ABD DisneyLand/So Cal trips in 2019...anyone going?

I hope we are going in early Jan 2020. As of yesterday, only 7 people have signed up for our dates. How worried should I be? I know we still have quite a while to go, so I'm still hopeful it will happen. We don't have a lot of flexibility on our dates due to our son being in college. It's not as if he's going to take a week off from school to go to Disneyland.

This is our first foray into booking group travel, and honestly I'm not sure it's something we will do again. The lack of guaranteed trips is frustrating. Fingers crossed we get enough people to sign up for ours!

@dolewhipdreams, what method did you use to tip the guides? (I saw that you had completed your adventure in the SWGE spinoff thread).
I used cash. They give you an envelope when you check in specifically for tips so it's very clear. I gave the envelopes to the guides during the farewell breakfast.

OK, next dilemma. I am staying 2 more nights at the GC after my ABD. The first night is to take advantage of the 4th day ticket (Oct 18th), then I have to purchase
one more ticket for the next day ( Oct 19th). I am not leaving until the 20th and have at least 6-7 hours from checkout time until the time I leave for the airport.
Do I spring for another days ticket or do I just wander around (will stash luggage at hotel) until I am picked up by my ride (my flight is at 8:45pm from Long Beach airport). NOTE: I am from Vermont so do not get out to California too often so I want to make the most out of this trip!
Any advice??????????????????

OK, next dilemma. I am staying 2 more nights at the GC after my ABD. The first night is to take advantage of the 4th day ticket (Oct 18th), then I have to purchase
one more ticket for the next day ( Oct 19th). I am not leaving until the 20th and have at least 6-7 hours from checkout time until the time I leave for the airport.
Do I spring for another days ticket or do I just wander around (will stash luggage at hotel) until I am picked up by my ride (my flight is at 8:45pm from Long Beach airport). NOTE: I am from Vermont so do not get out to California too often so I want to make the most out of this trip!
Any advice??????????????????
Maybe consider doing another Studio tour, like Warner Brothers. Or go to a beach (lots of them around, santa monica pier, or even consider going to San Diego). Obviously you would need a rental car...

The 4 day ticket they give is not upgradable, and I am not sure if you can add a day to it, so you may have to pay full price to get another day.

:smickey:
Maybe consider doing another Studio tour, like Warner Brothers. Or go to a beach (lots of them around, santa monica pier, or even consider going to San Diego). Obviously you would need a rental car...

The 4 day ticket they give is not upgradable, and I am not sure if you can add a day to it, so you may have to pay full price to get another day.

Been to California several times and I would rather not rent a car and deal with the traffic on my own, but thanks for the advice! I may do Universal pre ABD. Since I will be paying for my airfare with points, I may spring for the extra tickets and just stay in the park and enjoy it on my own.
:earsgirl:

I'm pretty certain you cannot add another day to it.

Tobi

Eight working days until we head to CA! We've normally taken at least one week of travel vacation at this point, but it didn't work out that way this year. This vacation is long overdue!

Eight working days until we head to CA! We've normally taken at least one week of travel vacation at this point, but it didn't work out that way this year. This vacation is long overdue!
Enjoy!! I've been hearing it's not very crowded at Disneyland Resort. I hope that holds true for you!

Sayhello

We are leaving Friday...Cannot wait! We are seeing "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" on Day 2 Monday Night at 7:30 pm at QT's theatre (so excited; we have already seen it but LOVED it and can't wait to see it there). Does anyone know if we will have trouble making that? That's dinner OYO but just wanted to see about what time we would get back to the hotel (theatre is like a 7 minute walk).

We are leaving Friday...Cannot wait! We are seeing "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" on Day 2 Monday Night at 7:30 pm at QT's theatre (so excited; we have already seen it but LOVED it and can't wait to see it there). Does anyone know if we will have trouble making that? That's dinner OYO but just wanted to see about what time we would get back to the hotel (theatre is like a 7 minute walk).

We did Jimmy Kimmel on our Day 2 and we had to be in line at 430. We left right after lunch, but saw everyone coming back to the hotel as we were walking out after getting changed. I think you’ll have no problem making a 730 movie. I’ve been trying to get to the theatre to see this movie. It looks so good. Enjoy seeing it there, how fun!

To those of you who have already taken this ABD this summer, did you use the shampoos and conditioners at Loews and at the Grand Californian? If so, do you recall the brand? My husband can get away with almost any shampoo, but my color-treated hair needs mild shampoo and a good conditioner. I'm trying to cut down our packing list.

I'm pretty certain you cannot add another day to it.

Tobi

No you can not add another day. The Disney rep suggested to save some $$ nixing the 2 day park hopper and just buying the single park per day ticket with the MP, and if I feel it is necessary, tack on the park hopper to just one of the days. The fist day I may park hop but the second day I may just stay at the Magic Kingdom and check out all the nooks and crannies on my own.

To those of you who have already taken this ABD this summer, did you use the shampoos and conditioners at Loews and at the Grand Californian? If so, do you recall the brand? My husband can get away with almost any shampoo, but my color-treated hair needs mild shampoo and a good conditioner. I'm trying to cut down our packing list.
I can't recall the Loews brand, but the Grand Californian was the Disney H2O brand. I have color treated hair too and I decided to just bring my own. There's a Sephora right next door to Loews though so if you get there and the brand at the hotel isn't what you want, you can nip over and grab something travel sized in a better brand!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!