AAA Disney Character Storytelling question

justintime

Mouseketeer
Has anyone done this that can tell me what it is like. I have a 5 yr old DS and 3 yr old DD. About how long is it? My AAA TA said you can only make reservation 24 hours in advance. Does that sound right? I would like to know which days of the week they do it so I could plan my dining reservations around it. It seems odd that they wouldn't let you make reservations any earlier than that.

I was wondering about this also. I am taking a 2 1/2 yo in June.

Has anyone done this that can tell me what it is like. I have a 5 yr old DS and 3 yr old DD. About how long is it? My AAA TA said you can only make reservation 24 hours in advance. Does that sound right? I would like to know which days of the week they do it so I could plan my dining reservations around it. It seems odd that they wouldn't let you make reservations any earlier than that.

Actually you have to make your reservations AT LEAST 24 hours in advance. I just called a few days ago to make ressies for 2/11. I think it lasts around 20 minutes, and I've heard good things about it. From what I understand, it's a small group of children, so they get a lot of attention from the character. I've heard about various characters in the past, but I don't think you know who it's going to be until you get there.

The way I look at it, it's free and it doesn't take much time, so what is there to lose? :)

Is this available to all AAA members, or only if you booked your package through them?

It is free to anyone who booked a package through AAA but those are the only people who can attend. They will give you vouchers when you pick up the rest of your stuff. I believe you can book it 90 days out - I booked ours at the end of October for next week. The CM said it takes about 20 minutes and we should arrive about 15 minutes early. It runs twice a week - Mondays and Thursdays - I think there were four times - 4:30, 5:10, 5:50 and 6:30. A character comes and reads a story to the kids and then signs autographs, takes pictures, etc. You won't know the character until you arrive but I have read about it being characters like Aladdin, Wendy from Peter Pan, etc. Like OP stated, the kids supposedly get a lot of one on one time with the character. As for ages, my guess would be 2 - 10 or any age child that enjoys the characters.

we are going on 1/28 to the 4:30 show, my DD is almost 8 and really looking forward to it!

I believe you have to book a certain type of package to receive the storytime vouchers. We booked the Magic Your Way Plus Dining, so we got it. I don't think you get it if you are not doing the dining plan. I could be wrong, but I think that's the deal.

You have to book the package with dining to get it - we can't decide if we are doing dining yet or not - so unless we sign up for dining we don't get it.

We just went in September. My boys were 6.5 and 2.5. It was very short. We spent more time waitindg to get in then the actual story time. But it was great because the kids could go up and take pictures & get autographs without a long wait. We went at 6:30pm and there were only like 10 families there. We had Peter Pan at ours. It was cute & free...you can't beat that!:thumbsup2

We went in Nov., my kids are 4 & 1 1/2 and they both likes and it was short enough that we all enjoyed it. We had Alice. And They have a fun area to take pictures at while your waiting. Also there weren't many other families so it was very intimate.
47b7cf26b3127ccebf21c5baad9300000026101AZsXLhszbMY

47b7cf26b3127ccebf21ccd2ed6700000025101AZsXLhszbMY

There are other "sets" but I won't ruin the surprise!!
Don't miss it if you get the chance!! It was a lot of FUN!!

We went last November. We made our reservations about 2 months before hand. You find out what character is there when you arrive.
We had Aladdin, he read a story, asked the kids some questions, and took pictures with everyone. We were there Thanksgiving week, and even then it wasn't too crowded, maybe 10 other families.
My kids loved it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter