About to book first RC cruise - need help

Garyjames220

DIS Veteran
Hey

We were booked on the Disney fantasy next year in sept for our third Disney cruise

But it just keeps adding up and up and it's working out to much for us

So we were thinking of doing the independent of the seas for 6 nights around France and Spain and that would be on my actual 30th bday or the 10 night cruise around canaries at end of oct on navagitor but bit of a late bday cruise and again is adding up a bit for us.

Got a few questions like

What's weather like on August one

What cruise would u pick and does it go across the bay of biscay? Is that really rough normally in August or October, herd bad things about it lol

It includes a premium drinks package. Can we More less get anything then

We are a couple in our late 20S and just us going. Do U think we will enjoy it as much as Disney

Is food and stuff to do as good

Any other wee tips I would love to no

Bit gutted am not going with dcl but at least it's something different I guess

I do like the the fact I would be on the ship on my 30th as I probley wouldn't do much on the day if I picked a later cruise

Last edited:
If you live in the States, and will be flying to Europe just for the cruise, then I'd do the 10 night on Navigator in October. The airfare will be lower, and the weather will be better. August will be hot in France and Spain! And that's a long way to fly for a 6 night cruise. The ships are pretty similar, Independence is just a larger version of Navigator - especially now that Navigator has a Flow Rider. There are plenty of activities onboard, and I think the food is actually better than Disney. And I live the ability to just go to the buffet after a long day ashore. European cruises can be exhaustig because there's so much to see on land!

If you live in the States, and will be flying to Europe just for the cruise, then I'd do the 10 night on Navigator in October. The airfare will be lower, and the weather will be better. August will be hot in France and Spain! And that's a long way to fly for a 6 night cruise. The ships are pretty similar, Independence is just a larger version of Navigator - especially now that Navigator has a Flow Rider. There are plenty of activities onboard, and I think the food is actually better than Disney. And I live the ability to just go to the buffet after a long day ashore. European cruises can be exhaustig because there's so much to see on land!

Forgot to say we are from UK so then 6 night one is just on our door step
Really

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter