ABD Detailed Survey

I received the survey after just returning from ABD China. When I clicked it said that I was not eligible to participate. It must be because I don't live in the US.

Agreed. It seemed an overly vague question asking how much we spend per person per trip. If you average all my trips together, I'm not spending ABD $$$ per person on each. The more I think about it, the more useless or misleading that question seems. They probably should have first asked if you've visited Europe before, and then if so about how much per person did you spend? Do you take domestic short trips? If so, how much do you spend? Something more specific. Nevertheless, they didn't dwell too long on that question. The last series of questions seemed to get to the point. How much are you willing to spend on an Arctic Cruise? ....and now how much are you willing to spend on the same cruise? ...and now how much? :)
Good points Kevin! I deliberated on how much to put down for that answer too. As you know I'm a recovering bean counter so you'd think I would know the number easily. But not so. ;)

I thought the survey didn't take into account people who had already traveled with ABD.......

I also had a hard time with how much we spend per person on average per trip that included an overnight stay that we've taken in the last 3 years.

I had forgotten about these questions. I would have put some of the itineraries we've already been on at the top of my list had we not already done them. And on the financial side, I agree that the question assumed that we spend a similar amount per person each vacation - not the case at all! Although I'm sure my kids would love it if they got to stay in some of the ABD hotels my husband and I have been in, it's DVC or the Fairfield in when the whole brood is with us! And with them, we're usually driving, not flying.

Laurie

Did any of the questions focus on group size and preferences for larger or smaller groups?

I got the survey and just finished it today. They didn't ask much about the group size, but "group size" was one of the options you could select for not preferring ABD trips over others.

I really enjoyed seeing the potential trip ideas they dreamed up for the survey. Bora Bora sounded really cool, and I've really been wanting to do Antarctica. I agree with the comment about having some way to indicate that you eliminating certain trips because you had already taken them.

Re: India and the luxury trains, I have been on both the Palace on Wheels (Rajasthan) and the Golden Chariot (Karnataka). Both were lovely 5-star experiences. Very easy to do outside of a company like ABD since the whole experience is all-inclusive--rather like an ABD river cruise.

I am a little confused about the question of price. I would think that ABD would calculate how much each aspect of any trip should cost and have a grand total of price then approach the prospective traveler and question if this cost would be acceptable. Pricing a trip on what the individual would be willing to pay is a little strange in my book.

I am a little confused about the question of price. I would think that ABD would calculate how much each aspect of any trip should cost and have a grand total of price then approach the prospective traveler and question if this cost would be acceptable. Pricing a trip on what the individual would be willing to pay is a little strange in my book.

That’s capitalism.... I’d like to think that the quality of meals and hotels would increase with the higher prices, but I’m not so sure.

I haven't seen the survey, what kind of destinations were listed? And what were the prices on those?

I haven't seen the survey, what kind of destinations were listed? And what were the prices on those?

I just did the survey as I didn't have access to a computer until yesterday. I took photos of my survey as I was curious what price ranges would be offered. This is info from my survey but I suppose it changes depending on your preferred vacations.

New trips were:
Alaska small ship cruise 14 nights $8000 -$10,000
Antarctica Expedition Cruise 10 nights $12,000 - $16,000
South Pacific Small Ship Cruise 9 nights $7500 - $9500
Mountain Lodge Colorado winter 4 nights $2600 - $4000
Family camp Upstate NY summer 4 nights $2000
Glamping Yellowstone 4 nights $ 2500 - $3500
Short Escape London 2 nights $2000 - $2300
Arctic Expedition Cruise 7 nights $10,000 - $14,000
Ireland by luxury train 6 nights $11,500 - $12,500
Galapagos Expedition Cruise 8 nights $7800 - $8400
Alaska Expedition Cruise 7 nights $7000 - $9000
Greece&Croatia Small Ship Cruise 7 days $7500 - $8800
Airstream Resort at Walt Disney World 4 nights
Independent Itinerary to Central Europe 7 days $4000 -$4700

I just did the survey as I didn't have access to a computer until yesterday. I took photos of my survey as I was curious what price ranges would be offered. This is info from my survey but I suppose it changes depending on your preferred vacations.

New trips were:
Wow! I assume those are per person? Thanks for doing that.

New trips were:
Ireland by luxury train 6 nights $11,500 - $12,500 :scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

The *10 night* Japan trip is less than that!

Sayhello

Ireland by luxury train 6 nights $11,500 - $12,500 :scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

The *10 night* Japan trip is less than that!

Sayhello

The price for the Luxury Ireland train really was shocking. I glanced at a website for a current luxury Ireland train ( Belmond Grand Hibernian )and the price was 8100 Euros for 6-7 nights. They also offered shorter trips.

New trips were:

"Independent Itinerary to Central Europe" - Does that mean no guides? Just hotels and experiences?

14 nights on a small ship to Alaska looks interesting, depending on where they go and how much is included in that price. If it was truly all-inclusive (at least lodging, meals, and excursions) then that might even be a decent deal.

I would guess the Yellowstone Glamping could be used as an add-on to one of the full trips out west.

Really trying to push the cruises. I wouldn't do a European cruise unless it was amazingly cheap, and these obviously aren't.

I wouldn't do any of those options at those prices.

I mean, I could perhaps see a trip of that sort for that price, but I'm not paying that and then risking a cancellation or paying for a bunch of OYO meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter