ABD first timer - Waitlist times?

mikeishere

Mouseketeer
I’m looking at doing my first ABD on the DLR & Southern California trip. Looking at dates and waitlist’s.

I have a question on the waitlist. If I phoned up and said I’m interested in a date am i automatically put on a waitlist, when do the waitlist’s open as I see some late 2019 dates don’t say ‘now accepting waitlists’ and finally when do waitlist’s close and you officially have a place on the trip?

Thanks

You are not automatically put on a waitlist just by expressing interest in a date. You have to tell ABD explicitly that you want to be put on a waitlist.

Waitlists can be there for multiple reasons. Sometimes, it's because a travel agency or someone has booked that departure date as an exclusive departure. They have to get a minimum number of people (I believe it's 14 people) to sign up for that trip by a specific date, or the trip is opened up to the general public. At that point, the people on the waitlist get first dibs to sign up.

Sometimes it's because the trip is full, and they're taking a waitlist in case someone drops out. Then the people on the waitlist are offered their spots on the trip. It's hard to say when that would be; someone could drop out at any time. It's more likely to happen before Paid in Full date, which is 120 days out.

Recently I was told they also do waitlists if they're thinking about adding a date on, to see if there is interest for that date. Not sure at what point they'd decide to offer the trip, or give up on the waitlist.

It's possible you might never get on the trip. That's the chance you take with waitlists.

Sayhello

Oh thanks for info I thought a wait-list was a standard thing for every trip but I guess by what your saying that’s not the case?

Not all trips will have a waitlist and some will go ahead ?

... so i could get in touch with Adventures By Disney and probs get on the trip and daye i want?
Most likely. *Some* may be sold out or waitlisted, but they'll say so on the website. If you look on the website, and the trip and date you want have a price listed, then you should be able to call ABD and book it right now.

Sayhello

Most likely. *Some* may be sold out or waitlisted, but they'll say so on the website. If you look on the website, and the trip and date you want have a price listed, then you should be able to call ABD and book it right now.

Sayhello
Thank you

Do you know if you get on the waitlist, if a spot becomes available, are you obligated to take it?

Do you know if you get on the waitlist, if a spot becomes available, are you obligated to take it?
No, you're not. They'll contact you and give you the opportunity to take it.

Sayhello

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts