• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Accessible room at CSR?

Juliah

DIS Veteran
We are going to a conference at CSR. Both our DDs use power chairs, and we need an accessible room with a roll-in shower. It would be extremely helpful for the room to be near the conference sessions so we could get back to the room quickly and easily for breaks.

Has anyone stayed in a room with roll-in shower that is close to the conference center? If so, would you please let me know what section and building the room was in? I assume there's no guarantee on the exact building, but I would like to at least make the request.

Thanks!

We stayed in Cabanas 9a on our last trip and it was VERY close. It had a roll-in shower. The view was awesome too!!

are there accessible rooms in every type of building at CSR (i.e. rancho/casita/cabana) or are they all in one place?

are there accessible rooms in every type of building at CSR (i.e. rancho/casita/cabana) or are they all in one place?
We've been in cabanas and casitas and both had accessible rooms with walk-in showers. Haven't stayed in ranchos yet.

Because it was built so recently, there should be accessible rooms in every section.

There are plenty of hotels built recently that puts the accessible rooms all in one section, as if people with disabilities don't like a good view.

I made our resort reservation and was told we were booked into an accessible room with a roll-in shower. I got an email confirmation, which notes my request for a non-smoking room, but there is no mention of it being for a wheelchair accessible room. Is that how the confirmations usually look? Or should I be concerned that there's a problem with the reservation?

I made our resort reservation and was told we were booked into an accessible room with a roll-in shower. I got an email confirmation, which notes my request for a non-smoking room, but there is no mention of it being for a wheelchair accessible room. Is that how the confirmations usually look? Or should I be concerned that there's a problem with the reservation?

*looking at an old confirmation*

Here's what it looks like:
Coronado Springs-King
Special Request- Special Needs (blech!)
Special Request: Request Non-smoking
Please Note: With Roll-in Shower
Please Note: Special Needs Guest Needs A RM (Whatever that is)

Mind you this is our confirmation that came in the mail, not e-mail. We do our reservations on the phone and speak with special services.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, Lindsay! I went ahead and called, and the person I talked to called Special and confirmed we are guaranteed a roll-in shower room. I asked why it didn't say so on our reservation confirmation, and she said it's because there aren't enough lines on the form to put all the requests down. That seems like a strange explanation because the only other request listed was for a non-smoking room; there wasn't room for two requests?? And they left off the one that's guaranteed??

Oh well, I think it's going to be ok, so I guess that's what counts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter