• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AAA Discounts

Susie Dismom

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know do you have to book a package through AAA to receive their discounts on food and merch. through the parks and Downtown Disney? Or, can I just show my card?

When you book through AAA, you receive a Diamond Card which you use for the discounts. You can't use your regular membership card, and you can only get the diamond card if you book through them. IMO, it is not worth it to book with AAA solely for the diamond card. If you are a DC member, the deals are almost exactly the same. Also, it is much cheaper to book the separate components of your package yourself. We used AAA last June, and are doing it ourselves this June and are saving about $600 and staying at a moderate rather than a deluxe. I used part of the savings to join the DC, so I will get the same benefits as booking through AAA plus saving $560 ($600 minus DC membership of $40). Hope this helps:)

When you book through AAA, you receive a Diamond Card which you use for the discounts. You can't use your regular membership card, and you can only get the diamond card if you book through them. IMO, it is not worth it to book with AAA solely for the diamond card. If you are a DC member, the deals are almost exactly the same. Also, it is much cheaper to book the separate components of your package yourself. We used AAA last June, and are doing it ourselves this June and are saving about $600 and staying at a moderate rather than a value. I used part of the savings to join the DC, so I will get the same benefits as booking through AAA plus saving $560 ($600 minus DC membership of $40). Hope this helps:)

They must have changed that because when I booked (by ignorance and mistake) a package with them four years ago, I could use my card to get AAA discounts anywhere they took it at WDW.
And yes, the DC card give you exactly the same discounts as AAA, or should I say AAA give you exactly the same discounts as DC in onsite resorts, without paying $30 - $40 extra plus the road service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter