About fastpasses?

tallym

Mouseketeer
Can anyone explain to me about fastpasses?
When I get to the park ,say at 9am do I go straight to a fast pass ride say Peter pan and Then what?
Is there a different que to collect a Fp? Is this q normally long?
If I get one and 9am will it give me a time slot of an hour later or so?
Also what do people mean when they say the fast passes have "ran out " by lunchtime. IF you have a Fp can you still use it after they have all been allocated?
Phewww...Confused? Iam! :confused3

When you approch a fast pass ride you will see a fastpass tent like structure. There is a digital display that shows you the time slot offered for the ride. You go up to the area where the line is usually very short and insert your disney passport into a machine which will spit out the fast pass. Fast pass time slots are issued with a boarding time as late as about 530 pm. However, you could go to say Peter Pan at 11 am and get a 4:30pm boarding time. By noon all of the boarding times are usually gone for Peter Pan so they close the fast pass machines.

Peter Pan is the most popular and runs out first. I usually have a season pass and have been able to get multiple fast passes so I go around to all the FP rides first and grab tickets. I have read that you can only have one FP at a time for standard entrance tickets but cant confirm that. Maybe someone else can.

Yes, normally you can only hold one Fastpass at a time although you can get another one (for the same or another ride with Fastpass) 2 hours after getting the first one if you haven't used it yet (because sometimes, as MorganB says, it can be hours before your timeslot comes around if it's a busy day and a popular ride), or at any time after the time slot on your first Fastpass starts eg: if you have a Fastpass for say 11.30 - 12.30 you can collect another Fastpass any time from 11.30 onwards even if you haven't used the first one yet. Once you have a Fastpass you can use it any time within the time slot it gives you even if they are not giving out any more Fastpasses because they've filled all the timeslots. I hope that makes sense!!! :)

It's been explained perfectly above. The only thing I'd add is that they're pretty strict about not using your Fast Pass until the beginning of your allotted time slot. But if you miss your time slot (like if lunch is longer than you expected, that kind of thing), they're very forgiving about that. For example, I've never had a probably using a Fast Pass that was good for 11-12AM at 3PM, that kind of thing. But forget about using an 11-12AM Fast Pass at 10:59, must be 11AM.

Thanks so much, this is all really helpful! :sunny:
Think Iam getting the jist of it now...bUt wow a fast pass can be hours ahead!
Are the fp machines open as soon as the ride opens ie 9am? And were can I find out what rides have Fp?
Thanks again! :banana:

But if you miss your time slot (like if lunch is longer than you expected, that kind of thing), they're very forgiving about that. For example, I've never had a probably using a Fast Pass that was good for 11-12AM at 3PM, that kind of thing.

Thanks Minnie YC, that's really useful to know. I would have just discarded any "past it" FPs, but now I'll give it a go, if needs be!

There aren't too many rides with fast pass. The ones currently in Disneyland Park are Peter Pan, Indiana Jones, Thunder Mountain, and Star Tours. When Space Mountain opens up again, it will very, very, very likely have fast pass.
At the Studios, if it gets crowded, they start giving fast passes for Rock-n-Rollercoaster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter