? about ecv/resort

ColleenW.

Earning My Ears
I'll be using an ecv when we go in Dec.--when I go back to the resort midday or at the end of the day do I just bring it into our room and plug it in for the next day? Also, I asked for a preferred room at ASSp because I thought I could walk the distance for pop,etc./breakfast at the End Zone.
I know it's the Surf's Up Bldg and is it worth it? I can't walk too far and thought I'd save time by zipping over to the main bldg. Maybe bad idea?
Thanks.

I'm sure you will get some replies from other people who have used ecvs.
The ecv should have enough power to get you thru the day without a problem (and maybe part of the next day too). Most people just recharge the ecv every night. That way you don't have to worry in the morning about how much power you have left.

The rental ECVs are designed to go about 25 miles at full speed with maximum rated weight on one charge. I would sometimes just leave the ECV in the car trunk overnight and would have no problem with a second day. If you are using Disney transportation there is no problem in leaving it plugged in whenever you are in the room. (Make sure the switch on the charger is on and the key in the control panel is off or it will not charge.)

There is no reason not to use the ECV at the resort. You can drive it from your room and park it in or near the food court and then get your food.

From reading your post, I gather you are renting an ECV from off property. One of the advantages to having the ECV 24 hours a day is to use it at the resorts, at DTD, at other places you might visit, etc. Enjoy! The ECV will save a lot of wear & tear on your body & allow you to have a wonderful vacation.

ColleenW. said:
I'll be using an ecv when we go in Dec.--when I go back to the resort midday or at the end of the day do I just bring it into our room and plug it in for the next day? Also, I asked for a preferred room at ASSp because I thought I could walk the distance for pop,etc./breakfast at the End Zone.
I know it's the Surf's Up Bldg and is it worth it? I can't walk too far and thought I'd save time by zipping over to the main bldg. Maybe bad idea?
Thanks.

It's a fine idea. Ride it wherever and whenever you can. Plug it in at night to charge but don't worry or modify your plans for fear it will drop dead. If you are plagued by Murphey's law and want some insurance, take the charger with you wherever you go and make a midday rest stop at a picturesque electrical outlet at the parks for a half hour or so. I met so many CMs, whom I would ordinarily just pass on by, because I decided to boost the charge on my scooter in preparation for a late night at DTD, which would have cut into the amount of nighttime charging back at the resort...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter