appear to have been added. Also, many of the “regular” rooms now have showers instead of tubs, if an accessible path through the room is not required. I believe “preferred” rooms are in buildings 1, 4, 5, 6 and 7 and that doesn’t change. The Disability phone line may be able to tell you more.

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!