AAA Discounts disappearing everywhere

The DMV is definitely a bonus. However, in July I had to renew my registration. There was over an hour wait. Apparently a ton of people use the service now. I remember just 2 years ago when you could walk in with no wait

Not sure what state you are in but here in Maryland I can renew registration online. They just sent me my notice for one of my vehicles.

Better World Club I switched from AAA to BWC several years ago. They contract with the same local auto services as AAA. Very responsive anytime I've called.
Just wanted to say I looked at this group after you posted and decided they are not the type of business I want to support. A group that funds the "The World Naked Bike Ride in Portland, OR." doesn't share my values. But fine if you do.

I carried AAA on my son since he started driving. He drove a really old jeep and then a kind of old truck. He went to boot camp on August 6 this year and there is no reason to carry AAA on him until we know where and what he will be doing afterwards. I called in August to cancel and the lady was not very helpful. At first she told me I could cancel because it had renewed. Which I had never heard before that you can not. Once she looked into the account, it had been charged but the actually dates had not started for that new period (started in Sept). So, she said we could cancel and it would be refunded.
It made me a little mad how I was being talked to. I didn't like it at all.
My dad had GoodSam for his RV 3 years ago. He had a tire blow on the RV in Dallas, Tx on the highway. It took the guy over 2 hours to get out there. My dad was pissed! He should have brought his jack and did it himself (we bring ours for our RV). He does now. But, he does not want
GoodSam anymore. One poster above mentioned Allstate for their RV. I will look into that!

My dad had GoodSam for his RV 3 years ago. He had a tire blow on the RV in Dallas, Tx on the highway. It took the guy over 2 hours to get out there. My dad was pissed!
Good Sam is a mixed bag, to their credit the RV forum side has a section called Dear Marcus, routinely people post about poor service, they do have some staff that do respond and generally seem to be helpful. But I'm not sure it's the best marking play as you read a lot of upset people. All that said RVs are not cars and not all tow companies have the ability to address issues. A 2-hour wait for an RV repair seems pretty good, IMHO. I've read about some waiting much longer even to get a phone call back. That said if you are looking for RV roadside I would check out two other options; the FMCA (Family Motor Coach Assn) used to work with Coach-Net but they split off and have their own service now, they are open to all RVs, and then also check out Coach-Net, also open to all RVs too.

Using the Roadside assistance provided by your insurance company doesn't affect your insurance rate. I have used the Roadside assistance provided by State Farm several times and it doesn't affect my rates. Your car breaking down has nothing to do with you being a good driver or not.

I had my safe driver discount revoked due to three roadside assistance claims. I’ve never used it through my insurance provider again.

Where does the AAA discount come from?
Does AAA reimburse the provider or attraction or other company for offering an AAA discount?
Is the AAA discount just something that the provider or attraction offers the customer who shows a membership card?
What's in it for the provider or attraction? Does the AAA discount attract more customers (who of course must be AAA members) in a net way that profits go up? If no quick results come to the provider or attraction for offering the discounts then it is no surprise that providers and attractions are stopping offering AAA discounts.

I am not talking about AAA ratings for hotels which are a completely different animal altogether. The AAA rating, which does not result in an AAA discount, is supposed to assure the customer that the hotel meets certain cleanliness and other standards.

Not sure what state you are in but here in Maryland I can renew registration online. They just sent me my notice for one of my vehicles.

Same is Washington. They don't want you going to the DMV for license and car tabs renewals. You are supposed to do those online.

Just wanted to say I looked at this group after you posted and decided they are not the type of business I want to support. A group that funds the "The World Naked Bike Ride in Portland, OR." doesn't share my values. But fine if you do.

Maybe they just care about profits. The woman who sponsors the naked bicycle rides in Seattle is very conservative.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter