ABCs of A Trip Worth Waiting For + PNWMM: P: A Practically Perfect Pacific NW Mouse Meet- pg. 26

Thanks so much for sharing your trip(s) with us! I'm so looking forward to hearing about the adventures you have coming up whenever you're ready. Sending positivity and prayers your way for Africa and beyond!

I haven't read any TR's in quite some time and glad to be able to read some tonight. You were quite busy with everything going on and the Mouse Meet and trip to Seattle. The Mouse Meet looked fun to go to. You took quite a lot of nice pictures during the Seattle trip.

Hi Liesa
Have enjoyed reading your trip report to Disney land with the mini one to Seattle.Your writing style has been great acompanied with lots of great photos.You managed to cram quite a few things into your three hour visit to the tourist area the Si fi section of the museum looked a worthwhile visit I had to Google the saying to see what it ment very apropiate for a saying in the center of a maze. Sad to see a trip report comming to an end but will be looking out for your next one .Now you have less than two weeks till you are back in WDW the most magical place on earth enjoy your dapper Dan day.

Thanks for reading along, Stuart! It's been great to have you here. :)

We sure did! Lot's to see and do in there. One could easily spend a whole day in the Seattle Center and have a good time.

Yes, 10 days (almost 9 now) until I'm back gathering more stories to share. I hope you'll join me in the next Adventures of Steppe!

Love the the ABCs of a Very Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet! I wish I was closer so I could join in. Just looks like so much fun.

It was very fun, and very well done. Very professional yet, whimsical and Disney in every way.

The outside of this looks amazing. Don't think I have ever seen anything like it.

It was a VERY odd building. A one of a kind by the architect, Gehry. Believe it or not, it's affectionately known as "The Hemorrhoids" because of its shape. Little known fact you needed to know. You're welcome.

Looks to me like he was floored to see you!

LOL! :lmao:

Yup. You did stay out of trouble with those tiny little Tribbles right?

They are troublesome! But we did manage. ;)

Did you plan to match your outfit to this display? LOL it seriously is perfect for it!

Totally unplanned! But I did notice that and was happy it worked out that way.

Daughter update! Went to the Cardiologist to be cleared for her Angio. They scared the life out of me at first, stating they thought she might also have a Coarctation of the Aorta. 4 hours later, and 1 ankle-branchial index test later, we found she did not. Her surgery is scheduled 11/10/17 at 6 AM.

Thank you so much for letting us know! I will certainly be in prayer for her for this surgery in a few days. Do let me know how she comes through it, okay? I will check here to see while I'm gone!

Not quite over jet lag but work waits for no one...regular work week starts tomorrow.

And how has re-entry been??

I think you've done a great job covering the highlights of the mouse meet--your photos are pretty much what we have since my camera battery failed really early on. The couple pics I've tried to paste aren't taking--keep getting an error.

Why does this not surprise me? PB gave me fits for days trying to upload and then the DIS did the same. Super frustrating!

I will pay ridiculous amounts of money for anything unique that portrays my favorite mermaid.

I'm still glad you got that. It really is a very nice piece!

My Kirk screaming "Khaaaaannnnnn" face is really scary--I might give myself nightmares tonight.

:rotfl: You did a great job. The photo of me didn't turn out (blurry), but I can't say I'm too terribly disappointed in that.

I will never be able to say Amazeballs Crispy Space Crumb with a straight face. Still waiting on recognition from NASA for our amazing discovery...

I will interested to hear about what kind of situation you'd be in in order to have occasion to say that. ;) :rolleyes1

I wish I had the guts to wear some of the costumes behind closed doors that David Bowie wore on stage.

Like this??

2d07a5270eed3daf8bd6d494ba056775--david-bowie-costume-stage-photo.jpg

or how about this:

Jared-Goblin-King-Labyrinth-David-Bowie-c.jpg

Following the yellow painted swirly road has the same dizzy effect as those dastardly spinning teacups.

Oh... yes... the Puke Cups.

Finally...being the cracker to Liesa's cheese is an awesome time. Can't wait to do it all again next year!

YAY!!!

See????
I told you.

Are you our resident clairvoyant??

Um... there was that one time I got the chocolate and caramel covered rice krispie bar that was as big as my head from Karamel Kuche....

:rolleyes2

I'd have given a lot to get a POC Blood Glucose on you after you ate that. Or even half of it.

Heh.
Reminds me of a documentary I watched on Pizza.
It focused on the States, but it did go to Italy. There they asked kids where pizza originated. Almost all knew it was Italy.
Except for one lad of about 10-12 who said "America?"
Which was followed by a swift swat to the back of the head by a nearby adult.

HAHA, I can just see a little old Italian Grandma making sure he was corrected. LOL!

Ah. Ya like 'em young and swarthy, do ya?

I wouldn't complain if one served me pizza. ;)

Oh, Lord. That looks (and sounds!) delish.

It was yummy!

That looks good! Too bad they accidentally spilled olives on it though.

:sad2:

Too bad about forgetting the suit.
That really does look inviting.
Your own little grotto.

I was sad. Sad I missed the free happy hour too.

You'd eat a lot of popcorn before you caught me skinny dipping in a pubic hot tub. ;)

You became more alert and less tired?

Yes. But not because of the coffee.

:eek:
And... the end. No more TR. It ends in a fiery explosion.
Good grief!!!

Close. Very close.

(not really, but made for a dramatic TR, no?)

My reason for visiting Seattle. Must see this.

You will NOT be disappointed. There is both an indoor and outdoor section- both full of amazing blown glass.

That's insane! Must be a captive audience.... drivers... parkers.... whatever.

It was insulting.

Do you have any idea how long I looked at that, before reading the text below it?
MoPOF? What's MoPOF??????

LOL! Museum of Perfectly Other-worldly Fluff?

This too. I was thinking "Red shirt? What does that have to do with Data?"

And then the nickel dropped.
:laughing:

Reading may save your life one day. ;)

1. Move your thumbs to the side and away from your hand, not over your palm.
2. Get your pinky and ring finger together!
Like this:

I wasn't ready for the photo!!

(Okay, fine. I had no idea how to properly pull this off.)

Not bad!!!

You shoulda been less worried about a red shirt and more worried about wearing a skirt!

:rolleyes1

Another dude losing his head over a girl in a short skirt. :rolleyes:

:rotfl2:

Were they much trouble?

Eventually we got control of the situation. It cost a few Red Shirts, but all's well that ends well.

Okay, that's frickin' awesome!

She pulled it off perfectly!

Whoa! I would not want to meet you in a dark alley... or even a well lit one!

Resistance is futile...

:bitelip:

Cute photo of the two of you. :)

:goodvibes

Does Disney know about this? They're gonna be in trouble!

I'm not sure why Disney themselves isn't in trouble. :confused:

I am beginning to realize that about you, yes.

I can guarantee there will be a bit of listening to live music starting in 9 days.

Nice capture! You have a really good eye, Liesa.

Thanks! I really hope to bring back some nice photos from both Disney and Sierra Leone soon....

You know you could have just walked straight to it, right?

But then what would be the point of it being a maze?

Doubt I'll be able to, considering I'm heading to the West coast in April, but you never know!

Well keep it in your back pocket... I"m hoping Alison and Fran will consider it as well. :)

Yay!
Thanks for sharing this one with us! :goodvibes

You're very welcome. Another one starting soon....

Thanks so much for sharing your trip(s) with us! I'm so looking forward to hearing about the adventures you have coming up whenever you're ready. Sending positivity and prayers your way for Africa and beyond!

You're very welcome! I've enjoyed taking you along with me. :) Only 9 days left until the Adventures begin!

I haven't read any TR's in quite some time and glad to be able to read some tonight. You were quite busy with everything going on and the Mouse Meet and trip to Seattle. The Mouse Meet looked fun to go to. You took quite a lot of nice pictures during the Seattle trip.

Thanks, Bret! :) Glad I could provide some fun to your evening! :) Maybe you can join up at the MM next year; not such a long ways for you!

It was a VERY odd building. A one of a kind by the architect, Gehry. Believe it or not, it's affectionately known as "The Hemorrhoids" because of its shape. Little known fact you needed to know. You're welcome.

A Gehry! Really!
But.... did not need to know the rest.

Ew.

Can't... un-see.... :faint:

Are you our resident clairvoyant??

I knew you were going to say that.

I'd have given a lot to get a POC Blood Glucose on you after you ate that. Or even half of it.

It would've been fine.
Pretty sure about that actually.

HAHA, I can just see a little old Italian Grandma making sure he was corrected. LOL!

::yes::

I wouldn't complain if one served me pizza. ;)

;)

I was sad. Sad I missed the free happy hour too.

You're oh for two!

You'd eat a lot of popcorn before you caught me skinny dipping in a pubic hot tub. ;)

That's okay. I really like popcorn.

Close. Very close.

(not really, but made for a dramatic TR, no?)

Yes.

You will NOT be disappointed. There is both an indoor and outdoor section- both full of amazing blown glass.

Must. Go.

Soon.

LOL! Museum of Perfectly Other-worldly Fluff?

:laughing: So that's what it is!

I wasn't ready for the photo!!

(Okay, fine. I had no idea how to properly pull this off.)

I knew it!

Another dude losing his head over a girl in a short skirt. :rolleyes:

:rotfl2:

Eventually we got control of the situation. It cost a few Red Shirts, but all's well that ends well.

Meh. That's what they're there for.

Resistance is futile...

I believe this!

I can guarantee there will be a bit of listening to live music starting in 9 days.

I'm sure there will be!

But then what would be the point of it being a maze?

The point being you can think (or walk) outside the box.

Admit it, you yourself have had a giant, sugary “snack” at Disney for a meal at least once.
Do Gaston's cinnamon rolls count? :rolleyes1

Yes, I’ve gone commando at Disney. Yes, I’ve skinny dipped a fair amount in my life. But, tonight was not a night I particularly wanted to get arrested. So, we basically went back to the room, I took a dip in the bathtub, and went to bed. Lesson learned!
Where's your sense of adventure????

Because, well, we all know what happens when it hasn’t rained in a long while and the streets get wet, don’t we?
That's when it gets fun! You can show off your impressive drifting skills!

:eek: A Star Wars shirt at at Star Trek exhibit??? And the world didn't implode????

We’d had a wonderful weekend together and I will say the PNWMM is definitely an event worth going to. Loads of fun to be had!!
I'm glad it was such a fun event (and a nice weekend in Seattle) :thumbsup2

Like this??

2d07a5270eed3daf8bd6d494ba056775--david-bowie-costume-stage-photo.jpg

YES!--this was the one I was remembering. There were a couple of shots in different poses that were really walking a very fine line.....

:eek: A Star Wars shirt at at Star Trek exhibit??? And the world didn't implode????

We had moved on to a different exhibit in the museum....Nothing to see here folks--please set your phasers back to stun.

Brown Sugar Mozz Bread for $7.25

Mmmmm. I love bread especially with melted cheese on it.

But, it was pretty good pizza, nonetheless, and we made a pretty good dent in it.

Pizza looks good too, and I like the olives.

The hotel has a SUPER, UBER cool hot tub. And I didn’t have a suit.

Made this mistake before too.

acked up on caffeine, I fishtailed my way onto I-5 S back towards Seattle, while Kari, no doubt, peed herself right there on my car seat.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaw!

Sounds like a fun ride.

The Museum of Pop Art. It has rotating exhibits and today’s offerings seemed fun to explore: David Bowie, The World of Fantasy Fiction, Star Trek and much more!

What a neat museum. So much to see and do.

Silly was the name of the game for us both, and we probably had a little too much fun being dorks to the hilt. But, Kari is the cracker to my cheese, and I suppose I’m the Spock to her Kirk. Enjoy a dose of Girl Silly today:

I really enjoyed your silliness. So much easier to be silly with a friend.

A mere 2 weeks until Steppe heads out on her next adventure. Be watching for a brand new TR where all of the antics and silliness can be found. Where we can all hang out, share stories, and be friends. Until then,

I'm really looking forward to your next adventure.

A Gehry! Really!
But.... did not need to know the rest.

Ew.

Hey, I didn't coin that nickname!

Can't... un-see.... :faint:

I think that was the point.

I knew you were going to say that.

:D

It would've been fine.
Pretty sure about that actually.

You are one lucky guy!

You're oh for two!

:sad1:

That's okay. I really like popcorn.

The point being you can think (or walk) outside the box.

I try.

Do Gaston's cinnamon rolls count? :rolleyes1

Why yes. Yes, they do. And I can neither confirm nor deny I've done that.

Where's your sense of adventure????

.... ummm.... off to W. Africa!

That's when it gets fun! You can show off your impressive drifting skills!

And I have them!

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

I'm glad it was such a fun event (and a nice weekend in Seattle) :thumbsup2

Thanks, Andy!

YES!--this was the one I was remembering. There were a couple of shots in different poses that were really walking a very fine line.....

Yes, they were. :blush::blush::blush:

We had moved on to a different exhibit in the museum....Nothing to see here folks--please set your phasers back to stun.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Mmmmm. I love bread especially with melted cheese on it.

Me too!! Mmmm!!!

Pizza looks good too, and I like the olives.

@pkondz 2 to 1....

Made this mistake before too.

:headache:

Sounds like a fun ride.

Well, er... exciting anyway!

I really enjoyed your silliness. So much easier to be silly with a friend.

For sure!!

I'm really looking forward to your next adventure.

You're in luck!

I’m going back to “O”, so bear with me! Yes, I’ve had to brave that PDX to SEA commute and at rush hour end in Seattle is almost unbearable. And I’ve had Google Maps do that to me, getting off the highway and back on a couple of miles later. In my case it helped me around an accident so it worked out well. But it does have a mind of its own!

Sounds like I need a tour of Karilynn’s house! Chinese-American is always a winner for filling you up and inducing a good food coma, my wife and I did just that last night. Nice suite you two got! Very cool door decorations :thumbsup2

P! – I had never even heard of a “Mouse Meet”. The Indy in his jeep was awesome! Nice that the raffles supported such great charities. Huzzah for getting to talk to such a cool and inspirational Imagineer. And yay for goodies. LOVED the Mad Hatter Tea Party and Andy’s Room!!!!

Awesome to meet the “voices” of Disneyland and Cali Adventure, so cool that they are married. I would have had him to the voicemail message thing too :banana: And also meeting Mike and Patty, I have seen their work at the Walt Disney Family Museum at the Presidio. We are lucky enough to have Phil Young here in the Rogue Valley:

PhilYoung.jpg

(you can see the captain of the palace guards from Aladdin on the table in front of him)

He is a former Diney Animator who worked on 16 Disney films including The Fox and the Hound, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast (he did Mrs. Potts and Chip), Aladdin (he did the Palace Guards), Lion King (he did Mufasa!!!), Mulan, and The Emperor’s New Groove (he did Kuzco/Kuzco Llama!). My son and I took a class from him and learned how to create a character, sketch it out from multiple viewpoints, and then use those drawings to create a “Maquette”, a small three-dimensional statue of the character. We did a dog/western theme and I made the undertaker for the town:

Undertaker.jpg

It was a very cool experience that we very much enjoyed and hope to take again in the future.

Q! – Yes, pizza is Italian all day! Looked like some good stuff. Bummer about forgetting the swimsuit, I’ve learned to pack it on every trip – you just never know!

Glad you didn’t have a wipe-out on those slick roads. It looked like a really cool time at the Seattle Center. My wife and mother-in-law have been down there and ate in the Space needle but I’ve never been to that part of the city. Huzzah for Tribbles!!!! You look good in “Borg” :D Bummer that the Bowie exhibit wasn’t better.

Yeah, those meetups end far too quickly. I have Beard Club meetups and it is the same with those. I’d love to get into Disney meetups but fear I would have to travel to at least PDX to do one.

Off to jump in on “Another Steppe Into Adventure!!”

Coining the name is okay. Having them is not.

I know. :scared:

Meh. Two people out of 7 billion...

As long as I'm not forced to like overcooked broccoli.

I’m going back to “O”, so bear with me! Yes, I’ve had to brave that PDX to SEA commute and at rush hour end in Seattle is almost unbearable. And I’ve had Google Maps do that to me, getting off the highway and back on a couple of miles later. In my case it helped me around an accident so it worked out well. But it does have a mind of its own!

It is brutal. Glad I don't do it very often. I'd say the train is faster, but it's just... not.

Sounds like I need a tour of Karilynn’s house! Chinese-American is always a winner for filling you up and inducing a good food coma, my wife and I did just that last night. Nice suite you two got! Very cool door decorations :thumbsup2

It is full of fun stuff!

I don't do Chinese very often because it's usually so full of fat and carbs, but once in a while is really nice. I love the Kung Pao anything and garlic beef and veggies.

P! – I had never even heard of a “Mouse Meet”. The Indy in his jeep was awesome! Nice that the raffles supported such great charities. Huzzah for getting to talk to such a cool and inspirational Imagineer. And yay for goodies. LOVED the Mad Hatter Tea Party and Andy’s Room!!!!

Mouse Meets are very much like DISMeets except on a Megascale. Well, okay, more like Comicon but just Disney. ;)

I'd love to go out for a lunch with Charita- really such a fine woman!

Awesome to meet the “voices” of Disneyland and Cali Adventure, so cool that they are married. I would have had him to the voicemail message thing too :banana: And also meeting Mike and Patty, I have seen their work at the Walt Disney Family Museum at the Presidio. We are lucky enough to have Phil Young here in the Rogue Valley:

It's fun to get a backstage perspective of the company so to speak. Such talent there!

He is a former Diney Animator who worked on 16 Disney films including The Fox and the Hound, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast (he did Mrs. Potts and Chip), Aladdin (he did the Palace Guards), Lion King (he did Mufasa!!!), Mulan, and The Emperor’s New Groove (he did Kuzco/Kuzco Llama!). My son and I took a class from him and learned how to create a character, sketch it out from multiple viewpoints, and then use those drawings to create a “Maquette”, a small three-dimensional statue of the character. We did a dog/western theme and I made the undertaker for the town:

Undertaker.jpg

What a cool class to take! How totally awesome! Super impressed BTW!

Q! – Yes, pizza is Italian all day! Looked like some good stuff. Bummer about forgetting the swimsuit, I’ve learned to pack it on every trip – you just never know!

Yes, I think it'll be going in as an automatic from now on.

Glad you didn’t have a wipe-out on those slick roads. It looked like a really cool time at the Seattle Center. My wife and mother-in-law have been down there and ate in the Space needle but I’ve never been to that part of the city. Huzzah for Tribbles!!!! You look good in “Borg” :D Bummer that the Bowie exhibit wasn’t better.

Yeah me too, cuz I really love my rig. (GMC Envoy) Never eaten in the Needle, but hear it's pretty good.

I regenerate every chance I get.

Yeah, those meetups end far too quickly. I have Beard Club meetups and it is the same with those. I’d love to get into Disney meetups but fear I would have to travel to at least PDX to do one.

Well, Salem isn't toooo far away! Tammie has come from Grant's Pass, ya know. ;) Maybe we should start planning a summer Meet??

Off to jump in on “Another Steppe Into Adventure!!”

The front door's always open. Beer's in the fridge. :)

Meh. Two people out of 7 billion...

I know this won't help my cause, but DH hates black olives too. I always put them on my half of the pizza to keep him from eating it. He eats his half and always goes after mine if I don't.

I know this won't help my cause, but DH hates black olives too. I always put them on my half of the pizza to keep him from eating it. He eats his half and always goes after mine if I don't.
Whoa.... dang.... that's....... devious.

Remind me never to get on your bad side.

Not that you have one!!!! :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter