ABD Rep sounded scared!!

HappyGrumpy

DIS Veteran
So I wanted to call and ask a couple of questions. Usually my travel agent handles it but I figured I could call and get quick answers which I did.

The rep was very professional and sweet but you could hear the trepidation in her voice like if she gave me any "negative" answers to my questions. I think she thought I was going to rip her a new one! I was very understanding and thanked her for answering my questions. She sounded relieved when I thanked her and told her to have a good day!

She said the only Sig trips for now are Italy. I am disappointed about the dates offered for the Backstage Disney. Again need to take QFTW before making any decisions.

We shall see!

I am not surprised that one of the Cast Members sounded “off” today. You have to remember that today was the first day that they were talking about the 2010 dates and rates. Judging by some treads on this board, and some information that I have heard from my friends who work there, people calling weren't very nice to the Cast Members when they were told of prices they were not expecting.
These Cast Members who are working the phones are trying to sell tours because it is their job, and they are giving us the information that we need to know ... we should all be careful and make sure that we are not taking our frustrations out on them.
I am not implying that you were rude HappyGrumpy, just letting everyone know the other side of the coin. We sit here on the discussion boards and get upset with decisions that were made, but we don’t hear about the Cast Members that some of the Guests are using as punching bags.
When I used to work in Guest Relations I was on the other end of that, a lot. It’s part of the job, but it doesn’t make it any easier when you know it’s coming.

So I wanted to call and ask a couple of questions. Usually my travel agent handles it but I figured I could call and get quick answers which I did.

The rep was very professional and sweet but you could hear the trepidation in her voice like if she gave me any "negative" answers to my questions. I think she thought I was going to rip her a new one! I was very understanding and thanked her for answering my questions. She sounded relieved when I thanked her and told her to have a good day!

She said the only Sig trips for now are Italy. I am disappointed about the dates offered for the Backstage Disney. Again need to take QFTW before making any decisions.

We shall see!

..... Y**** or S****** - the first names of the two ABD call center reps who goofed up big time (last week) in handling my trip for next month.

But.... if you would like a wonderful rep who knows what she is doing (she works weekends) Monica is the rep who will handle your call from start to finish like a professional :goodvibes

and yes, I undertand today is a big day - that doesn't mean reps have to give wrong / conflicting information. Moreover, If a long day? Do what I do (I also work in the hospitality industry) - roll your head from side to side for a few moments, shake out your hands & get a drink of water, etc
That's one of many tricks I do to get thru a long business day cuz this is my choice to be in this business. Same as the ABD call center reps.:goodvibes

I am not surprised that one of the Cast Members sounded “off” today. You have to remember that today was the first day that they were talking about the 2010 dates and rates. Judging by some treads on this board, and some information that I have heard from my friends who work there, people calling weren't very nice to the Cast Members when they were told of prices they were not expecting.
These Cast Members who are working the phones are trying to sell tours because it is their job, and they are giving us the information that we need to know ... we should all be careful and make sure that we are not taking our frustrations out on them.
I am not implying that you were rude HappyGrumpy, just letting everyone know the other side of the coin. We sit here on the discussion boards and get upset with decisions that were made, but we don’t hear about the Cast Members that some of the Guests are using as punching bags.
When I used to work in Guest Relations I was on the other end of that, a lot. It’s part of the job, but it doesn’t make it any easier when you know it’s coming.

Oh I so get it!

My company (lets call it The Fruit Store for my protection) we sell these really cool cpu's and phones.;)

I am in there everyday dealing with the public and my specific role is to deal with the very happy customers and the very unhappy ones! Because I have been treated like utter poo before for circumstances beyond my control I REFUSE to be hateful to those who are just the messangers trying to do their job I kept the questions light the moment I heard the tember (sp?)in her voice because I have been in her shoes..I truly felt bad for her.

Oh I so get it!

My company (lets call it The Fruit Store for my protection) we sell these really cool cpu's and phones.;)

I am in there everyday dealing with the public and my specific role is to deal with the very happy customers and the very unhappy ones! Because I have been treated like utter poo before for circumstances beyond my control I REFUSE to be hateful to those who are just the messangers trying to do their job I kept the questions light the moment I heard the tember (sp?)in her voice because I have been in her shoes..I truly felt bad for her.

... there was once a guest who was upset that she couldn't get into her room. She had earlier ripped verballly the front desk for not having, as brand standard, shower caps in the rooms.
Then she got a hold of me popcorn::.

And proceeded to verbally lay it on me that is was unfair that we discriminate against women and that it's not "bleeping" right to not allow a "bleeping" guest into their "bleeping room" (as she proceeds to throw her personal items against the door).
I, quizically looked at the door, politely took the key from her, put the key in ARROW SIDE DOWN....and the door opened immediately:goodvibes.
(SHE WASN'T PUTTING THE HOTEL KEY IN THE DOOR ARROW SIDE DOWN)

I just smiled at her and replied, "have a nice day. Give us a call anytime you have any questions"

In another words, the above example comes with the territory.:goodvibes
I have become so desesitized to this (been in the business for 14 yrs) that I don't allow this to get to me. Even during "big day" events... like when Nascar blows into town, Concerts, conventions, etc.

....... or even when we host the Super Bowl (I work very near the new Cowboy football staduim)... hosting the Super Bowl oughta be fun.

And proceeded to verbally lay it on me that is was unfair that we discriminate against women and that it's not "bleeping" right to not allow a "bleeping" guest into their "bleeping room" (as she proceeds to throw her personal items against the door).
I, quizically looked at the door, politely took the key from her, put the key in ARROW SIDE DOWN....and the door opened immediately.
(SHE WASN'T PUTTING THE HOTEL KEY IN THE DOOR ARROW SIDE DOWN)

:lmao: How about that..the arrow side down! :rotfl:

We could swap stories for hours!!

my favorite customers come in screaming they cant get on the internet and they can't believe they spent so much $$ . I ask if I can take a look go into the settings turn the wifi on and Voilla Wifi magically works.

I politely hand the device back to them and bid them a great day!!

I love my job and even on the worse days they cant compare to my former life in INS and orthodontics! As you stated these events come with the territory HOWEVER I refuse to over react to situations it yields nothing positive!

:lmao: How about that..the arrow side down! :rotfl:

We could swap stories for hours!!

my favorite customers come in screaming they cant get on the internet and they can't believe they spent so much $$ . I ask if I can take a look go into the settings turn the wifi on and Voilla Wifi magically works.

I politely hand the device back to them and bid them a great day!!

I love my job and even on the worse days they cant compare to my former life in INS and orthodontics! As you stated these events come with the territory HOWEVER I refuse to over react to situations it yields nothing positive!

..... your comment really made me smile:goodvibes.

Looking forward to my ABD trip in a little over 30 days:woohoo:

CYA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter