A very silly question about stays......

crazyme5kids

DIS Veteran
I had a conversation with a friend the other day regarding what is considered a hotel stay. She has stayed at Universal Hotels 4 times. One time was for 2 nights having 2 rooms. Another was 3 nights, again with 2 rooms. Stay 3 and 4 was 1 night just 1 room. So here is my question. When you go to Universal and stay on site, do you count every night including extra nights for an additional room as a stay, or do you feel a stay is the entire length of time spent at the hotel?
I say she has stayed 4 times. She says she has stayed 12 times. What do you say? I have stayed on-site twice. Once was for 2 nights having 2 rooms. The second stay was for 6 nights, again having 2 rooms. Still I consider it 2 stays, not 16 stays. So what do you consider a stay is?
I told you it was a silly question LOL!

WOW:confused:

Each trip I make, I consider a stay. I had one stay in 1999 for three days. I returned in 2001 for another three days. I went back in August for 6 days. Each time I had one hotel room. I would refer to my collective trips as three stays. I would do so even if each member of my family had their own room on each trip.

I agree with you crazyme5kids, and IMGONNABE40! I count my stays the way you both do!

I also agree with how you're counting stays. There's another thread going on where I just listed the Loew's "qualifying stays" restrictions. (thread "Room Assignments) It certainly does get confusing!

Each trip is a stay...you are correct...doesn't matter how many nights or rooms.

We stayed in July, two rooms for 5 nights. I started out as Loews Blue (with no stays) and they sent me a new card informing me that I am now a Loews Platinum. So each night and each room counted as a stay. At least it did for me. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter