ABD 2010 rate confusion

SailingBeagle

Mouseketeer
Just got off the phone with ABD and for the 2nd time rec'd different info re:rates.
Today I was told that the published rate will go up as the trip fills up. The published rate is the lowest possible rate. She indicated similar to airline pricing.

This is nuts in my opinion.

My response to ABD after 2 prior trips is that I think I will look at other altertnatives. The rep did suggest people who are unhappy with the elimination of the early booking discount need to call and voice their opinion..she said Disney does listen.

We will see.

Just got off the phone with ABD and for the 2nd time rec'd different info re:rates.
Today I was told that the published rate will go up as the trip fills up. The published rate is the lowest possible rate. She indicated similar to airline pricing.

This is nuts in my opinion.

My response to ABD after 2 prior trips is that I think I will look at other altertnatives. The rep did suggest people who are unhappy with the elimination of the early booking discount need to call and voice their opinion..she said Disney does listen.

We will see.

It will be interesting to see what happens if the trips don't fill up. Will ABD start sending out lots of special offers like WDW and DCL? Unfortunately, if that happens, chances are I will have already booked with some other company.

I agree, by the time they send me an offer I will already be booked with someone else...
Sorry ABD, we loved you but $100.00 pp discount for your loyal repeat customers is just not enough. Make it better or loose many of us forever.:confused3

I don't get it. It seems like ABD doesn't get that this kind of trip requires a lot more advance planning and commitment than a trip to, say, WDW (at least for most of us). I'm not going to wait around to see if they offer a good discount, or decide "Gee, I think maybe I'll go to Italy next month because ABD discounted the trip". For these kinds of vacations, I have to have the date picked way in advance to guarantee I can get the time off from work.

I'll be really interested to see (assuming I can ever find out) how all this affects their reservation numbers. There's really no incentive to book early; their unforgiving refund policy is actually a dis-incentive. If, somehow, people *do* start a "wait and see" mentality, how will that work come February or March? Won't they have had to cancel low volume trips by then? It just really, really seems like self-destruct behaviour...

Sayhello

No, ABD does not "get it" at all. I called to ask a couple of questions to clariy things a bit and after I hung up the phone I was beyond frustrated just on the insane answers I was given. First I asked about the dates marked call for details and I was told that these were not available trips but they would take my name and call me if it materializes into a real trip. Next I asked if I booked through DVC to use my points would I be able to get the ABD insurance, if I booked with a travel agent I would be able to get it but not if I choose DVC points, I am stuck having to get private insurance or use the DVC recommended insurance, which last I heard was AIG. Then the agent told me something that made me cringe, they now have a "trip departure Guarantee" policy that if you are 85 or less days out from you trip then you are guranteed to go, I didn't know weather to laugh or cry when I heard that utter lunacy. The agent told me that the managers were looking for feedback but I told her I was frustrated beyond belief by the way ABD conducts buisness, schedules trips and I honestly can't believe it is actually a Disney company.

I still have a lot of research to do as I don't know what I am going to do for next year.

Unfortunately, I follow this stuff. Don't worry about AIG insurance. It is effectively backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. Treasury. Your tax dollars at work.

No, ABD does not "get it" at all. I called to ask a couple of questions to clariy things a bit and after I hung up the phone I was beyond frustrated just on the insane answers I was given. First I asked about the dates marked call for details and I was told that these were not available trips but they would take my name and call me if it materializes into a real trip. Next I asked if I booked through DVC to use my points would I be able to get the ABD insurance, if I booked with a travel agent I would be able to get it but not if I choose DVC points, I am stuck having to get private insurance or use the DVC recommended insurance, which last I heard was AIG. Then the agent told me something that made me cringe, they now have a "trip departure Guarantee" policy that if you are 85 or less days out from you trip then you are guranteed to go, I didn't know weather to laugh or cry when I heard that utter lunacy. The agent told me that the managers were looking for feedback but I told her I was frustrated beyond belief by the way ABD conducts buisness, schedules trips and I honestly can't believe it is actually a Disney company.

I still have a lot of research to do as I don't know what I am going to do for next year.

I called again and this time spoke with a manager and asked her how long in advance she plans and has to request her vacations....85 days does not work for me...that's merely 2 and 1/2 months....It doesn't work for her either.
I reconfirmed that the published rate is the lowest and may change as spots
become filled.
I am glad I did 2 ABD cause I think it is time to move on to another company that can offer exceptional adventures, without the craziness the ABD puts you thru.
I am not going to sweat another Jan ,Feb and March wondering if my vacation plans will be cancelled.
Get your act together ABD or there will be less on your 2011 schedule cause
many of your loyal customers have been satisfied elsewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter