ABD Detailed Survey

Cousin Orville

Inventor of Air Cooling
Anyone else complete the very long and detailed ABD paid survey? I found it fascinating. ABD seems to be giving serious consideration to a number of future destinations and types of experiences. Many of which have been mentioned here on "wish list" threads. Not just destinations, but completely different type of experiences such as expedition cruises in specific locations, "glamping" trips, train trips, privately organized trips. They even suggested different possible price points for each trip. There were questions getting at whether price was the most important factor or things like food choices or lodging were. It was quite a long survey. I was surprised by some of the questions and destinations. With river cruises now being a standard offering, it seems ABD is giving serious consideration for what it's next evolutionary step is going to be. One possibility... Antarctica?

This sounds really interesting. But I have to ask -- "paid survey"??? They payed you to take the survey?

Sayhello

I got it, too, and just filled it out. Agree to Cousin Orville's assessment - seems to be a lot of emphasis on different style trips. Many of them adventurous and right up our alley.

$15. I would have done it for free. But the survey did take 20-30 min.
That's really interesting. I haven't gotten it yet. Was it a post-trip kind of thing, or just sort of random?

It makes sense that they want to branch out.

Sayhello

They offered up quite a variety of ideas. Some I liked, some I didn’t (no Airstreams or glamping, please). The Antarctica trip sounded interesting.

I was dismayed but the very high prices on many of the trips. I found myself selecting the lower priced options. We have (luckily) been to many of our bucket list places so I did really like that they were thinking of some fun, active options. I ended up selecting the "New York Family Camp" quite often. It sounded like something my group would love.

I was dismayed but the very high prices on many of the trips. I found myself selecting the lower priced options. We have (luckily) been to many of our bucket list places so I did really like that they were thinking of some fun, active options. I ended up selecting the "New York Family Camp" quite often. It sounded like something my group would love.

I did the same thing. Some of those prices were so high, especially considering airfare isn't included.

:( Looks like they're no longer interested in my opinion. :(

Sayhello

Me, too! I received the survey but after I said Disney hotels and Marriott were just okay it booted me out of the survey, LOL. "Thank you for your opinion" and that was it. Interesting on the direction they are thinking of.

Me, too! I received the survey but after I said Disney hotels and Marriott were just okay it booted me out of the survey, LOL. "Thank you for your opinion" and that was it. Interesting on the direction they are thinking of.
That’s interesting. I gave Disney and Marriott high marks, but rated American Airlines as poor. I guess they were OK with participants trashing AA, lol.

:eek::eek::eek: That doesn't sound fun!

That’s interesting. I gave Disney and Marriott high marks, but rated American Airlines as poor. I guess they were OK with participants trashing AA, lol.
:rotfl:

I had to look up Airstreams... uh, no thank you. The Croatia cruise sounded interesting.
I'm assuming you're staying in fancy trailers??? Um, I agree. No thank you!!

Sayhello

I found Airstream in Florida kinda icky. Glamping I would love. The family NY lake trip sounds nice for families with smaller children. My family is ready to start seeing more of world. All the new options didn’t really appeal to me because we have only done 1ABD and still love the idea of many current offerings.

The part of the survey where it felt like I was in a crazy loop of 8 of the exact same question was odd. I’m sure they have some formula to read my mind from it. I also stopped paying attention to the prices vs just the location.

I had to look up Airstreams... uh, no thank you. The Croatia cruise sounded interesting.

I felt the same way...airstream NO! Camping in any way shape or form...NO! Croatia and Central Europe...YES!

The part of the survey where it felt like I was in a crazy loop of 8 of the exact same question was odd. I’m sure they have some formula to read my mind from it. I also stopped paying attention to the prices vs just the location.

Since the prices were increasing I think they were trying to get a feel for how serious (ie money where your mouth is) you were about the trips. I remember setting values to each I wouldn't exceed then picking a different one. At least that's how I read it!

@sayhello...I thought it was fun to think about different trips and how I would rank them and how much I'd be willing to pay. Told DH it was the most enjoyable $15 I'd made and I would have done it for free! He said "don't tell them that until you get the egift card.":sad2:

It was long and thorough, however. Fortunately I was able to do it inside during our afternoon torrential rainstorm so easy money!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter