ABCs of A Trip Worth Waiting For + PNWMM: P: A Practically Perfect Pacific NW Mouse Meet- pg. 26

It is brutal. Glad I don't do it very often. I'd say the train is faster, but it's just... not.

When my brother-in-law treated his mom to an Alaskan cruise (and invited DW to go along to have fun/help take care of MIL) we set it up to have them take the train overnight from Eugene to Seattle in a sleeper car. They left Eugene around 3pm and got to Seattle around 7am. They had comfort, great food, and a wonderful view while the sun was shining. And got a van from the train station to the dock for the cruise ship. I could see that being a worthwhile way to go for those circumstances.

I don't do Chinese very often because it's usually so full of fat and carbs, but once in a while is really nice. I love the Kung Pao anything and garlic beef and veggies.

I'm a curried chicken kind of guy which is pretty good health-wise, but then my achilles heel is pork fried rice with lots of the "pink sauce", which is all carbs and sugar. For that reason I only do Chinese every once in a great while. I'd much rather have sushi.

Mouse Meets are very much like DISMeets except on a Megascale. Well, okay, more like Comicon but just Disney. ;)

I'd love to go out for a lunch with Charita- really such a fine woman!

It's fun to get a backstage perspective of the company so to speak. Such talent there!

Very cool scenario, maybe one day I'll fit something like that in!

What a cool class to take! How totally awesome! Super impressed BTW!

Thank you! :blush:

Well, Salem isn't toooo far away! Tammie has come from Grant's Pass, ya know. ;) Maybe we should start planning a summer Meet??

No, not too far away at all. I make my way up north 3 or 4 times a year, I'm sure a summer meetup could definitely happen!

The front door's always open. Beer's in the fridge. :)

Thankyee kindly and same here, I'm the southern Oregon hotel for friends and relatives :thumbsup2

I know this won't help my cause, but DH hates black olives too. I always put them on my half of the pizza to keep him from eating it. He eats his half and always goes after mine if I don't.

That. Is. Genious!!

Whoa.... dang.... that's....... devious.

Remind me never to get on your bad side.

Not that you have one!!!! :scared:

Devious? Yes.

Genius? Even more so!

When my brother-in-law treated his mom to an Alaskan cruise (and invited DW to go along to have fun/help take care of MIL) we set it up to have them take the train overnight from Eugene to Seattle in a sleeper car. They left Eugene around 3pm and got to Seattle around 7am. They had comfort, great food, and a wonderful view while the sun was shining. And got a van from the train station to the dock for the cruise ship. I could see that being a worthwhile way to go for those circumstances.

Yes, except!!!!

My FIL JUST took the train from Salem to NOLA, and it was a disaster!

True story: He was supposed to arrive in New Orleans on Monday morning, but the train got stuck behind a draw bridge that was out (stuck up) and couldn't pass. They waited for HOURS for buses to take them the rest of the way and he missed his flights to the Keys to meet my husband. So he missed a whole day or more out of a 4 day stay in the Keys. Which really sucks. I have no idea what compensation they gave his as I've not talked to either of them yet, but :scared::scared::scared:

Generally, yes, I'd agree, the train is awesome..... slow but nice. No driving, decent food, a place to lie down. But....

I'm a curried chicken kind of guy which is pretty good health-wise, but then my achilles heel is pork fried rice with lots of the "pink sauce", which is all carbs and sugar. For that reason I only do Chinese every once in a great while. I'd much rather have sushi.

JUST made curry chicken tonight Mmm, it smelled great simmering, but I had to leave for my night shift before it was done. Love me some pork fried rice too. Made that last week to freeze for family while I'm gone. As for sushi? Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! One of my all-time faves!

Very cool scenario, maybe one day I'll fit something like that in!

Just let me know!

No, not too far away at all. I make my way up north 3 or 4 times a year, I'm sure a summer meetup could definitely happen!

Again, door's always open. Let me know!

Thankyee kindly and same here, I'm the southern Oregon hotel for friends and relatives :thumbsup2

Don't make it down that way very often, but will surely let you know when we do!

Devious? Yes.

Genius? Even more so!

<note to self. Never share pizza with @Steppesister or @vamassey1

I see we have some back pedaling going on... ;)

:scared:

True story: He was supposed to arrive in New Orleans on Monday morning, but the train got stuck behind a draw bridge that was out (stuck up) and couldn't pass. They waited for HOURS for buses to take them the rest of the way and he missed his flights to the Keys to meet my husband. So he missed a whole day or more out of a 4 day stay in the Keys. Which really sucks. I have no idea what compensation they gave his as I've not talked to either of them yet, but :scared::scared::scared:

Oh, no! That sucks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter