• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A very quick trip...

Adamspt2

Earning My Ears
Arrived in Anaheim on 10/4. Spent 10/5 in Disneyland and 10/6 in California Adventure before flying to Vegas on 10/7. Original plan was to go to Vegas for my sister's wedding anniversary but the SO and I figured since we were coming in from Kentucky, this would be as good as any time to slide over to DL since neither of us had ever been. We stayed at the Grand Californian.

The trip was a whirlwind, trying to fit in *most* of what we wanted to do. We had made lists in relative order of importance to try to keep us from killing ourselves!

The day we got there, we had a quick lunch at GC, rested a little in the room, and then headed off to dinner at Naples Ristorante. Walked around and shopped a little and then headed off to bed.

The next day was DL. We started with a character breakfast at Plaza Inn. Might have been odd for everyone to see two grown men in their 50's without any kids, but we had fun anyway! :) In Disneyland, for me, the highlight was Star Wars even if every Star Wars ride broke down while we were on it! We were able to complete Star Tours, Smuggler's Run and Rise of the Resistance so it was fine in the end. We cancelled our reservations for lunch at Cafe Orleans and had Rontos Roasters instead - I thought it was pretty good. We also hung out at Oga's. All in all, we spent a lot of time (more time than we had budgeted) in Star Wars (mostly due to Rise of the Resistance breaking down), but had a lot fun. Randomly ran into Chewie! :) For dinner we went to Blue Bayou. We agreed it's more 'ambience' than good food so I doubt we would go back. It was nice though sitting inside with a glass of wine watching the boats from the Pirate's ride go by.

Got up bright and early the next day. Grabbed a breakfast sandwich in Downtown on our way to California Adventure. SO wanted to ride the Incredicoaster (which I passed on) so I walked around looking for a Dole whip which I had missed out the previous day only to discover you can't get those in Cal Ad!!!! I was disappointed but found solace in other treats. Went over to Avenger's Campus where I watched some of the outside shows(?) while the SO went on the dropping elevator ride. I also had a couple of Regulator's from Pym's and thought they were very good. We had some lunch at Schwarma Palace which we both really liked and then got in line for the Racers ride which was a lot of fun. Stopped and had some dinner at Wine Country Trattoria. Had tix for Oogie Boogie so we stayed through until the very end. We had reservations for the dessert/parade thing. As soon as we were seated it just barely started misting. Fortunately, it cleared up and they still had the parade. That made for a long day as we probably got to the park around 9am and didn't leave until almost midnight. We did take a quick hotel room break before Oogie and that certainly helped keep us going.

Did I mention I'm not really a 'rides' person? We had watched a ton of videos to see what seemed tolerable for me. Wound up riding the Matterhorn which was a huge accomplishment for me. I also rode Goofy's Sky School. Lordie, I won't ever get on that thing again! Everytime we went in for a turn I just knew we were going to fly off the track! All in all, a great trip! Thanks to everyone who helped with information espeically about reservations. Wound up with a reservation for everything except the Tiki bar which was fine in the end.

Sounds like a great few days at DL! Thanks for sharing! I do love WDW but really enjoyed our 2 visits to DL. I'd love to get back there. How did you find the crowds?

I just realized - did I post this to the wrong board?

I thought the crowds were heavy - of course, I've never been there before so I don't have a comparison. I know we got in line for the cars ride at an hour wait and shortly after they announced it was a 2 hour wait. But at the same time, we walked right up to Rontos (maybe one group of people ahead of us) and right up to the Schwarma stand. The crowd definitely thinned for Oogie Boogie which I was expecting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter