? about Ave of Giants in No. Ca-worth the 4 hour drive

Tink3815

DIS Veteran
Hi, we will be traveling north of San Fran to this area in early April this year. Would love input about things to do in this area. Do you think the drive is worth it or are there other areas closer to see the giant trees closer. Has anyone done this drive right by the ocean?

The drive is worth it, we came from Canada and drove the Coastal highway from Oregan down to San Francisco it does put some extra time on the drive as there are a lot of twists and turns but the sights were amazing. My avatar is my DH driving through one of Redwoods.

I think it is worth the drive, especially up the coast. It's beautiful!

However, if you want to see the giant trees closer, there are several places in the Bay Area - Muir Woods, Big Basin, Henry Cowell....

We did Ave. of the Giants last summer - what a beautiful drive. If possible, make your way to the Fern Canyon near Orick - this was amazing! It was several miles of dirt road, across a couple of creeks (easy, nothing hairy) and then a small hike. The canyon was amazing absolutely amazing. We also came across several herds of wild elk and enjoyed a lunch at the beach and a relaxing couple of hours combing the surf.

http://redwoods.info/showrecord.asp?id=476

I'm trying to remember if it was N or S of the Avenue of the Giants. I cannot remember.

Hi, we will be traveling north of San Fran to this area in early April this year. Would love input about things to do in this area. Do you think the drive is worth it or are there other areas closer to see the giant trees closer. Has anyone done this drive right by the ocean?

Any section of Highway 1 is worth it. It is just amazing.

The drive (Highway 1?) is gorgeous. Altho if you have a chance the Redwoods in Yosemite is an amazing site as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter