Accessible minibus

carlins_leap

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

I was hoping someone may be able to help with yet another question we have in preparing for our Halloween trip :confused:

I was reading the accessibility info on the DLP website and came across some information re: an accessible minibus.
The information is that if a guest uses a wheelchair, they can request a minibus to/from the park.

Our youngest Princess can't walk yet and uses a specially adapted pram.
Its not the sort of pram that can be folded with any ease and in 2 parts, it would need 2 people to carry it, so access to buses when its busy can be hard work.

Getting to the park is never normally an issue - the hotel has railings with openings where the bus doors normally are. We are patient "queuers", so it's normally only waiting a max of one bus trip before you are at the front of the queue.

But getting back from the parks has always been a bit arduous with people clambering for a space on the bus without wanting to queue....so this service sounds like it could be quite useful.

If anyone has used this service, I would really appreciate any info on it please.

Thanks
Steve

Hi Steve - no experience though also interested in finding out about this. My sister will be using a wheelchair on our trip in December and while I'm perfectly able and happy to push her from A to B it's good to have a plan B in case something goes wrong.

My worst nightmare would be falling and putting myself out of action while away on my own with my sister. :scared1:

Hi
We have used this service with our son, though not for a while. All we had to do was request the service at reception and a specially adapted mini bus picked us up from the hotel and took us to the park end of the disabled car park which is very close to the east-side park entrance. When we wanted to return we would again request it from City Hall.
Hope this helps. :goodvibes

Hi
We have used this service with our son, though not for a while. All we had to do was request the service at reception and a specially adapted mini bus picked us up from the hotel and took us to the park end of the disabled car park which is very close to the east-side park entrance. When we wanted to return we would again request it from City Hall.
Hope this helps. :goodvibes

Thanks for this :)
I'm not sure we'll use this service, but we're just a little apprehensive about how busy it is going to be for Halloween.

If the buses back from the parks are crazy, we may give it a try.
Not sure about the entrance you mentioned though - is it near the main entrance?

Not sure about the entrance you mentioned though - is it near the main entrance?

Yes, the main entrance is under the Disneyland Hotel but there are exterior entrances to either side too. By taking the right-hand pathway (east) you will pass the entrance to the DLH on your right, go under the hotel passageway linking this east wing to the main building and pass Donald's Bureau on your left. Keep going straight ahead towards the green awning of "Relations Visiteurs" and the East park entrance turnstiles are just to the left of this (and Salon Mickey's discreet door). If you were to turn right instead when facing guest relations you would reach the disabled car park down a short pathway.

Link to small drawing (not mine) showing main entrance under DLH, east wing of DLH connected by passageway, Relations Visiteurs desks and the turnstiles to either side of the main building. In the case you are interested in, to the left of guest relations:

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/...EwxLf3gk4ZH0q3PpfUFN4Ur4lWxHlqG3wpavaUZcZVq5g

Hope I haven't overcomplicated it! :goodvibes

Yes, the main entrance is under the Disneyland Hotel but there are exterior entrances to either side too. By taking the right-hand pathway (east) you will pass the entrance to the DLH on your right, go under the hotel passageway linking this east wing to the main building and pass Donald's Bureau on your left. Keep going straight ahead towards the green awning of "Relations Visiteurs" and the East park entrance turnstiles are just to the left of this (and Salon Mickey's discreet door). If you were to turn right instead when facing guest relations you would reach the disabled car park down a short pathway.

Link to small drawing (not mine) showing main entrance under DLH, east wing of DLH connected by passageway, Relations Visiteurs desks and the turnstiles to either side of the main building. In the case you are interested in, to the left of guest relations:

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/...EwxLf3gk4ZH0q3PpfUFN4Ur4lWxHlqG3wpavaUZcZVq5g

Hope I haven't overcomplicated it! :goodvibes

Not at all - I sometimes need lots of pointers!!!
This has been really helpful - thanks :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter