"A Walk in Walt's Footstep's" Tour

llfowl

Mouseketeer
Has anyone taken "A Walk in Walt's Footstep's" tour at Disneyland? I might have an oppurtunity to go to Disneyland for one day, and I wanted to do a tour. I have never been to Disneyland before.

Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks!

Lori, I would not recommend this tour if you are a first-time visitor to Disneyland. It IS an interesting tour but it is definitely geared to those who have visited DL many times and who want to enjoy some of the trivia and interesting facts about the park.

For a first visit you will want to enjoy the park on your own, or perhaps try the "Welcome to Disneyland" tour. I would personally just explore the park on my own and enjoy the rides. :)

Ditto what Michelle said. I did the tour last year, but I had visited DL many times.

While the tour was interesting, our guide was boring. I think we would've enjoyed it much more had we chosen the other guide (there were two guides, and we basically split into two groups). It takes up quite a bit of time, around 2 1/2 hours, and I think for your first trip it might be better to just enjoy the atmosphere and the rides.

Thanks for the info guys. Since I have been to Disney World 18 times, I don't think that I am a novice. I have also read every book that I could get my hands on about Walt Disney, Disneyland and Walt Disney World.

I think that the tour would be interesting because of the trivia and interesting facts about the park.

I have done Keys to the Kingdom tour twice in WDW. The first tour guide and the second one was outstanding. So, I understand about getting a bum tour guide.

Thanks!

If you've read a lot of books about Disney, you may want to skip the tour (especially if this is your first time at DL). We went on this about 6 months ago, and found it to be a rehashing of all the things we knew about already. The only new thing I learned was the storyline for It's a Small World - children recreating the world in their nursery.

I'd recommend spending time exploring the park instead.

Sarangel

I'm going on the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour for the first time in February. It's $49/person and includes lunch on the Gallery balcony. I've been to both DL and WDW many times and I think the tour sounds very interesting. It also includes a visit to the Club 33 lobby which I would never get to see on my own. Worth $49? Who knows, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it none the less.

ADisneyPrincess,

Have fun on the tour! I would love to hear about it when you get back!

Thanks!

Lori

Yes, I'm anxious to hear about ADisneyPrincess's tour as well, since it's changed. I'd be willing to pay $49 for the tour!

I wanted to echo what Sarangel said about the tour...I too have read just about every book written about anything Disney, and on the tour, almost everything they talked about were things I knew already. There were a few things that I never knew, but not many.

However, if you haven't read tons of books like we have, I think you'd find out a lot of interesting things about DL. And try to pick a "fun" guide, if you have a choice!

I'll post a review when I get back! I'm looking forward to the tour and the new Royal Fanfare with the Princesses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter