? about Fl resident & AP discounts

tmarquez

DIS Veteran
I have read multiple times about the necessity of calling as soon as codes are released to ensure these discounts and that they are good for Sunday thru Thursday check-ins. As a spur of the moment thing, we decided to try to get a dicounted rate for tomorrow night (Saturday 4/9), to my surprise, almost every resort was available at these rates except some of the moderates. I've also read alot about how many mistakes the reservationists make...so...did she mess up or am I just lucky?

BYW, I decided on Pop Century because I didn't think I'd actually get a room and wasn't really planning on spending the money :earboy2: plus I've never stayed at that hotel!

I'm sure she didn't make a mistake.People want to call early so that they MAKE SURE to get what they want. That doesn't mean that those discounts are not still available.

tmarquez said:
I have read multiple times about the necessity of calling as soon as codes are released to ensure these discounts and that they are good for Sunday thru Thursday check-ins. As a spur of the moment thing, we decided to try to get a dicounted rate for tomorrow night (Saturday 4/9), to my surprise, almost every resort was available at these rates except some of the moderates. I've also read alot about how many mistakes the reservationists make...so...did she mess up or am I just lucky?

BYW, I decided on Pop Century because I didn't think I'd actually get a room and wasn't really planning on spending the money :earboy2: plus I've never stayed at that hotel!

We have an AP rate for a Friday arrival.

Elise

I was unable to get a AP or Fla Rate for our trip may 6-8th but with the celebration kick off it may be due to that not because its a weekend :confused3

mamapajama said:
We have an AP rate for a Friday arrival.

Elise

Me too. I'm checking in on a Friday twice. I check into POP Friday May 13th, spend two nights, then transfer over to BWV for five nights, then back into POP Friday May 20th for two more nights. I'm renting DVC points for BWV, but got all four nights at POP with an AP discount.

With calling for seriously last minute travel like that sometimes it actually HELPS your chances of getting a discount. If they have 40 rooms available at each resort it's not necissarily likely that they will sell them all in the next couple of days so they may as well discount them to keep you from saying "well, we can stay cheaper offsite..."

Isn't it great? We do it all the time. We call on the day before or day of and generally get resident rates at a wide variety of choices. Even when it appeared nothing was available just days before.

In other instances we book whatever we can at the resident rate to make sure we have a place. Then, as the day of arrival approaches, we try and switch. Rarely have we not been able to do so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter