A WDW Christmas trip, and the BEST Christmas gift I've ever received (completed)

HI! :wave: Seen your links in your comment from my TR! enjoyed reading about your Christmas Trip! Congratulations on the engagement! :goodvibes It sounded like y'all had a really good time this trip! I can't get over the "magical moment"! I am heading over to follow your PTR!

:welcome: And thanks for reading!! I couldn't believe our luck with the magical moment we had on this trip! Can't wait for the next trip to see what magic is in store there :)

What a fun trip report! I can't wait to read about your wedding, you guys are just the cutest!!

I just stumbled onto your TR and had a great time reading it all today!!! I loved the proposal--how sweet and incredible!!! My husband and I just did a Memories vow renewal at WDW in December 2017 and it was so incredible. I'm heading over to your PTR now to join in the excitement and anticipation of planning!!! :)

I just stumbled onto your TR and had a great time reading it all today!!! I loved the proposal--how sweet and incredible!!! My husband and I just did a Memories vow renewal at WDW in December 2017 and it was so incredible. I'm heading over to your PTR now to join in the excitement and anticipation of planning!!! :)

Thanks so much for reading! Yes, Nathan's a true sweetheart, and he came up with the most special proposal. <3 I've added your vow renewal TR to my "to read" list, so hopefully I'll get over there real soon. I imagine it must have been amazing.

I know I'm late to this party but I wanted to let you know I am reading this one and plan to play catchup on the others you have in progress.

So at 5am, in the dark, I looked out from my balcony at AKL and could see a line of 4-5 medium sized animals (possibly waterbuck? Too dark to tell.) walking along the back of the Uzima savannah, and I got very excited for what this trip would have in store. I love animals. Someday, if I could handle the travel, I’d love to see Africa. And I am absolutely crazy about giraffes. Like, drop everything and run and stare and giggle and take photos endlessly if a giraffe comes into sight. Not having a large zoo at home, Disney trips are one of my only options to see giraffes, and it’s the main reason we made a major splurge on this vacation to stay at AKL: GIRAFFES. Forever grateful to N for agreeing.

Clint is the animal lover in our family and it looks like Griffin is going to be just like him. This is why we chose AKL for DVC. I can't wait to read about the rest of your experience there. We really hope that Griffin is still as fascinated with the giraffes when we go next year and that we get to see them a lot.

I finished it! So congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding! I love all of your extra special moments. The private safari tour sounded awesome!

I had saved a few quotes I wanted to comment on and then my iPad froze and I lost them .

I do remember one being about the Butterbeer. I definitely prefer frozen over cold. I haven't had the pleasure of trying the hot but plan to one day.

I also wanted to comment on your mostly positive experiences with allergies and Disney dining - Clint use to be highly allergic to dairy as well as lactose intolerant. It came on in his late teens. Then about 2-3 years ago it started fading (I don't know how else to explain it). Originally, if milk touched his skin it would cause him to swell up and breakout in hives. If he ate/drank it it would throw him into anaphylactic shock. But then he started noticing his reaction wasn't as bad. His tongue only swelled some and if he drank water immediately it helped. Eventually he could eat/drink milk and have no reaction other than lactose intolerance issues. Eventually that faded, too. It was so weird (or as we believe - a miracle). So I say all that to say - we would have been in similar shoes as you if he still had these allergies. I am amazed and impressed that Disney tries as hard as they do with the allergy issues.

So now that I can't remember what else I wanted to comment on, I'm going to head over to your PTR .

I know I'm late to this party but I wanted to let you know I am reading this one and plan to play catchup on the others you have in progress.

Welcome!! Thanks so much for reading!!

Clint is the animal lover in our family and it looks like Griffin is going to be just like him. This is why we chose AKL for DVC. I can't wait to read about the rest of your experience there. We really hope that Griffin is still as fascinated with the giraffes when we go next year and that we get to see them a lot.

That's fabulous! We had SUCH a great experience there! The animals seem to be a huge draw for young ones (and not-so-young-ones, too!)

I finished it! So congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding! I love all of your extra special moments. The private safari tour sounded awesome!

Thank you!! We had some really special moments together on this trip <3

I do remember one being about the Butterbeer. I definitely prefer frozen over cold. I haven't had the pleasure of trying the hot but plan to one day.

I seem to be in the minority, but I definitely prefer it frozen! Hopefully you'll get the try the hot sometime too :)

I also wanted to comment on your mostly positive experiences with allergies and Disney dining - Clint use to be highly allergic to dairy as well as lactose intolerant. It came on in his late teens. Then about 2-3 years ago it started fading (I don't know how else to explain it). Originally, if milk touched his skin it would cause him to swell up and breakout in hives. If he ate/drank it it would throw him into anaphylactic shock. But then he started noticing his reaction wasn't as bad. His tongue only swelled some and if he drank water immediately it helped. Eventually he could eat/drink milk and have no reaction other than lactose intolerance issues. Eventually that faded, too. It was so weird (or as we believe - a miracle). So I say all that to say - we would have been in similar shoes as you if he still had these allergies. I am amazed and impressed that Disney tries as hard as they do with the allergy issues.

Oh my goodness! How scary, and how amazing that the allergies have faded over time! I'm a firm believer that our bodies can do amazing things when it comes to healing themselves, and this is such a cool story to hear! Disney does a fantastic job with allergies and special diets. One of the few places I feel safe!

If I missed it, forgive me, but what camera were you using? Your photos are so crisp! Love the report :)

Thank you! The pictures come from a variety of sources, strangely enough. The ones that aren't from photopass are a combination of iPhone pictures, and pictures from my Canon Rebel, and my little Canon point-and-shoot which is a PowerShot Sx710 (and which is actually my favourite for Disney trips now unless I'm super concerned with getting good shots that require multiple lenses because the quality-to-portability ratio is awesome! That and my iPhone were all I took with me on our wedding trip!)

Hi Meghan! Enjoying your TRs! I am reading out of order, caught up on your wedding TR, and then read your engagement one, and now to your May trip. I love reading about the adventures with your family (stressful and funny at the same time!). Congrats on your wedding!

Hi Meghan! Enjoying your TRs! I am reading out of order, caught up on your wedding TR, and then read your engagement one, and now to your May trip. I love reading about the adventures with your family (stressful and funny at the same time!). Congrats on your wedding!

Hi! :wave: Thanks so much for reading, and for the congrats! We have some interesting adventures, that's for sure! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!