A Week in Disney Where You Get Halloween AND Christmas!

skyblue17

DIS Veteran
Hi all! I just got home from an awesome week in Disney, wrote up a whole recap of my trip and realized I didn't really have anywhere to share it! A friend mentioned she often reads the trip reports here, so here I am! I have a feeling I will be hanging around, as I am definitely Disney-ified now!

Since I'm not entirely sure of the best format to post my looooong report, I guess I'll start with the basics of our trip and then go day by day?

Us: Three single women in our 30s
Our Stay: October 28th - November 3rd
Our Home Base: Port Orleans French Quarter
Our Disney Experience: I hadn't been to WDW since I was 17, which was 18 years ago but have been to Disneyland three times in the past 12 years. My two close friends & travel companions have been to WDW more recently and often than I, and used their knowledge to make sure we were planned as efficiently as possible!
Our Day Layout: We had a 5-day Park Hopper, tickets to Mickey's Halloween Party and one rest day
Our Photo Situation: We had a MemoryMaker because why not! With the three of us being on our first WDW trip together (we had done Disneyland together once as well), we decided to make the most of the chances to get fun photos, making sure we didn't get TOO hung up on it.
Our Ride Preferences: Varied! I like the more thrilling and exciting rides, my friends are more into the smooth rides, "tour" style rides and shows. So we did a little of everything and separated a few times.
Our Verdict: WE LOVED IT! Already talking about a return trip and even toured a few possible resorts to stay at while there.

More to come!

Table of Contents:
DAY ONE: Arrival & Hollywood Studios
DAY TWO: Easy Morning/Afternoon & Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
DAY THREE: Epcot
DAY FOUR: Magic Kingdom and Epcot
DAY FIVE: Pool Day & Disney Springs
DAY SIX: Animal Kingdom
DAY SEVEN: Magic Kingdom and Epcot

Last edited:
DAY ONE - Arrival & Hollywood Studios

After an on-time departure and uneventful flight, landed in Orlando around 9:30am. We were able to hop right on to a Magical Express upon arriving at the departure area. Our bus was making stops at only four resorts, French Quarter being the third. We were at the hotel in under an hour and were beyond pleased to find that a room was ready for us upon arrival (especially since it was only 11am!). Not only that but our room was perfectly located (I believe my friend had requested a “close” room when making our reservation). French Quarter isn’t nearly as large as some resorts but still does sprawl outward quite a bit. We were in the front corner of Building Five, overlooking the pool area and about the shortest walk to the lobby, buses and food court as possible.

I guess I should mention now that we opted to try the program where you receive a $50 gift card by choosing not to have housekeeping during your stay. At the time we checked in, this seemed like a fine trade off but ultimately, we decided we wouldn’t do it again unless some changes are made. The reimbursement should either be slightly larger, done based by length of stay (unless that is the case and they just didn’t specify that aspect to us) or include a mid-stay freshen up. It’s not so much that you NEED new sheets so often but with few places to sit in the room, the sheets can get a little more traffic than they might at home so just having a re-set halfway through would be good, as would a towel pickup & dropoff. We were fine with “taking out” our own garbage though, and otherwise didn’t mind the lack of housekeeping service.

After freshening up, we stopped into the food court (Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory!) to get our refillable mugs for our stay, as well as a little lunch. These mugs are such great idea, especially for a stay as long as ours. We ultimately ended up using them to get coffee right before bed each night to put in our room fridge and drink as iced coffee in the morning, saving us quite a bit of morning coffee money. We also refilled them each day before leaving for the parks to have a jump off on thirst-quenching (or in some cases, extra caffeine. I will miss that raspberry Diet Coke!).

Even though we had gotten up at 3am for our flight, we had a full day at Hollywood Studios planned and shortly set off to explore! Our first FastPass of our trip was for Toy Story Mania so we headed right over toward that ride. On the way, we passed Goofy, so stopped for photos. Goofy is my favorite so I was super excited to stumble upon him so quickly and easily! I enjoyed Toy Story but it was the first of quite a few “I’m glad we had a FastPass for this!” experiences. As great as many of the ride experiences can be, I found there were few that I doubt I would have found as satisfying if I had waited a significantly long time for them.

This is one of the parks where our ride preferences split us up a bit. I loved Rock ‘n’ Rollercoster when I visited in high school and remember darting back and forth between it and Tower of Terror for hours on a particular empty night where there were no waits for either ride, so I was psyched to ride it again. While my friends went to the Frozen Singalong, I headed to the single-rider line at Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster. I was able to ride this twice while they were singing, definitely saving time vs. the regular standby line. I’m also glad I went twice because my first ride, at the back of the train, did not remind me of the ride I had loved as a teenager but being in the front car certainly did! Huge difference between front and back on this particular ride! We came back together to use our FastPass for Tower of Terror, the ride my friends chose to be “brave” on, and it was also great to have that! Let’s just say our photo from the ride accurately summed up our individual feelings about it, and I’m the one giving the thumbs up!

We ended the day with Fantasmic! We had done the dinner package and eaten at Mama Melrose’s. I thought it was a great deal for a Prix Fixe meal, especially since you could order any entree on the menu (I had the steak) and it was nice to not have to worry about seating for the show. This was the only day it rained at all during our stay and just before the show was due to start, an announcement was made that it was possible it would be delayed or canceled but luckily neither happened! I had never seen Fantasmic before and loved it! I don’t know if it was because I was so happy to be at Disney or so tired from a long day of travel and fun but I actually cried at the end! It was a great way to end our first day at Disney.

DAY TWO - Light Morning & Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

We planned this day to be a bit of a recovery from our long first day. Since we had Halloween Party tickets for the evening, we decided to take it easy in the first half of the day and let Magic Kingdom be our only park of the day.

We started out our day with brunch at The Wave in the Contemporary Resort. We took a Lyft over from French Quarter, which was super quick and easy. All three of us got the refillable mimosas (part of why we chose this particular restaurant!) and the breakfast buffet. It was great! The spread included some general breakfast items as well as yummy takes on the classics. The smaller amounts of food on the line meant they ran out of things relatively quickly, making the line a bit long at times, but you also know it is freshly made, which is a fine tradeoff for me. I recommend the grits, hash brown casserole and eggs benedict with key lime hollandaise!

After brunch, we took the monorail around the lagoon loop and resort-hopped a bit, checking out the Polynesian and Grand Floridian before heading to Magic Kingdom to get the bus back to French Quarter to freshen up and get our costumes on. Since Halloween Party guests can’t enter Magic Kingdom until 4pm, it was actually a perfect and fun activity to fill our early afternoon!

We got to the park early enough to ride Aladdin’s magic carpets, get Dole Whip floats (I dream of these), ride Pirates and get dinner at Pecos Bill’s all before the party actually began and were able to really just wander and enjoy the party itself for most of the rest of the night!

We had a lot of fun at the Halloween Party! We really enjoyed how into it everyone was, almost everyone there was in costume, most of them very fun & clever. We stayed from 4pm til closing at midnight, enjoying the villains show at the castle, the parade, trick or treating (because why not, right!), getting photos with costumed characters and getting on some of the Fantasyland/Tomorrowland rides with little to no wait. While it’s obviously more geared toward kids and families, we enjoyed ourselves and didn’t feel like it was ONLY for kids and families (Disney is pretty good at this in general!). Perhaps one of my favorite moments was hanging out with Captain Jack Sparrow, who definitely caters his conversation to his audience (no Jack, we don't know any Giselles! We won't be tipping her off!). Also, because there was no wait, I got to ride Goofy’s Barnstormer… while dressed as Aviator Goofy! It was all very festive and definitely fun to do if you are into Halloween.

Boo. To. YOU!

Last edited:

DAY THREE - Epcot

After getting back to French Quarter around 1am, we were on our way to Epcot by 8:30am! We had a full day planned here and stayed from open til close!

Due to having FastPasses for other things throughout the day, we booked it to Soarin’ upon arrival and did a ten minute wait on the standby line. So glad it was so short, as it was already up to 70 minutes when we got off the ride! I love Soarin’, it’s one of my favorite experiences at Disney and having only done the California version, loved Soarin’ around the world!

We stopped at the mini Pixar Film Festival (so cute!) and then headed over to the Food & Wine Festival center to check out what was there but honestly, the center itself is kind of out of the way and doesn’t really have anything you need (you can get the passports basically anywhere). We then headed to World Showcase to start sampling, and boy did we sample! I was really pleased with how the Food & Wine Festival works. The portions are the perfect size (big enough to share, small enough that you don’t fill up too much), price ($4-$8 for most food, a little more for cocktails/wine) and there’s so much variation. We had planned ahead for items we knew we most wanted to try but since this was the first of two (that we knew of!) Epcot days, we paced ourselves as well. We also had lunch reservations at Via Napoli in Italy, just so that we knew we would take a break, sit down and cool off. We had planned to share a pizza or two but once there, realized we still had enough appetite to get our own individuals and it was quite yummy! They have some unique options. I got a salmon and arugula, my friend got the prosciutto and melon (I stole a slice and would get that next time!) and yummy drinks. Recommended!

After lunch, we headed to Norway to FastPass Frozen Ever After! We were excited for this one, and also excited to not have to wait for it. It’s one of the better designed and storified low key rides and one of the few that my friends wished they could ride again but could never get another FastPass for. It also does go into the “definitely get a FastPass for this” category though. I’m sure it’s worth waiting for when you have kids who love Frozen and can’t miss it but wouldn’t it be even better if you can just walk right on? It would!

We finished off that side of World Showcase, including the Mexico boat ride (that’s a trip) and headed back to Imagination to visit Figment, who had been broken earlier. We hit a few more Food & Wine booths along the way, including Wine & Dine where I had the most delicious seared scallops with celery root puree, then took the boat across the lagoon back to the center of World Showcase so that we could head to the American Pavilion for Eat to the Beat. I’m a big Hanson fan and right before we finalized the dates for our October trip, they announced they’d be returning to play at Epcot, so of course we had to line up our visit with theirs! The setup for the Eat to the Beat series is pretty great, the amphitheater holds a good amount of people and there’s really no bad seat (as long as you’re not directly behind a tree). Since the sets are about half an hour each, if you feel like watching more than one, you can grab another drink or snack and then go right back in! It was an added bit of fun for me, since Hanson has a lot of songs to choose from and mixed up their sets quite a bit over the course of the night. Getting to watch my favorite band under the stars at Disney, surrounded by the countries of the world was quite an experience!

We also had a great view of sunset over China!
DNa6HzeXUAU8W_U.jpg

We ended the day by hopping on Spaceship Earth on our way out, since there was no wait. It’s fun to do now and then!

Last edited:
DAY FOUR - Magic Kingdom and Epcot

This was our only planned two park day, with Magic Kindgom in the morning and Epcot in the late afternoon/evening. This was also actual Halloween, so it there was an extra bit of fun as people were still pretty festive and clever! We wore our witches hats and Hocus Pocus/cute drinking shirts (I’m Here for the Boos!).

We basically planned our arrival time based on our first FastPass window, which was for Peter Pan’s Flight and we made it with plenty of time to spare. I was, again, pleased we had a FastPass. After that, we headed to Haunted Mansion hoping it was still early enough to walk right on for our Halloween tour before it got crowded and we succeeded! We hit up a few more Fantasyland rides and then tried to find lunch and got kind of hung up for a bit in doing so. Next time, I think we should have a lunch spot in mind ahead of time, just to avoid the aimless wandering and time spent but it all worked out and we settled on the Colonial Harbor House quick serve, which was delicious and had some healthy and hearty options. I was pleased with all of the quick serves I had in the parks!

Our last FastPass was for the Seven Dwarves Mine Train. This is a really fun ride and really well designed & pretty, with a fun and vibrant story. I think this one IS worth waiting for, though more than an hour for anything gives me pause. It is definitely one of the most unique rides, is actually more than a “tour” like many of the other rides and is just really pretty and cool to experience. It’s also a fun coaster while staying smooth and not too jarring, which makes me think it’s probably great as a kid’s first coaster, or maybe second after Barnstormer.

After we used that FastPass, we were able to book a new one for Soarin’! Since we already had plans to go to Epcot, this worked out perfectly for us. We headed toward Main Street to catch the parade from the porch at Town Hall (a great viewing area, plus close to the exit) and really enjoyed it! I love getting to see so many of the characters. Then we hopped on a monorail back to Epcot. I kind of wish there was no transfer necessary but it’s quick and super easy and we were at Epcot with plenty of time to make our Soarin’ FastPass. I was really glad to get to go on this again!

Then it was back to World Showcase for more Food & Wine. I just really love World Showcase! The design is great and it’s fun to experience the various countries. The festival does make it so that you don’t go quite as deep into the countries to visit their shops and exhibits but we did make sure to check out a bit as we strolled along the path. We sampled more items, so much yummy stuff and I loved updating my F&W passport at the end of the day, marking off what I had tried. Canada’s cheddar soup, Belgium’s beer-braised beef, the frozen martini in France and Japan’s pineapple pom sake were favorites! There was more Eat to the Beat, with some closer seats at one show (this was seriously one of the best views to watch Zac Hanson drum I’ve ever had, which I loved!), even more songs played and lots of dancing and singing! Eat to the Beat is cool, if I had an annual pass, I’d probably be Eating to the Beat around once or twice a week!

We ended this day with Illuminations around the lagoon. We were able to grab a FastPass at the last minute, so were in the viewing section across from the American Pavilion but I honestly think it would have been just as good to be anywhere around the lagoon, and probably more spread out too. Then, the mass exodus to the parking lot, which is quite a thing to witness!

DAY FIVE - Pool Day & Disney Springs

This was our “off” day and we needed it! Honestly, we kind of wished we had placed the off day in the middle of the trip but we didn’t want to miss Halloween in the parks so ultimately did the four full days before we even got to it. Just meant we were ready for the break when the time came! And I do recommend including one if you can, it’s just nice being able to lay low and not be scheduled down to the minute.

I woke up a bit earlier than my friends, so I snuck out and got some chicory coffee and went for a stroll along the river down to Riverside. It’s a nice walk and it was fun to wander around their grounds a bit while everything was still quiet and peaceful.

This is actually the only day we had breakfast in our hotel food court, so it was nice to have the chance! The food at French Quarter is actually more New Orleans themed than I expected and they have some yummy options. The breakfast potatoes are really good!

The afternoon was spent by the pool, enjoying the frozen drinks from the bar (get the All That Jazz!) and relaxing in the water. The small water slide at French Quarter seems to be a hit with kids! We couldn’t resist trying it just once ourselves. We opted not to go to Typhoon Lagoon during the trip, so having the day by the hotel pool was nice.

The evening was spent at Disney Springs. We took the boat ride from French Quarter down the Sassagoula, which was a really nice way to get there! We had dinner reservations at Bongo’s, which is as far from the boat dock as you can get but we enjoyed being able to wander over, checking out the various stores and kiosks along the way. There is a LOT of stuff there! World of Disney was particularly awesome and a little overwhelming. Goofy’s candy store was our favorite place though, ha! I got a Goofy candy apple that I still need to crack into.

Dinner at Bongo’s was good, my friends had gone there once before and really liked it so decided it was a good option to try again. The portions are huuuuge though and we couldn’t really finish our meals. Add on that we were kind of dragging from our break day (at Disney, when you aren’t on go go go, it’s kind of hard to go at all!) and Bongo’s, with their music and dancing and crowd participation, might have been a bit too stimulating for our current states of energy. As we left, we all realized we were pretty much done for the night and just slowly wandered back to the boat dock to head back to the room to relax and have an early night.

DAY SIX - Animal Kingdom

Animal Kingdom day! I will be honest, I have almost no recollection of visiting this park back when I was a teenager and even if I did, I think it was very different right after it opened. I really didn’t think this would end up being a full day park but it ended up being my favorite all-told (Epcot is close but the Food & Wine Festival had quite a bit to do with that). We were there open to close and I’d go back in a heartbeat!

We had a FastPass for a safari to start the day, going with the advice that the animals are more alert in the morning. I loved it! We did get to see basically all of the animals and quite a few of them were on the move. Not knowing what to expect, I was really pleased and satisfied with our experience (more to come).

Then we headed to Pandora! Pandora is AMAZING and I basically declared that I was going to move in there, I loved it that much! It’s so pretty! We wandered through and headed to use our Na’vi River Cruise FastPass. Oh my gosh. If I have any advice for you at all, it’s to NOT wait in line for this ride unless you really, really, really want to see it. And if you have to choose a FastPass between this and Flight of Passage and you really do want to try Flight of Passage, go with Flight of Passage. It was a perfectly enjoyable boat ride, it’s pretty, it’s cool, it’s relaxing but it is not worth the looooong wait. We only even had FastPasses for it because my friends thought Flight of Passage had a single-rider line and they weren’t going to be going on that one. I really hope the people who wait two hours to get on this at least enjoy it! I did but… I waited five minutes!

We had plans to have lunch in Pandora and it did not disappoint. First, we got drinks and pineapple lumpia to save for dessert, then got customizable bowls at the Satu’li Canteen. I swear, I would eat this for every meal if it existed outside of Disney. It was SO good, so colorful and fresh that I felt like I was eating something special and unique only to Pandora! I got the beef bowl with the veggie & quinoa base, plus we tried some cheeseburger pods. Delicious, all of it!
DNpAAa7XcAIQKVu.jpg

This is when I decided that though I hadn’t been anticipating going on Flight of Passage, I should try to get on, especially since the wait was only a little over an hour (it had been close to three hours much of our a trip leading up to our day at Animal Kingdom). So I set off and double checked with the gate attendant on the wait time, which he said would be an hour or less. I felt lucky! I don’t think there is another ride in all of Disney that has a longer built in line area. I later heard that people were lined up all the way to Harambe on some days, which is crazy because it took me at almost five minutes just to walk to the end of the line, and that was with a significant wait ahead of me! The wait is actually pretty cool too, with the various different areas to look at. The computer lab is awesome and I think I’d have been bummed to miss it on a FastPass line. Once I got into the loading area, as a single rider, I was placed in my own loading line and quickly was called in to fill in a gap in one of the rooms. So, even though there is no actual single rider line to skip the full wait, I did shave off probably ten to fifteen minutes of waiting (the other loading lines were still full). The pre-ride takes awhile but is fun and interesting. The ride itself is AWESOME. It is seriously the most unique and incredible experience I’ve ever had at an amusement park, simply because of how they use the technology and simulation options to make such an awesome and realistic ride. I screamed, I gasped, I laughed, I loved it! This one definitely IS worth a wait, though if you can somehow not wait the three hours, that’s probably ideal. I’d have gone on it again right away if I could!

I happily roamed back through Pandora to find my friends and we headed over to Asia to check out the tiger exhibit (we saw one, and he was sleeping) and then go on our FastPass for the river rapids. By this point in the day, it was HOT and it was just nice to get a little wet! Around now is when we decided to book an afternoon FastPass for the safari, just to help us power through to the nighttime light show. I hit up Expedition Everest while my friends headed to get us seats at Finding Nemo and am glad I got to get on that ride! It was a really cool ride design and I think I would have been more exhilarated by it had I done it before Flight of Passage, but still appreciated its creativity and detail. Nemo was cute and well done plus it was cool in there, haha. We headed back to Africa from some spiked Dole Whips (Disney really does a great job at catering to us adults too!) and I just loved this part of the park! There was a band playing, people dancing, the outdoor stores, it just was a lot of fun.

Booking the second safari ended up being the right choice! It was around 5:30pm so the sun was starting to provide that awesome light it does at the end of the day and the animals were much more active! The rhinos were snacking, the giraffes were on the move, the zebras were roaming (and the lioness was staring them down!), quite a few animals came really close to our vehicle. It was a really cool experience! I’d have been satisfied with just my morning safari but this took things up a notch!

We ended the night at the light and water show, which was fun. We had ended up being able to get FastPasses for that as well and I was glad we hadn’t waited long for the show to start, as it was probably my least favorite of the evening shows, though still enjoyable.

(This one was so long, I just loved Animal Kingdom!)

DAY SEVEN - Magic Kingdom & Epcot

Our last day! Since our flight wasn’t until 9:30pm, we actually did have a full day available to play once we were checked out of the hotel. We made use of the Airline Check-In available at French Quarter, which is awesome, then checked our carry-on luggage with the Bellhop and headed back out to Magic Kingdom. We had FastPasses booked through til 2pm, so headed to use those, had a little lunch and took some pictures with the newly added Christmas decorations (mostly Main Street only). We thought it was awesome to get the same poses on Main Street with both Halloween and Christmas decorations!
DNulkdCVQAEJOi6.jpg

It was when I was on Space Mountain for the second time that I realized they had turned off part of Space Mountain late during the Halloween Party (granted, it was around 11:50pm!). The entire moving walkway had been off and I hadn't even realized that ALL of the story that's included along the side of it had been off as well! Glad I got to ride it again, as I like those! After that, we realized we had pretty much done everything at Magic Kingdom that we wanted to do, plus it was a bit more crowded than it had been all week, so we decided to move on and pack in a little more elsewhere!

We decided to head over to check out the BoardWalk, partially to see if we would want to stay there at some point in the future and also because it’s close enough to Epcot to go make one more pass at Food & Wine before leaving. We explored a bit and the BoardWalk does seem nice, though French Quarter is exactly my speed, then walked in to Epcot through the World Showcase entrance that I did not know existed. Convenient! We fooded and wined some more, tried even MORE things (pineapple wine!), got a little buzzed off a Canta Loopy in China, visited the countries a little more thoroughly and picked up a few last minute souvenirs.

We got back to French Quarter with just enough time to change into plane clothes and refill our sodas, then waited for the Magical Express. And waited. And waited. We were really glad our bags were already checked! Eventually, we got picked up by an emergency Magical Express and made it to the airport with enough time.

And that was a wrap! We loved our trip and are already talking about going back again, hopefully during Food & Wine once again. We were really satisfied with our park experiences, our hotel experience, felt lucky with the weather (it only rained once!) and our waiting times and didn’t really want for anything! I definitely feel a habit brewing!

Great report! You did so much! I'm not a thrill ride lover, at all. The last time I rode 7DMT I promised myself, never again. I just do not like roller coasters. I'm ok with most simulator type rides, because they feel a lot safer to me. I really don't want to miss out on FOP. Do you think it's going to be too much for me?

Great report! You did so much! I'm not a thrill ride lover, at all. The last time I rode 7DMT I promised myself, never again. I just do not like roller coasters. I'm ok with most simulator type rides, because they feel a lot safer to me. I really don't want to miss out on FOP. Do you think it's going to be too much for me?

My friends are kind of in the same boat. They did not like 7DMT enough to use our second FastPasses for it and switched to something else. I will be honest, FOP was probably the most physically affected I was by a ride, at least at first. SPOILER (just in case!): I would compare it to Soarin', but on steroids, because not only do you have the simulated movement via the screen, you're also moving a lot on your vehicle. I actually felt the "drops" on FOP more than the real ones on Expedition Everest! If you get motion sickness, it might not be for you but if it's mostly the safety issue, you may be okay. Just remember you aren't actually going anywhere!

Last edited:
My friends are kind of in the same boat. They did not like 7DMT enough to use our second FastPasses for it and switched to something else. I will be honest, FOP was probably the most physically affected I was by a ride, at least at first. I would compare it to Soarin', but on steroids, because not only do you have the simulated movement via the screen, you're also moving a lot on your vehicle. I actually felt the "drops" on FOP more than the real ones on Expedition Everest! If you get motion sickness, it might not be for you but if it's mostly the safety issue, you may be okay. Just remember you aren't actually going anywhere!
Your last sentence is very encouraging to me! I don't get motion sickness. So that's not going to be a problem. But I don't like getting violently jerked around creating whiplash. I forgot to ask you about that.

Your last sentence is very encouraging to me! I don't get motion sickness. So that's not going to be a problem. But I don't like getting violently jerked around creating whiplash. I forgot to ask you about that.

You do get pretty intensely jerked around but I don't remember feeling whiplash. There's no upper body restraints though, so it's probably possible that it can happen.

You do get pretty intensely jerked around but I don't remember feeling whiplash. There's no upper body restraints though, so it's probably possible that it can happen.
Thanks for the information. I'm going to try and be brave because so many folks are writing so much praise about it. My fast pass+ selection opens in two weeks and I think I'm going to grab one for FOP!

Thank you for your trip report. Sounds like you had a blast and I felt like I was right there with you all. We're taking first time trips on NYE and I'm excited. The food and wine festival sounds great and I will definitely need to plan to be there in the future.

I'm trying to be brave. I have fast passes for FoP. I'm psyching myself up to ride it because my daughter wants to. I DO get motion sick, but someone suggested a band that really works for them, so I'm going to buy that. We'll see!

Thank you for your trip report. Sounds like you had a blast and I felt like I was right there with you all. We're taking first time trips on NYE and I'm excited. The food and wine festival sounds great and I will definitely need to plan to be there in the future.

I'm trying to be brave. I have fast passes for FoP. I'm psyching myself up to ride it because my daughter wants to. I DO get motion sick, but someone suggested a band that really works for them, so I'm going to buy that. We'll see!

We did have a blast!

Honestly, once my brain adjusted to what was going on, I was perfectly fine. I don't get motion sick easily but that type of movement is what affects me most (I'm fine on coasters, drops, fast things but swaying & sudden movements can be a little more iffy) and I think it was more not knowing what to expect that made me feel a little weird just at first, and once things really got going, I was so taken by the experience that I didn't even have a chance to think about anything else! It will be worth your bravery, I am almost sure!

Thanks for sharing. Our family of 5 (kids are all adults) stayed at the Boardwalk a few weeks before you. We also loved FOP, the Halloween Party, and Food & Wine. DH and I ar headed back in Three weeks for a Xmas fix. Annual passes are so good but so bad on our wallet. Glad you had a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter