ABD Backstage Magic 2/20 - 2/25/11 *** Close to Selling Out***

John got the creeping crud this week too...Am I the last one standing?

I thought the Hollywood tour was ok when taken for what it was and having low expectations. While I too feared for my life at times I have to say the crazy driving definitely gave it some character.

I agree on the DAC stuff, was kind of disappointed we didn't get much behind the scenes stuff other than Soarin'. Would have been cool to see them do Crush behind the scenes.

Overall though really had a great time!

I'm still fighting off the Tour Guide Michael Malady, but I fear my days are numbered. Glad to hear you are still healthy!

Michael

John got the creeping crud this week too...Am I the last one standing?

!

Hi Becky, Cathy and I are still free of any creeping crud, and missing the all crew from our adventure, what a great time!

How can a cold make me this miserable! For those of you who have survived this wonderful souvenior of our trip can you tell me how long your symptoms lasted. Does it stay just a head cold? Trying to breath through my nose being so stuffed up is really tough. Yuck!!!

Well no matter what it is still a great day to be alive!

Hope everyone feels better soon.

Carol

I'm popping Airborne like they're Fizzies! (Who's old enough to remember those?

I know what fizzies are! I even have a few stashed around somewhere...they were brought to me as a gift. They still make them, apparently (at least in texas where mine came from). I will admit I've never dared to try them.

I've not been sick, sick...but I felt like I've been on high doses of sleeping pills for the first few days after I returned. Not regular jet lag, but full on exhaustion.

I hope all of you still under the weather get better soon!

Jimmy & I both managed to dodge the crud bullet (which is odd, since I'm usually a crud magnet!;)) I hope all are feeling better soon...

As for the Hollywood tour, Jimmy and I really enjoyed it - I think a lot more than we would've enjoyed Jimmy Kimmel. (We were in the same group as Kevin). What a lot of others found to be extremely cheesy, we loved! Just call us the masters of cheese! :lmao:

Either way, we had an AMAZING trip - loved getting to know everyone and had a great time...the best vacation we've ever taken! Now we just have to hit the lottery, so we can do Europe in the fall... :rolleyes1

I managed to stay clear of the ABD crud. I did get food poisoning this past Thursday but am over it now.

We are now in the "getting ready to depart for WDW" phase. We arrive for 9 nights/10 days this Thursday. Our daughter is ready for Spring Break. I am hoping for nicer temperatures in Florida. It is cold and yucky here.

Had a great time meeting everyone. Amy - if you and Jimmy win the lottery will you spring for me to go to Europe too? :rotfl:

We are now in the "getting ready to depart for WDW" phase. We arrive for 9 nights/10 days this Thursday. Our daughter is ready for Spring Break. I am hoping for nicer temperatures in Florida. It is cold and yucky here.

If all goes according to plan, I'll be at the park that rhymes with Shmooniversal for one day next week.

Absolutely!! But, you'd have to bring your ABDH! ;)

It sounds like I'm a piece of luggage ... :lmao:

Where are all the pictures??? I thought there was going to be a sharing site.

I got over my cold and I have chemo Monday. Hope everyone is feeling better.

Carol
It's a great day to be alive!!!

Where are all the pictures??? I thought there was going to be a sharing site.

I got over my cold and I have chemo Monday. Hope everyone is feeling better.

Carol

Although I haven't had time to get my photos all ready to upload yet, I just set up a Flickr group for us where we can post and share trip pictures. Everyone I have an email address for will get an email from me and from Flickr, with a link to the group page. If you don't get an email, pm or email me and I'll send you the link.

I've just begun editing my photos, and will try to get a batch added this weekend.

FYI - be on the lookout in your mailboxes for a box from Ryman Arts. My autographed book "A Brush with Disney" autographed by Marty Sklar arrived today.

What a gorgeous book!

Thanks DISUnplugged!!! :worship:

FYI - be on the lookout in your mailboxes for a box from Ryman Arts. My autographed book "A Brush with Disney" autographed by Marty Sklar arrived today.

What a gorgeous book!

Ours arrived last week. Yes, the book is spectacular!

I am always amazed by how Dreams Unlimited/DIS "plusses" their trips with extras at no extra charge to their guests. I'd book a DIS trip before I'd book a special Disney-planned event. In my opinion, there's no comparison in terms of quality of experience, personalized customer service and touches of magic!

I'm looking foward to a DIS ABD Reunion some day!

What a gorgeous book!

Jimmy just called me to tell me ours arrived today, as well! I can't wait to get home and look through it!!

So are we!! You just tell us where and when, and we'll definitely be there!

I am always amazed by how Dreams Unlimited/DIS "plusses" their trips with extras at no extra charge to their guests. I'd book a DIS trip before I'd book a special Disney-planned event. In my opinion, there's no comparison in terms of quality of experience, personalized customer service and touches of magic!

Maybe the reunion should be DISapolooza??? :cool2:

I agree that all the added features that the DU team provides on these trips makes them stand above the rest!

Jimmy just called me to tell me ours arrived today, as well! I can't wait to get home and look through it!!

We got our books yesterday as well and we're wondering if being an DIS ABD grad would get us on a VIP list for the WWoHP event :rolleyes1

(if not, then please disregard and don't list me in the book of grievances!!!)

Small note - we have yet to take the pics off our cameras either...:headache:

Cathy and I received our book yesterday, what a beautiful gesture!

Anyone planning on being at the World in early October for Food and Wine?

Cathy and I are not doing Disappolooza (not Potter fans), but we are booked for the Swan and Dolphin Festival.

Came home to find our ABD Slideshow DVD in the mail.

Cathy and I just watched it together, what a fantastic trip and a great group of friends.

We will never forget the adventure we all shared.

I won't be flying by December but I am hoping Michael will be joining some of you at Harry's World. It's not really my thing.

What about 2012? What are your plans? Pete asked me on the ABD trip what my next goal would be and I realize just how important it was for me to have the ABD trip as a carrot for me. Michael has us signed up for Podcast 3 and 4. How many of you are hoping to go on those? If you don't want to be on the cruise how about joining before or after for a few days. Amy I am talking to you.

Hoping all are well and Happy St. Patrick's Day.

Carol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!