ABD China changes?

We need a new name for this thread post!:-) Maybe we should change it to "ABD Virus Changes?" LOL. It's no longer China changes we are concerned about, its all trips that is and will be affected.

On top of the virus itself, I fear being quarantined, detained, denied entry, and healthcare in another country for my children. My PIF for Asia summer trip is due soon and I am having anxiety about going and will probably cancel.

@morgan98 I love that northern region of Italy and have visited several times. It is very difficult to get the supplies and meds that we're used to in those more remote parts.

Regarding ABD Scotland, it's concerning as my Asia trip, and understand that it's probably also difficulty to cancel and predict.

You might wanna create a new thread title then. Originally this was created due to the riots in China, then the coronavirus started.

We are scheduled to do a week long cruise of the Galapagos in July (with another company) and have decided to cancel. PIF date is in a couple weeks. Like others, I'm not so worried about catching the virus as I am getting unexpectedly caught in a quarantined area and unable to get back home. We'll still take that week of vacation, but we'll stay in the US.

On the upside, there are so many wonderful places in the US we haven't been because it's always tempting to do more adventurous travel, so this is a good excuse to see some places that feel easier to get to.

On the upside, there are so many wonderful places in the US we haven't been because it's always tempting to do more adventurous travel, so this is a good excuse to see some places that feel easier to get to.

That's a great way to think about it. We are still planning to make our Japan trip this June, but if Thomson cancels on their end, I have been bookmarking U.S. National Parks trips that we could do instead.

In the interest of anyone who's following cancellations of the China itineraries, here's a snapshot of the current dates still listed on the ABD website:

I did a double take because at first I thought early June had been cancelled but then I saw them at the end of the list as waitlisted.

In the interest of anyone who's following cancellations of the China itineraries, here's a snapshot of the current dates still listed on the ABD website:

View attachment 476547

I did a double take because at first I thought early June had been cancelled but then I saw them at the end of the list as waitlisted.
I will say that the Trips leaving June 14th & June 21st have the designation of "Group Travel available" based on my research that means that those trips currently do not have the necessary amount of people to go, I know my family of 3 dropped out of the June 21st trip and when we booked there was only one other spot open, but ABD is unwilling to cancel the trip as of yet. It will be interesting to see if any of the later trips get this designation as we get closer!

I will say that the Trips leaving June 14th & June 21st have the designation of "Group Travel available" based on my research that means that those trips currently do not have the necessary amount of people to go, I know my family of 3 dropped out of the June 21st trip and when we booked there was only one other spot open, but ABD is unwilling to cancel the trip as of yet. It will be interesting to see if any of the later trips get this designation as we get closer!
Hmm that's interesting! I thought maybe it meant that they were special group trips like the Dis does but your thought makes sense too!

Hmm that's interesting! I thought maybe it meant that they were special group trips like the Dis does but your thought makes sense too!
That's what I originally thought too, but through some quick google searches, because we were still booked on the June 14th trip the time the designation changed and I didn't want to be with an "exclusive" group then just the 3 of us, I felt that would be awarded, I found what I previous mentioned. Lucky we are now off that trip, as I am assuming my family was the only 3 left because we couldn't move our deposit again.

That's what I originally thought too, but through some quick google searches, because we were still booked on the June 14th trip the time the designation changed and I didn't want to be with an "exclusive" group then just the 3 of us, I felt that would be awarded, I found what I previous mentioned. Lucky we are now off that trip, as I am assuming my family was the only 3 left because we couldn't move our deposit again.
Okay so it seems like there's a good chance ABD might cancel those itineraries anyway due to low bookings. Unless this suddenly clears up and there's an abundance of people who jump on a last minute opening.

I think the june trips would be a good testament to see what they do. Since some of those are either close to being filled up or they are if they have a waitlist. In addition, Japan has until May to cancel the Olympics. So definitely not paying in full till its due, but gonna be hounding them closer near that date to gather more info. Ie since I dont want to waste more money looking into flights and Visa.

But there is saying that shots might be in the first stage of development so there's hope in that. Yet, it will take a little longer than the h1n1 vaccines to develop.

I received news today that our office in Shanghai should be reopening on Monday after being shut for a few weeks now. Maybe things are turning the corner in China...? They must at least think so. :confused3

That’s definitely a good sign!

I received news today that our office in Shanghai should be reopening on Monday after being shut for a few weeks now. Maybe things are turning the corner in China...? They must at least think so. :confused3
Oh, I hope you're right!!!

Sayhello

Now Italy regions and South Korea? Next Japan and England and France? It ain't lookin good.

Now Italy regions and South Korea? Next Japan and England and France? It ain't lookin good.
There is currently NO travel warning of any level for England or France. I think that's a bit premature. Italy & South Korea currently have Level 3 travel warnings, and a MUCH larger number of cases than either England or France. The United States has a larger number of cases than France and both have far more than the United Kingdom.

Sayhello

Last edited:
England has a plan to conscript doctors and emergency workers into the military as well as preparing isolation buildings and make ship morgues. Milan has such a large number of asians that it would behoove some of those infected both native Italians and guests to travel over the border being so close and seek medical treatment. Germany has stepped up its' border guards. Being prepared is a good thing in my view. As a number of infectious disease experts have been preaching that it will be only a matter of time before another great world wide pandemic much like 1919. The virus "always wins and changes" as they say in that profession. As a side we just returned from the DCL Fantasy from a caribbean cruise and it was wonderful. No masks even in Atlanta where we had to change planes and everyone was delightful. The check in workers really scrub your passport, every page, to examine all your stamps for asian travel. They want to avoid the problem that some are having now not being able to port for fear of unhealthy passengers. A question I had was what would happen to the workers from China onboard? They can't get back to China and if they do I find it hard to believe they would be able to return. Poor workers.

what is PIF for ABD? 3 months? 4 months?
when our PIF rolls around, if disney doesn't shorten it, then i'll cancel.
which means i'll lose that big deposit right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter