??? about DC

wdwluvr

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

I haven't been on the boards for awhile after we had to cancel our last trip-too depressing. Anyway, we are going to try to take a trip at the end of this year and I was wondering about this new Disney Club. Can someone tell me more about it or post a link where I can find all the details? Is this what is replacing the MKC card? And includes the Entertainment discounts too? Do you get a book when you join that tells where you can use the card? I'm kind of confused. Thanks in advance.

Melissa

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes

dancecindy.gif

I don't really know all that much about it, as we havne't purchased one yet. This is replacing the MKC card, which I think expired at the end of 2000. From what I gather, it has the Entertainment logo on it, which gets you the Entertainment discounts.

You can find more details at:

Disney Club Info

Also, I'm sure you could find more info if you did a search on the boards, as I've seen quite a few posts about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You'll get mixed up, of course, as you already know.
You'll get mixed up with many strange birds as you go.
So be sure where you step.
Step with care and great tact, and remember life's just a great balancing act.
--Dr. Seuss

This does replace the MKC, and there is a web site, but it's a members only, so you need to type in your card# to acess it. You get a packet, and there is a book that lists the hotels for the 1/2 off--there is also a members only web site you can acess for that as well. If you are going in end of year, Value season is 11/04/01-12/20/01. The availabe discounts are 20% off deluxes and moderates, and 10% off value resorts. All other seasons (regular and peak) have a 10% off deluxes and none off moderates and value resorts. Of course, they only have limited number of rooms for the discounted rate, and you need a card number to get the rate. They seem to be still giving rates for AAA card holders too. There usually are no Annual Pass rates given for November and December, so this is probably the only way to get a break on the price for end of the year visits. Someone posted an 800# recently for getting a DC card, and like I said, don't forget about AAA as well. These rooms go fast--so if you are pretty sure you are going, I'd get something booked now. When you book with a DC discount, you have to book through Walt Disney World Travel. The policy for DC bookings is $200 deposit for the room, and full payment 21 days prior. Hope this helps!

brerrab03.jpg
<font color=red><font face="Comic Sans MS"><marquee direction="right" align="middle" behavior="alternate">proud member of the Danettes</marquee></font></font><font color=maroon><font face="Comic Sans MS">CBR October 1994
<font color=green>Treehouse January 2000
<font color=orange>ASMusic November 2000
<font color=dark pink>Polynesian March 2001</font></font>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter