? About Epcot Resort Pools for Young Kids

mirlow

Peace-Love-Disney
We have a reservation at the BC this summer. I am very excited to try an Epcot resort. I thought that SAB would be a good option with our kids, but now I am starting to wonder? Is SAB to much of a good thing? My kids will be 1, 3, and 7. I have never been to SAB, but we did walk around the pool area when we were checking out the BC. We usually stay at the Poly and I love that my 7yr old can swim by herself while I sit with the baby in the shallow end while my 3 yr old plays in the sand. I can watch all 3 at the same time. Is SAB to big to do this? What are the pools like at the BW, Swan or Dolphin? I don't think that any of them have a zero entry? If they don't can you be in the kiddie pool and see the others in the regular pool? The pool is a deciding factor for where we stay.

My kids will be 5 and 7 and can't swim on their own. We chose BC because of the pool after seeing the pictures on www.disneypix.com

They seem to have a great area with a small slide going into a shallow kids pool along with the sand area that is shallow.

I just have to start by saying that for me, a pool was NOT a deciding factor in where we stayed, but my husband was very excited by the pool at the Beach Club in the literature/web, so we split our last stay between the Wilderness Lodge and the Beach Club. I am a convert -- the pool is amazing!! Yes, it is rather large and has many amenities, but my 6 year old, who is NOT a very good swimmer, was able to do what she wanted to do in a very large shallow area alone while I was with the 2 year old. She was able to play with her newly made friends without me worrying too much about her -- lots of room in shallow areas as well as several lifeguards stationed around. I could see her at all times, but she felt "grownup" to not be right next to me. The sand bottomed area was perfect for her to play with friends, while the 2 year old could dig and wade to her hearts content. There's an even smaller "baby" pool with a sprinkler, but most toddlers will probably really enjoy the sandy area much more. Again, its a large area, wasn't too crowded (despite the fact that the second day we were there, the pool was closed to all non-resort guests as it had gotten too full), and had plenty to do for everyone.

It was a fantastic pool experience -- the only downside for us was that no one wanted to go to the parks with such a great pool and we had "saved" Epcot for two of our last three days (at the Beach Club) so didn't see as much of it as we'd have liked -- but the kids had the BEST time at the BC pool!!! Hope you enjoy as much!

Josierac thanks for the pictures, I showed my ds and he got excited. I love the fact that they have a slide that he can go down. He hates the fact that his sister goes down the slide at the Polynesian and he is to afraid to:( . I even got excited looking at the pictures. I was just worried that there would be so many people and that SAB would be too big for all of us to enjoy it (if that makes sense?).
Heather thanks for your take on SAB. One of the reasons that the pool is the deciding factor is that we are going to have two resort days, so that we can just hang out at the pool:cool: Hopefully we can get the kids interested in going to Epcot and MGM:)

You can take a boat ride to either MGM or Epcot (we REALLY wanted to do it to MGM but didn't have time -- sounds like you planned better than we did and have longer at BC). The Epcot ride was actually longer than walking, but it did get us off our feet and the girls really enjoyed it. There are a lot of cool things at BC -- the lighthouse, the "shipwreck" where there is a real steering wheel and they could look out over the lake, etc. Also, my 6 year old BEGGED to be allowed to go to the Sandcastle Club for the evening and had a really great time there. My other child was too young, but it was a fun way for her to spend the evening while the grownups and the 2 year old ate at Flying Fish.

Have a great time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter