? about discounted rooms for wedding guest?

Bonnie (NJ)

Earning My Ears
This will be our 4th trip to Disney and I like to plan way ahead. Anyway, my Brother-in-law is getting married in Disney next Aug.

Does anyone have any idea the usual discount prices for hotels and tickets for wedding guests? Does it depend on how many? Does it depend what time of year? I am trying to budget for our trip and try to plan ahead and wanted to get a rough idea how much it will cost us. They said they won't have the prices until 8 months before.

Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks.

Bonnie:confused:

Hi,

Your brother-in-law will get a price list from Disney 8 months before the wedding listing the prices for each hotel. They will get to choose which hotel(s) to have rooms available for guests. We just filled ours out - we chose all of our rooms to be booked at All Star Movies resort because we wanted to allow everyone to get the cheapest room possible. Our wedding is in June, and the price (with tax) was $84/night. Disney allowed us to block off up to 50 room nights total within a one week period (so if there are a lot of guests invited, make sure to reserve right away. We thought that this was the best option for us, it keeps everyone in a central location and if anyone wants to stay in a more expensive room they can book independently. The price does depend on the season (our wedding is during regular season). They do also offer great prices on Disney hoppers. The only problem with the discounted tickets is that they are only good during the week of your wedding (i.e. the dates they will stamp on the tickets). So if you don't use a day - it is lost forever! The room block information will be included in their wedding contract. After the contract is signed and their deposit paid, Disney will send "save the date" letters to all of the guests which includes the special hotel and ticket prices - all you have to do is call or send your payment to reserve. Good luck!

Marn913, Thanks for the info. It helps a little. I don't know if prices are about the same or less in August. I guess I will just have to wait and see.

Bonnie.

$84.00 per night is pretty high for the value resorts. We have gone the past 2 yrs in Aug and have gotten rooms for $49.00 per night plus tax for a total of approx $54.00 per night.

Although $84/night seems high, it is less than the $99/night+ it can cost if our guests made ressies through CRO independently. Most of them have not been to Disney in years, and we do have a minimum number of room nights that our guests HAVE to book through Disney or else WE are obligated by our contract through Disney to pick up the remainder. So, in the long run, it is a bit of a bit of a deal, and most of our guests are not privy to the DIs, or the internet for that matter. So at least offering a discount may help their trip planning costs in some manner. That is why we blocked all of our rooms at the cheapest hotel, because they could definitely take advantage of the easiest discount that Disney was offering for our wedding. If they are willing to pay more, or have a preffered hotel, they may be more informed, and be able to look for codes! Hope this is a better explanation!

You can also take advantage of the cancellation policy if less expensive rooms become available, and cancel the Save the Date room, as long as you give the guests confirmation number to your coordinator so they give you the credit for the room nights (at least that worked for us...)

I am getting married in Disney next July. I just received the rescent price list of hotels.

Premium/Deluxe Resorts
Grand Floridian Resort~$210.00+
Contemporary Resort~$150.00+
Yacht and Beach Club Resort~$170.00+
BoardWalk Resort~$170.00+

Moderate Resorts
Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter, Caribbean Beach & Coronado Springs Resort~$130.00+

Value Resorts
All-Star Music, Sports & Movies Resort~ $89.00++

+=11% Resort Tax
++=12% Resort Tax

My wedding prices this year were:
GF RPC (where we spent our entire 2 week honeymoon) $320.00
Contemporary (where all of our guests stayed) $140.00
GF Lagoon View (where we stayed prior to the honeymoon) $215.00

These prices all include taxes and fees. My Sales Manager said I lucked out because this was a fantastic year for discounts. So, I guess it's a gamble based on the year you get married, although any "discount" is good, right?

I'll be attending my friend's Disney wedding in January 2003. She found discounted rates on several of the Disney resorts available for AP holders at mousesavers.com.

Each AP holder can reserve up to 3 rooms and the rooms count towards her guaranteed room nights as required by her wedding contract.

I saved $167 over the quoted special wedding guest rate for 2 nights at the Grand Floridian.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter