"Accessible Room"

TweedleDee/Dum

Mouseketeer
I had requested to be on a wait list for a concierge room.I got a call yesterday that a room had become available. However, it is a handicap accessible room. My question is, what happens if someone actually needs this room? Thankful for the upgrade, but I don't want to be in a room that someone may need.

There have been other posts recently on this very issue. Basically, you can refuse the upgrade with hopes that a non-accessible concierge stateroom becomes available. But DCL won't necessarily keep the stateroom open and waiting in the event another guest wants/needs and H/A room; if you decline the upgrade they'll offer it to the next person on the wait-list. There are very limited concierge staterooms that are H/A. You don't mention (or I missed) how far out your cruise is, but it's possible that DCL doesn't feel at this point it's worth holding that stateroom any longer.

There have been other posts recently on this very issue. Basically, you can refuse the upgrade with hopes that a non-accessible concierge stateroom becomes available. But DCL won't necessarily keep the stateroom open and waiting in the event another guest wants/needs and H/A room; if you decline the upgrade they'll offer it to the next person on the wait-list. There are very limited concierge staterooms that are H/A. You don't mention (or I missed) how far out your cruise is, but it's possible that DCL doesn't feel at this point it's worth holding that stateroom any longer.

Our cruise is not until the end of March. I am ok with being in this room as long as no one else needs it!! I was just curious as to what they would do if the situation was to arise and someone actually needed it.

Our cruise is not until the end of March. I am ok with being in this room as long as no one else needs it!! I was just curious as to what they would do if the situation was to arise and someone actually needed it.

Someone can wait-list for an accessible room, but they will not bump you from it to give to someone else, especially at concierge level. Unless booking a GTY or *GT where you allow DCL to choose your stateroom, basically staterooms are first-come/first-served and once assigned not likely to be changed (yes, at lower levels there is possibility to be given an upgrade to another stateroom category if DCL decides to, but not going to happen to concierge). Unfortunately, many reservations may not actually indicate what the passenger's need is regarding H/A or whether a passenger in that party really "needs" the H/A room, so DCL would have to way to know.

You can either take the upgrade and feel comfortable with the idea that DCL assigned it to you, or you can decline because you don't want the H/A room. Unfortunately, there's no way to guarantee that a passenger who needs H/A will get the room if you decline, or if you accept no way to know that it wouldn't exclude such a passenger who tries to book next week.

Someone can wait-list for an accessible room, but they will not bump you from it to give to someone else, especially at concierge level. Unless booking a GTY or *GT where you allow DCL to choose your stateroom, basically staterooms are first-come/first-served and once assigned not likely to be changed (yes, at lower levels there is possibility to be given an upgrade to another stateroom category if DCL decides to, but not going to happen to concierge). Unfortunately, many reservations may not actually indicate what the passenger's need is regarding H/A or whether a passenger in that party really "needs" the H/A room, so DCL would have to way to know.

You can either take the upgrade and feel comfortable with the idea that DCL assigned it to you, or you can decline because you don't want the H/A room. Unfortunately, there's no way to guarantee that a passenger who needs H/A will get the room if you decline, or if you accept no way to know that it wouldn't exclude such a passenger who tries to book next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter