A Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah trip report - Pre Trip Planning

Jonjo

Mouseketeer
A Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah trip report

Disneyland Resort Paris, 2nd – 7th June 2008

Just back from a wonderful if a little damp trip to DLRP. We were in the magic for six days and I apologise if it’s a little long so I have split the report up. Between us DW and I took 1,241 photos. I will upload a selection of them soon and post the link.

The Cast
Jonathan (DH) 38
Disney fan since a small child, the first movie my mother took me to see when I was about four was Song of the South, and Mister bluebird has been sitting on my shoulder ever since. I enjoy the movies, and the Imagineering of the parks. I also enjoy reading about the history of the Walt Disney Company the parks themselves.

Sharon (DW) 33
Huge Stitch fanatic and loves all the musicals. Not a great fan of extreme rides and likes to use the chicken doors alot. She realy enjoys the ambiance and the Imagineering of DLRP.

Stitch 2 ½
Unfortunately our cat Stitch could not come along, and so she went on her own little holiday at our friendly local cattery where she gets totally pampered.

Pre Trip Planning
In the second week of January upon impulse on a Friday I popped into the travel agents during my lunch hour and picked up a DLRP brochure and over the weekend DW and I started to plan our trip. By the next Monday afternoon our trip to DLRP was booked.

In 2005 to celebrate out first wedding anniversary, we stayed for three nights, four days. This time we decided that we wanted a more relaxing time and booked a five nights, six days trip staying at Disney’s Hotel Cheyenne, arriving on the direct Eurostar service from St. Pancras International taking advantage of the Disney Express Luggage Service. We also chose the Half Board Plus dinning option, and added a Character Meal at Café Mickey, a Character Tea Party at Plaza Gardens and pre booked for the Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Show.

Since booking our trip we have become shareholders of Euro Disney S.C.A. and joined the Shareholders Club, I know we did this the wrong way around, but at least we will get the discount on the accommodation the next time we book. Our shareholder discounts at the restaurants and stores. did come in handy.

As the Eurostar leaves London at 8.55 am, this mean catching the 6.30 am train to Kings Cross from our village in Cambridgeshire and after double checking the train fares we worked out it would cost us the same to travel on the cheaper non-commuter packed train on a Sunday taking advantage of my Rail Card discount and enabling us to stay overnight in London. So a room in the Kings Cross Travelodge was booked.

Oh my gosh! How odd! My future inlaws are called Sharon and Jonathan! Lol!

Sounds all set up and ready to go! Looking forward to hearing more about the trip!

Bob xoxox

Welcome back! How exciting! Can;t wait to hear how it all went!!

How cute about your cat! Mine is 2 1/2 too! :-) She's called Bella.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter