Accessible Rooms at POFQ??

clkelley

<font color=purple>I squealed really loud!!<br><fo
We are booked at POFQ in two weeks.

We had not booked an accesible room initially because we needed two double beds. (Two adults, two teenagers)

Hubby has a bad knee and uses an ECV at WDW and we have a shower with a low threshold at home so getting into the tub is not a problem at home.

His knee is getting worse and I was concerned about the tub at POFQ.

I had read the thread on them giving you two rooms if you needed an accesible room and they only had Kings.

I called CRO today to see about changing our reservation to an accessible room with a walk/roll-in shower to help hubby out with his knee and to also give us the second room to have more room for the ECV and a larger bed, 2nd room for the boys.

They did say they had one available and changed our reservation.

I asked several times if the room had two doubles and they said yes.

I'm hoping I didn't just totally mess things up.

I'm afraid one of two things is going to happen:

1 - We get there and it's a King Room and they have no other availability to get us a connecting room for the boys.

2 - It's an accessible room with two doubles and is smaller due to the roll/walk-in shower and there is no room to park the ECV.

So - Has anyone seen the new accessible rooms at POFQ???

Can anyone calm my fears???

Thanks,

Carol

I have been going round and round on this subject also.

POFQ I was told now has Accissable rooms with 2 double beds. I guess that is to cut down on all the "free" rooms they have to give up to accommidate 4 people in an accessible room.

I am also wondering this myself. We will be really cramped in there, we have 8 total with 2 rooms. will need 2 roll aways. I am not having my DD3 sleep in same bed as BIL.

Also DD can not sleep with sister, one moves too much, and needs her own space.

I am still debating on POFQ or changing to WL. have to see what type if AP rates come out for DEC.

I will be intrested to hear how the room is configured from you when you get back. Please let us know.

I called last night to change something on my res. Special services called me back this morning. (they were closed when I called)
Very nice CM- changed resorts for us. (we are doing a Grand gathering so it takes a few extra steps)

I was told that fully accessible rooms at POFQ have king beds. These are the rooms with the roll-in shower.

Hope this helps.

I switched to all stars- kids voted. it was also half the cost for Dec.

We just got back.

We had an accessible room with two double beds, except that it was a standard tub with grab bars.

The only other difference was there was a door in between the room and the bathroom instead of a curtain and there was no door in between the sinks and the toilet area.

The sinks were not pedastal sinks. There was a large counter with two sinks.

I'm sending pictures to Deb Wills, so hopefully they will be on All Ears.net soon.

Carol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter